• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Happens When You Die?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
They can do whatever they like to my old getup, but I won't be in it.

How much longer are you going to allow your costume to yank you around and into the grave?
:slap:

As if you've been on my side of the discussion all this time!

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Short post...A lot of people are cremated and their ashes scattered or preserved in some sort of cruel container.
A lot of people are buried or contained in some sort of cruel container or casket of some sort.
~
I wonder what is the best form of interment, and why ?
~
Thats all...answers anyone ?
~
'mud

Well I recall someone who recounted their previous death. They died on a battle field. Killed back when they used swords for such things. They claimed when they died, they had no idea really what to do but hang out within their dead body. No one removed the dead bodies so they were left to rot.

Eventually the body decayed to the point that they found themselves within a fleshless skull. They finally realize that the body had decayed beyond any reasonable need to try and remain attached to it. They finally moved on... Unfortunately no details about what moving on meant.

So I figure best to be cremated to avoid that particular predicament. :yes:

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
"Well I recall someone who recounted their previous death..."
~
Whuuuuuut ? "recall" ? "recounted" ? "who" ?
:sarcastic
~
'mud

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Oh my.....old Ron...the con man of con men.
When I started my electronics design and repair center in St. Pete I worked on the peice of crap E-meters for old Ron and his flunky associates.
Three transisters, germanium, and two diodes, a couple of capacitors and etc resistors and such. It was a crude galvenameter of sorts. It supposedly measured skin conductance if one could get the skin moist enough. It was, and still is, a toy of an electronics paraphenala. It didn't work for ....!
That was about 35 years ago or more...my how time flys. The religon still exists and still is ripping people off.
Way off topic !!!!! I apologize emmensly...but was a surprise for me.
~
'mud

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
hey Nakosis,
I hope that I didn't insult your religion there.
I can't believe that you would be a member.
If you are, then I'm sorry, but the religion is almost....
I should quit right here I think.
Once again, sorry for the inference.
~
'mud

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Oh my.....old Ron...the con man of con men.
When I started my electronics design and repair center in St. Pete I worked on the peice of crap E-meters for old Ron and his flunky associates.
Three transisters, germanium, and two diodes, a couple of capacitors and etc resistors and such. It was a crude galvenameter of sorts. It supposedly measured skin conductance if one could get the skin moist enough. It was, and still is, a toy of an electronics paraphenala. It didn't work for ....!
That was about 35 years ago or more...my how time flys. The religon still exists and still is ripping people off.
Way off topic !!!!! I apologize emmensly...but was a surprise for me.
~
'mud

I used to build, test and repair Emeters. :cool:

I knew the Engineer who designed the Mark something or another. Mark 3 I think. Now it's like mark 8 or 9.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
hey Nakosis,
I hope that I didn't insult your religion there.
I can't believe that you would be a member.
If you are, then I'm sorry, but the religion is almost....
I should quit right here I think.
Once again, sorry for the inference.
~
'mud

I'm no longer a Scientologist.

I don't care, you should feel free to express your opinion.

I can tell you they could tell when I was lying. I could also make the needle float. That's what they'd call a clear mind. I would meditate. Before Scientology I followed a Guru from India for a number of years.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
My mission is to save ALL sentient beings. :)

Good luck with that.
You might start with yourself.

btw...save 'who'? .....from.... 'what'?

and of course 'you' still believe in yourself.
You claim you're not real.
Why should anyone follow your salvation?
It's no more real than you are!

hehehehehehehehe

godnotgod

Thou art That
Good luck with that.
You might start with yourself.

btw...save 'who'? .....from.... 'what'?

and of course 'you' still believe in yourself.
You claim you're not real.
Why should anyone follow your salvation?
It's no more real than you are!

hehehehehehehehe

I am not referring to salvation in terms of souls or any self lost in Identification; I am simply referring to illumination and realization as salvation from ignorance and suffering. Awakening itself is salvation.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I am not referring to salvation in terms of souls or any self lost in Identification; I am simply referring to illumination and realization as salvation from ignorance and suffering. Awakening itself is salvation.

oh, so.....'you' are now awake?....and posting to people who are not?

atta boy.

But I see no merit of a frubal.

Uh, exactly what "evidence" would you be referring to?

Well, given that we can temper different aspects of our awareness, by manipulating the brain, the conclusion that the mind is part of the brain is extremly likely.
It's extremly unlikely, that, despide our awareness being subject to corruption of the brain, suddenly when our brain dies, our awareness will go on.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Well, given that we can temper different aspects of our awareness, by manipulating the brain, the conclusion that the mind is part of the brain is extremly likely.
It's extremly unlikely, that, despide our awareness being subject to corruption of the brain, suddenly when our brain dies, our awareness will go on.

7billion+ souls on the earth....and we all fail?
No one survives the last breath?
No one?
Not one chance in billions?

I think it is unreasonable to make such a large and contrary assumption.

Parsimony

7billion+ souls on the earth....and we all fail?
No one survives the last breath?
No one?
Not one chance in billions?

I think it is unreasonable to make such a large and contrary assumption.
You do realize that a place has to actually exist in order for anyone to go there, right? If Disney World was never constructed, then no one could go there no matter how many people live. Likewise, if the afterlife doesn't exist, then no one will go there no matter how many people are born. Conversely, the afterlife could exist no matter how few people ever lived. I really don't understand why you think there is any kind of connection at all between the existence of a place and the number of people who could potentially go there...

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You do realize that a place has to actually exist in order for anyone to go there, right? If Disney World was never constructed, then no one could go there no matter how many people live. Likewise, if the afterlife doesn't exist, then no one will go there no matter how many people are born. Conversely, the afterlife could exist no matter how few people ever lived. I really don't understand why you think there is any kind of connection at all between the existence of a place and the number of people who could potentially go there...

You are an assembly...mind and heart, in a body.
The body will fail for sure.

I suspect the peace if heaven is guarded.
You might not go there.
It might not be allowed.
That place would be one number short, if you don't get to be there.

Parsimony

You are an assembly...mind and heart, in a body.
The body will fail for sure.

I suspect the peace if heaven is guarded.
You might not go there.
It might not be allowed.
That place would be one number short, if you don't get to be there.
Which didn't address my point at all.

godnotgod

Thou art That
oh, so.....'you' are now awake?....and posting to people who are not?

Some are; some not. Those who are asleep think they are awake. Those who are awake know they are no longer asleep.

Those lost in the corridor of Identification, in which they imagine themselves to be an ego they refer to as 'I' and which is acting upon the world are asleep. We call this state 'Waking Sleep'.