• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does it mean?

Clara Tea

Some of the best psychics in the world have claimed to have powers from God, and conversations with God. Edgar Cayce said that he got divine revelations. Cayce said that, as a devout Christian, he didn't want to believe some of the visions that he saw, but he had to because he knew that his visions came true. People would come to Cayce with ailments, and he would tell them to go to some obscure shop (which he never could have seen), and look for an obscure bottle on a high shelf, and take those pills, and their ailments went away. Cayce said that he had visions of extraterrestrial (alien) life, and he really didn't want to believe it, but he had to.

For many psychics, belief in ESP is not optional....they know that their visions come true, and so they must believe in God because that is what they see. They can even tell others about future events, and that forces others to believe whether they want to or not.

I often read that there is no scientific proof that ESP is real, but this is not true. The Stanford Research Institute had hired Professor of statistics, Jessica Utts (was at UC Davis, but now is at UC Irvine). Utts said that if her research was not about ESP, there are no professionals who would doubt the conclusion that it is real. But only because people don't want to tarnish their reputations by studying ESP, they don't want to read about it.

nPeace

Veteran Member
@Unveiled Artist I followed your conversation with JWs on the thread, and I just want to say one thing.
We has spoken at length and on many occasions. Most times we don't agree, but despite that, we don't show any animosity ... at least I don't think we do.
We already spoke about the holy spirit, when you questioned me about it being a force, and what that meant.
We spoke about the nature of God, when you questioned me about what spirit meant, and dynamic energy.
Perhaps you didn't store those conversations in mind and connect them with JWs, because you at some point didn't know I was a JW.

I think that's what Eyes to See, is trying to say to you. When you read what is said, are you hearing what the spirit says.
I know you read, but remember I often questioned if you did, because it seemed like you were not understanding what I wrote.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
@Unveiled Artist I followed your conversation with JWs on the thread, and I just want to say one thing.
We has spoken at length and on many occasions. Most times we don't agree, but despite that, we don't show any animosity ... at least I don't think we do.
We already spoke about the holy spirit, when you questioned me about it being a force, and what that meant.
We spoke about the nature of God, when you questioned me about what spirit meant, and dynamic energy.
Perhaps you didn't store those conversations in mind and connect them with JWs, because you at some point didn't know I was a JW.

I think that's what Eyes to See, is trying to say to you. When you read what is said, are you hearing what the spirit says.
I know you read, but remember I often questioned if you did, because it seemed like you were not understanding what I wrote.

The last part,hearing what the spirit says?

I thought it was an intellectual conversation...but I did forget you were JW. I forget conversations easily if they are long so maybe eyes to see has a different perspective. I'd have to go back to see where we (ETS) left off.

nPeace

Veteran Member
The last part,hearing what the spirit says?
How are you reading it, in other words. That's all I'll say though. Only you can answer that, so don't ask me how.

I thought it was an intellectual conversation...but I did forget you were JW. I forget conversations easily if they are long so maybe eyes to see has a different perspective. I'd have to go back to see where we (ETS) left off.
I just wanted to remind you of our conversations. See you around.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
How are you reading it, in other words. That's all I'll say though. Only you can answer that, so don't ask me how.

You lost me.

What is the reasoning behind your question because I don't know what exactly you're asking and looking for both literally and figuratively?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Okay. I'm an atheist (I do not believe deities exist). When I think of deities, I think of Greek Mythology, Hinduism even. So, I want to know from those who believe deities/entities exist (whether it be Jehovah, Ordin, whomever).

To those with whom these questions are appropriate,how do you know they exist as actual entities?

What brought you to that conclusion and how did this actual deity (not feeling, love, energy, or anything like that) communicate with you?

A lot of people say they hear god as a "whisper". They "just know." It's instinct. But do you believe there is an entity behind that instinct (etc) if it's not the source itself?

I believe it is the same way one knows if a person is a Christian: by the fruit.

My first time hearing God speak was when I was 13. At that time I knew about God from church and I witnessed that other people prayed to Him so I did that and received an answer.

I believe God does not speak loudly but I had no trouble hearing Him. I would call His response, natural.

I believe sometimes people are wrong about that. Instincts and a supposed knowing are not dependable.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Speaking of atheists...(at least the atheists I know in real life), they usually believe in very strong ideals like Justice, Truth, Goodness, Kindness...

So it is not true that atheists do not believe in anything. They do believe in ideals or virtues that don't necessarily imply the existence of a deity.

Or French Deists who used to believe in the Déesse Raison (goddess Reason)...

Perhaps they believe the bread in the store just magically appears also.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I believe it is the same way one knows if a person is a Christian: by the fruit.

My first time hearing God speak was when I was 13. At that time I knew about God from church and I witnessed that other people prayed to Him so I did that and received an answer.

I believe God does not speak loudly but I had no trouble hearing Him. I would call His response, natural.

I believe sometimes people are wrong about that. Instincts and a supposed knowing are not dependable.

What do you mean you believe entities exist by their fruit?

Was hearing god an actual voice?

If it's not a feeling, something from the gut (which is not negative-maybe heart would be another word-intuition?), or even indoctrinated teaching, what do you mean by voice?