• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What faith would you support banning???

What faith would you suppoort banning?

• Total voters

gnostic

The Lost One
It really depends on the circumstances.

If the religion is destructive, put members or outsiders in harm way, exploit people or do that brain-washing-thingie, then I would like to have it banned. Any religion that coerce people in joining or make them do thing that are not morally right, then I would have it banned.

If Christianity called for New Crusade, or Islam called for Holy War, jihad or whatever, thus promoting violence, then I would have them immediately banned.

It really depends on the current situation and what they are preaching.

I have voted "others". It could be none, it could be one or two, or it could be all.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
I would Ban Satanists, Luciferians, Pegans, Wiccans, Scientology, Alien-based religions and other such lines.

but that's just me.

Any particular reason, or are you just trying to get attention (somehow I suspect that's the case...)?

BTW, what's a "Pegan"? I've never heard of that religion before.

Bishka

Veteran Member
sure in my own mind, but let's not discuss it on the forums, might hurt people's feelings.

That's what this thread is for, and if you will hurt people's feeling, perhaps you could voice it in a way that would respectful of them and their beliefs. This is a debate thread and debates are welcome.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
sure in my own mind, but let's not discuss it on the forums, might hurt people's feelings.
Um... if you're afraid of "hurting people's feelings", perhaps you shouldn't have said you would ban their religions in the first place. I can't see how explaining your reasons why would make it worse. Other than maybe to reveal that you don't have very good reasons.

Booko

Deviled Hen

So, how do you square banning Pagans with our Constitutional guarantees of freedom of religion?

And you do realize, I hope, there are some people living in this country who would like to ban *your* faith.

I would support neither, for reasons that should be quite obvious.

Booko

Deviled Hen
I know, all that Booko, but the thing is they couldn't "ban" my faith, our church has helped humanity all across the globe, member and non-member. Gordon B. Hinckley
received the Presidential Medal of Freedom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:biglaugh: Dream on, hon.

Once you start down that road of banning religions, yours can end up on the chopping block anytime.

Or maybe you haven't noticed how many sites there are out there that attack your religion? Or paid missionaries *against* your faith?

Those people are just waiting for an excuse to get rid of you. Go ahead and give them an excuse. Yeah, that's real smart.

My personal opinion is that those anti-LDS groups are despicable. Of course, I can't see much difference between what they promote and what you've just said in this therad. Maybe you can explain that so even a birdbrain will understand it.

Bishka

Veteran Member
I know, all that Booko, but the thing is they couldn't "ban" my faith, our church has helped humanity all across the globe, member and non-member. Gordon B. Hinckley
received the Presidential Medal of Freedom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That doesn't mean squat, the government of Missouri almost tried to do it once, it can happen again. Do you really think we are safe because President Hinckley received the President Medal of Freedom? Wow.....just wow.:areyoucra:cover:

You still haven't explained why it is okay to ban other faiths in your views; would you care to explain that to the class? One note of interest, remember the 11th article of faith? If not, just check my signature, that should explain it in the easiest of terms of what the LDS Church stands for and what official Church teaching is on the subject.

eudaimonia

Fellowship of Reason
Banning? I would only ban and punish those activities that violate individual rights. I wouldn't ban the faith itself. I support freedom of religion.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Mike182

Flaming Queer
madhatter, so long as you are not insulting a faith, you can debate the positive and the negative sides of it.

if you want more help in understand what constitutes insulting a faith then please PM a SuperMod or an Admin, but if you do understand what constitutes insulting a faith, then you can avoid doing that in presenting your argument for why you would ban Satanists and Pagans.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice

Since when do you care about other people? I suppose there's a first time for everything.

I still think you're just looking for attention. That's what trolls do.

It's also very amusing to hear you say that you'd like to ban certain religions, and then also complain when Christians tell you that you're not one. Oh the sweet irony of hypocrisy. :)

storm2020

I would Ban Satanists, Luciferians, Pagans, Wiccans, Scientology, Alien-based religions and other such lines.

but that's just me.

I'd like to see if the world were any different if those were the major religions and you were seen as weird for believing what we consider the major religions today.