• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What faith would you support banning???

What faith would you suppoort banning?

• Total voters

gnostic

The Lost One
opuntia said:
Some would rather die than give up their faith, hence to ban may include murdering the adherents if we were serious about wiping out a particular faith or belief.
Who said anything about wiping out through killing and murder?

I have a problem with any religion where men can exploit women and children for pervert sexual gratification. I am also against any form of brain-washing, used by some of the religion. And I am also against religion that also financially exploit people, because they are nothing more than greedy con-men.

Sorry, but there are times, where actions must be taken to arrest these who use religion and faith for any sexual or financial gains, but I have never said anything about murdering people, if they don't give it up. Arresting the ring-leaders of these religions are of utmost important.

Banning religion really depends on the particular situation, but particularly if they are engaging in criminal activities. Religion should be treated as sacred organisation if they are willing to break the law.

Smoke

Done here.
Who said anything about wiping out through killing and murder?

I have a problem with any religion where men can exploit women and children for pervert sexual gratification. I am also against any form of brain-washing, used by some of the religion. And I am also against religion that also financially exploit people, because they are nothing more than greedy con-men.

Sorry, but there are times, where actions must be taken to arrest these who use religion and faith for any sexual or financial gains, but I have never said anything about murdering people, if they don't give it up. Arresting the ring-leaders of these religions are of utmost important.

Banning religion really depends on the particular situation, but particularly if they are engaging in criminal activities. Religion should be treated as sacred organisation if they are willing to break the law.
Remember Beulah Mae Donald? Her son was lynched in Alabama in 1981. One of the killers was sentenced to life in prison, and another was eventually executed. The SPLC helped Mrs. Donald win a wrongful death settlement against the United Klans of America, which bankrupted them. She ended up owning their meeting hall. That's one way to approach criminal religious organizations.

groovyable

The Jehovah Witness religion has been banned in some areas such as Russia, China and Germany. Whilst the ban was on JWs still preached the Good News underground, seen as though they were breaking the law at that time and they still do break the laws in some banned JW countrys.. would some people here support the ban?

frg001

Complex bunch of atoms
The Jehovah Witness religion has been banned in some areas such as Russia, China and Germany. Whilst the ban was on JWs still preached the Good News underground, seen as though they were breaking the law at that time and they still do break the laws in some banned JW countrys.. would some people here support the ban?

I would certainly enforce medical treatment of children who may need a blood transfusion.
And I would like to see a personal option for it to be a crime for ANY religious preacher to cold call at my personal house.

However I wouldn't really endorse a ban thinking on it as it only encourages further practice...

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
No. On what grounds? Tho I suppose I wouldn't mind somehow discouraging them from ringing my doorbell on a Saturday morning.

Aasimar

Atheist
I don't think religions should be baned, banning things doesn't make them go away (Pot?) However if anybody EVER denies their child medical treatment for their ridiculous superstitions, They should be tried for 1st Degree Murder.