• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Happens When You Die?

godnotgod

Thou art That
And this is your belief?

Waiting to rejoin the flesh?

Yes indeedee! On that fateful day, corpses will go flying skyward up, up, and away out of their graves and crypts, body to body, bones 'a jangling;

"Hey!" one was overheard to shout to another:

"Isn't that MY metatarsal you've got there?" :angel2:

Rejoin the flesh? Why, of course, silly! Why, without flesh, how would you enjoy the Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious titillations of celestial ice cream, sex, fragrances, and visual delights? Don'cha know? Christian Heaven is all about the flesh, on Earth as it is in Heaven, world without end. Amen! Cheeez!

Jordan Kurecki

Servant of Jesus Christ
Mormons believe every word the Bible has to say about Jesus Christ, including that He is our Savior, that He is God, and that He is perfect and sinless. I would strongly suggest that you not try to tell people on this forum "what Mormons believe," because you clearly don't know. I do, and trust me, I will be there to call you on your half-truths and outright lies every single solitary time.
They do not believe that he is Jehova. I have personally had Mormons tell me this. It is the official doctrine of the church.

There is a huge difference from saying Jesus is "a god" and God.

Jordan Kurecki

Servant of Jesus Christ
Why are you so angry and hateful? You're making a fool out of yourself and you're not going to change anyone's mind. You make Christianity look completely disgusting!

There is nothing hateful about warning people from danger that is to come, it's sad that you would interpret it that way.

What would be so mean and angry about telling people who are in a burning building that they must get out or burn?
It would be mean and hateful not to warn people.

Yet I am simply doing the same thing spiritually.

Christianity is the most beautiful truth in all the world, that even though we are wicked and deserve hell, he sent his son Jesus Christ to die on the cross in our place, so that we could have eternal life by trusting on Christ!

That is not angry or hateful, it is absolutely wonderful and loving.

What is hateful is a doctor telling his patient that everything is going to be ok,when he has a serious life threatening disease.

It would be more angry and hateful for me not to say anything.

Apple Sugar

That's the beauty of resuscitation after clinical death. As to the rest that's your personal opinion that you afford given you're implying my experience is mine. That's cute.

stickmen.gif
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life!

Actually as you are talking to us - you obviously didn't die.

You had a near death experience - where the brain is still working,

Tunnels of light, and such are known brain reactions, - and the rest is probably your mind trying to ease your coming death by remembering your particular God indoctrination.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
They do not believe that he is Jehova. I have personally had Mormons tell me this. It is the official doctrine of the church.
They do not believe that Jesus Christ is the same person as God the Father.

There is a huge difference from saying Jesus is "a god" and God.
You're right about that. And we believe that He is "God." Here is a quote from the Doctrine and Covenants (which is about as official a source as you'll get) in which we have Jesus Christ actually referring to himself as "God." That, incidentally, is something you won't even find in the Bible.

For behold, I, God, have suffered these things for all, that they might not suffer if they would repent; But if they would not repent they must suffer even as I; Which suffering caused myself, even God, the greatest of all, to tremble because of pain, and to bleed at every pore, and to suffer both body and spirit—and would that I might not drink the bitter cup, and shrink—Nevertheless, glory be to the Father, and I partook and finished my preparations unto the children of men. (Doctrine and Covenants 19:16-19)

In the future, you might want to consider leaving the explanation of what constitutes "official doctrine of the Church" to someone who actually knows. That said, don't worry; I don't hold grudges all that easily. I'm sure we can find plenty of stuff to agree on.

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Okay, I apparently haven't posted in this thread prior to today's posts, but I did find a response I gave on another very similar thread. So here is the Mormon belief on "What happens when you die?":

Thank you,

What is the "gospel" message according to Mormons?

I actually have a hard time with the idea of Jesus dying as payment for "my sins" which is the perception I get from the concept of Christianity.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
That's the beauty of resuscitation after clinical death. As to the rest that's your personal opinion that you afford given you're implying my experience is mine. That's cute.

Lady - Your brain obviously kept receiving enough oxygen, and kept working!

For you see, - if it didn't, - you would be dead, - or at the very least, be profoundly brain damaged.

You are not, - SO, - nope, - didn't happen. You did not actually die.

I assume your heart stopped, - and they revived you before - lack of oxygen, - could kill you - or cause brain damage.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
What is the "gospel" message according to Mormons?
Well, like all Christians, we believe the word "gospel" refers to the "good news" that God has provided a Savior for us and that, through Him, we might be reconciled to our Father in Heaven. For Mormons, though, I'd say that the gospel message goes a bit further, since it encompasses God's entire "Plan of Salvation" for His children. It begins during a period of time we call our "pre-mortal life" and extends throughout eternity. It's just quite a bit extensive in its scope than it is for most Christians, and it is essentially universal in its coverage.

I actually have a hard time with the idea of Jesus dying as payment for "my sins" which is the perception I get from the concept of Christianity.
I can understand that. I think it's difficult for any person with a moral compass (as you obviously do) to accept the fact that someone else took upon himself the punishment you deserved. I don't know if it would make any difference to you or not, but Mormons believe this is something Jesus really wanted to do for us -- purely out of love. It wasn't something that was forced upon Him by His Father.

Apple Sugar

Lady, I don't care what you think of my experience. I shared of my own free will. I was there you weren't. You don't have to accept my experience into your reality.

We're done here.

For you see, - if it didn't, - you would be dead, - or at the very least, be profoundly brain damaged.

I assume your heart stopped, - and they revived you before - lack of oxygen, - could kill you - or cause brain damage.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Ingledsva said:

Lady, I don't care what you think of my experience. I shared of my own free will. I was there you weren't. You don't have to accept my experience into your reality.

We're done here.

Truth is truth - you just have to accept it.

You obviously didn't actually die - as you are here.

A crash-cart is called when people's vital organs start to shut down - which can lead to death. Obviously as we are typing with you - your brain still had oxygen, and kept working, - and they managed to get things going again before actual brain death.

When someone says something like - I died twice on the operating table - they actually usually mean that their heart stopped. But that is not actually death - unless it can't be restarted, - and your brain doesn't get oxygenated blood.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Truth is truth - you just have to accept it.

You obviously didn't actually die - as you are here.

A crash-cart is called when people's vital organs start to shut down - which can lead to death. Obviously as we are typing with you - your brain still had oxygen, and kept working, - and they managed to get things going again before actual brain death.

When someone says something like - I died twice on the operating table - they actually usually mean that their heart stopped. But that is not actually death - unless it can't be restarted, - and your brain doesn't get oxygenated blood.

Have you been there?....(nde)...

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Have you been there?....(nde)...

Nope, I've been very lucky. Two accidents - our truck was hit and thrown into a deep ditch, bounced, hit the other side, and was thrown back onto the highway, and the second, I have already told you guys about. I did a 360 on black ice, in the middle of the highway, and went off backward. LOL! It is not smart to ride on black ice. Put the toys away for the winter. :D Other then a bump and a scrape, I wasn't hurt either time.

However, being interested in such, - I have been reading the brain studies.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
There is nothing hateful about warning people from danger that is to come, it's sad that you would interpret it that way.

What would be so mean and angry about telling people who are in a burning building that they must get out or burn?
It would be mean and hateful not to warn people.

Yet I am simply doing the same thing spiritually.

Christianity is the most beautiful truth in all the world, that even though we are wicked and deserve hell, he sent his son Jesus Christ to die on the cross in our place, so that we could have eternal life by trusting on Christ!

What is hateful is a doctor telling his patient that everything is going to be ok,when he has a serious life threatening disease.

It would be more angry and hateful for me not to say anything.

Are you sure?

I think it is actually better not to know anything about these Jesus stories. Because once you heard them, you better believe them. Or else. A typical offer you cannot refuse :)

Unless you think that all people who never heard the "good" news for reasons outside their control (for instance per-columbian Americans) will go to hell by default.

Will they? If not, why not?

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

godnotgod

Thou art That
.....he sent his son Jesus Christ to die on the cross in our place, so that we could have eternal life by trusting on Christ!

"Now, Jesus, this is gonna hurt a little, but please understand it's just the way tough love works, and in reality, crucifying you for your blood is absolutely wonderful and loving."

Poppycock!

Tell me how the shedding of a man's blood does anything to wash away sin? Don't you see the superstition and ignorance in this kind of thinking?