• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does it mean?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Well, before I wrote to you my reply about the seeds of the kingdom, the field of the world, and the soil of people's hearts, and gave you an explanation of Jesus' illustration, I prayed for God's holy spirit to help open your eyes to see what was being revealed. That is also an evidence of God listening to and answering sincere people who are searching for answers about the truth.

I have no doubt that you did receive a measure of holy spirit during your contemplating my reply to you.

It is pointless to try and help people see the truth from the Bible if God's holy spirit is not upon them. For it is God that opens your mind's eye to see what is being revealed. This is not a work that comes from man. So in turn it would be pointless to try and help you to perceive these truths if I did not plead to God firstly for his holy spirit. Always when making replies to people on this website, or taking the time to talk with them in other venues, your servant supplicates for God's holy spirit to both guide my words with wisdom, and open the mind of the listener. And I have had the joy and privilege to see many people be blessed with the holy spirit. Some have right out said they perceive God's spirit when I walk into their stores and talk with them and at other times.

I do not say this to brag, but to say it to help you see that faith in God is not of our own doing. It is God's holy spirit, which is very real, acting upon us. Faith is part of the fruitage of God's holy spirit, and it is impossible to have faith in God without his holy spirit.

I only read half of this only because it throws me off a lot when any believer assumes religious questions mean the questioner is looking for the "purpose of life."

It sounds more evangalistic and that's a red flag since I have my own spiritual beliefs and no need to change to any other. With that said, I was just wondering as common on RF that when you mentioned holy spirit, I thought JW did not believe such a thing.

Do you mean god's spirit that's holy (an adjective rather than a separate being in itself)?

Eyes to See

It sounds more evangalistic and that's a red flag

I respect your views. I have a feeling that as you said:

I only read half of this

this is the reason you have an erroneous conclusion about Jehovah's Witnesses. I highly doubt that you have not been given answers to it before. It has more to do with your heart, and your mental disposition to listen to what is being revealed.

I respect you and your beliefs as I do everyone's.

When someone asks a question I will use God's word. That is because I like you am just human and very ignorant to most things. It would be pointless to give you my own point of view of things as if it is impressive or means something.

God's word has force because it is from God. And God's holy spirit is the one that does the searching of hearts. So I am always pleased and most satisfied if I am able to share the mind of God by sharing his word in the Bible with a person, if that is only one scripture.

If the person accepts the word of God for what is is, God's inspired word of truth, or rejects it because of their heart condition, that is on the person. And it is not me they are rejecting. It is Jehovah's holy word and his holy spirit. Those people will remain in darkness.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I respect your views. I have a feeling that as you said:

this is the reason you have an erroneous conclusion about Jehovah's Witnesses. I highly doubt that you have not been given answers to it before. It has more to do with your heart, and your mental disposition to listen to what is being revealed.

I respect you and your beliefs as I do everyone's.

When someone asks a question I will use God's word. That is because I like you am just human and very ignorant to most things. It would be pointless to give you my own point of view of things as if it is impressive or means something.

God's word has force because it is from God. And God's holy spirit is the one that does the searching of hearts. So I am always pleased and most satisfied if I am able to share the mind of God by sharing his word in the Bible with a person, if that is only one scripture.

If the person accepts the word of God for what is is, God's inspired word of truth, or rejects it because of their heart condition, that is on the person. And it is not me they are rejecting. It is Jehovah's holy word and his holy spirit. Those people will remain in darkness.

Wow. I had two JW friends before they moved. They respected my views as I did them. I have no issues with JW and all those I've met (which they usually meet me) were nice.

So, please don't assume. I just don't care for the "she needs to be saved" mentality. I'm just here for discussion.

Eyes to See

Wow. I had two JW friends before they moved. They respected my views as I did them. I have no issues with JW and all those I've met (which they usually meet me) were nice.

So, please don't assume. I just don't care for the "she needs to be saved" mentality. I'm just here for discussion.

Just like you are under the belief Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe in the holy spirit, there are people, even after talking with JWs for a long time that believe we don't believe in Jesus.

Why do you think that is?

I think you explained it for yourself.

But I also do understand a forum such as this is not conducive to keeping your mind trained on one conversation as you are focused on perhaps several at the same time all going in different directions.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Just like you are under the belief Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe in the holy spirit, there are people, even after talking with JWs for a long time that believe we don't believe in Jesus.

Why do you think that is?

I think you explained it for yourself.

But I also do understand a forum such as this is not conducive to keeping your mind trained on one conversation as you are focused on perhaps several at the same time all going in different directions.

The reason I got JW didn't believe in the holy spirit as an entity because every JW I talked with disproves the trinity. The holy spirit (Holy Spirit rather than Spirit that's considered Holy) is one of the three members of the trinity-and so far I've been told (I don't study JW beliefs. I don't own a bible) they dislike the trinity calling it paganism and Christendom.

While I know I shouldn't generalize all JW, but that's the pattern I'm getting. Do you believe in the trinity and members of the trinity?

Eyes to See

I have an off the topic question. I thought JW didn't believe in holy spirit?

I answered the question for you if you recall.

If you only read a portion or part of the replies you may come away with incomplete understanding or misunderstandings. I mentioned to you I prayed for the holy spirit, and also for it to help you understand what is being shared with you. And also shared how it is impossible to have faith without the holy spirit.

That should give you a good idea that Jehovah's Witnesses believe in the holy spirit. I thought that was simple enough and sufficient enough for you to understand that.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I answered the question for you if you recall.

If you only read a portion or part of the replies you may come away with incomplete understanding or misunderstandings. I mentioned to you I prayed for the holy spirit, and also for it to help you understand what is being shared with you. And also shared how it is impossible to have faith without the holy spirit.

That should give you a good idea that Jehovah's Witnesses believe in the holy spirit. I thought that was simple enough and sufficient enough for you to understand that.

Do you believe in the trinity?

The holy spirit is seen as 100% god/jehovah and 100% jesus christ as well as 100% spirit from god.

Does JW believe in this holy spirit or just that god's spirit is holy?

Eyes to See

Do you believe in the trinity?

The holy spirit is seen as 100% god/jehovah and 100% jesus christ as well as 100% spirit from god.

Does JW believe in this holy spirit or just that god's spirit is holy?

Here is a question for you. What did Jesus mean when he said that the kingdom is like leaven that a woman takes and uses to ferment 3 large measures of flour?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Here is a question for you. What did Jesus mean when he said that the kingdom is like leaven that a woman takes and uses to ferment 3 large measures of flour?

I don't know Eyes to See. I don't look into christian beliefs. I'm a pretty direct person so rhetorical answer/questions doesn't really help. Does JW believe in the trinity or not?

Eyes to See

@Unveiled Artist

That look when Steve Martin opens the Taxi door is harlious:

surpised (2).jpg

Eyes to See

Seriously?

Yep, not a lie. I have this habit of watching it about this time every year with my wife, we both love it. I've watched it at least probably a dozen times. I think it is one of the greatest comedies of all time.

I just liked you a little more because of it!

Look, I'm really tired, like I just told Adrian in his post to me. I really need to hit the sack. Maybe tomorrow if I have time we can talk more. I don't mind it. Have a good night. And take care at work (sorry you have to work on Saturday night.)

Vee

Premium Member
But god. What does he look like? Is there an outline of his body? Does he touch people? I know some christians say they feel god's presence behind them or over them.

No human has ever see God, since he's a spirit and doesn't have a physical appearance that humans can perceive. We can however discern God's personality from the things He has made. The same way you can tell a lot about an architected based on his/hers designs, you can also learn a lot about God by observing and meditating on His creation.
Some people say that they have "seen" the hand of God in their lives - myself included - but that's in a figurative way. I genuinely believe that God helps people today, but not in the sense that he shows up in a physical state and fixes our problems for us. He helps us spiritually and emotionally. Many times I've had situations in my life that could have gone very badly and I prayed and looked for advice in the Bible and ended up making a decision that turned out to be good. I know many others who have similar stories, but since there is no physical evidence to back that up, it all comes down to faith.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
No human has ever see God, since he's a spirit and doesn't have a physical appearance that humans can perceive. We can however discern God's personality from the things He has made. The same way you can tell a lot about an architected based on his/hers designs, you can also learn a lot about God by observing and meditating on His creation.
Some people say that they have "seen" the hand of God in their lives - myself included - but that's in a figurative way. I genuinely believe that God helps people today, but not in the sense that he shows up in a physical state and fixes our problems for us. He helps us spiritually and emotionally. Many times I've had situations in my life that could have gone very badly and I prayed and looked for advice in the Bible and ended up making a decision that turned out to be good. I know many others who have similar stories, but since there is no physical evidence to back that up, it all comes down to faith.

It is interesting that I've had many spiritual experiences but from those experiences never thought of god or the word for that matter. I've had what believers call advice from god. I learn something new believers would say "god has told them-warned or blessed" and from what I learned and take heed of tells me whether I made a stupid decision or not.

If I attribute these daily occurrences to god, I wouldn't say its an entity or being. When I think of entities or beings (ghosts, so have you) I think of something outside oneself. So, you can sit down and have a chit chat with god or if god is actually touching you while you pray. I never had that.

What you're describing doesn't sound like an entity is involved but the experience and communication "of the" spirit (rather than from). So you can attribute your experiences you mentioned from god if god is the function or method to which your advice and prayers have been answered. But once you say it's an entity (a being in its own right), it draws the question of what is it a part from the believer to which it has influence on the believer without being "defined by" the spirit of him or her.

IF I got that at all right.