• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does God want from you?

Bird123

Ephesians 4:6

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

What you See and Hear is what Elohim/God wants from You? What you Are is what Elohim/God Ordained for you. Everything that happens is the Will of Elohim/God and Ordained by Elohim/God.
Understanding God's system, one knows free choice is an important part. Each freely chooses their own path. God is involved, however God's children are as well.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!!

Bird123

I’d say that each spiritual calling is different and that all are of equal importance and value to God.

My calling requires me to live as attentively, selflessly (free from self[-interest]) and humbly towards others as possible.

Both when I succeed and when I fail, the value of this practice is felt most clearly.

Humbly,
Hermit
You are right. All God's children are equal. On the other hand, each is at a different level of understanding.

Seems, you are headed in a good direction. Let me point. Unconditional Love always does what is Best for the other. It is not always about giving what they want.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

Bird123

The God who made the world and all things in it, this One being Lord of Heaven and of earth, does not dwell in handmade temples, nor is served by hands of men, as having need of anything. For He is giving life and breath and all things to all.
Acts 17:24-25

What could anyone give to God, when He has given everything we have?
Very good!! Many see God as a Ruler demanding so many things. They do not realize the Universe was made for all God's children not for God. The universe serves it's purpose very well.

Bird123

I see God created us to give us the opportunity to know and Love God.

The question may be, how willing are we to submit to that lifetime opportunity.

Regards Tony
In reality, that has nothing to do with God's system. A Being capable of creating us and the universe is very smart. Do you really think your so-called wayward kids are a problem?

In time, all kiddies will make it and be able to Discover what those best choices really are. The real beauty is that it is being done all within each person's free choices regardless of that those choices are.

There is Real Genius behind what God is really doing.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Very good!! Many see God as a Ruler demanding so many things.
When believers claim their God is doing it.
They do not realize the Universe was made for all God's children not for God. The universe serves it's purpose very well.
This isn't factual.

In this time-based causal universe, God's actions can be seen. When one understands God's actions, one understands God. How long did mankind watch birds fly before they figured out how? The knowledge was there all along. God is hiding nothing.
This is religious dogma, not factual. Where is your evidence? Where is your argument? Making assertions like this is against the rules.
I'll let you in on a secret. You already know God whether you know you know now or not.
Not a true statement. This is a rule violation.

You are right about God not wanting from us. On the other hand, there is much you do not see.

God isn't through creating us. This last part requires much time since each chooses their final path to a Higher Level. Without free choices, true learning is not possible. When one understands all sides, Intelligence will make the best choices.
More claims and not a single shred of evidence or argumentation.

Bird123

Well if God created you with cancer he wants you to suffer through medical treatment, and perhaps a painful death. As an atheist I have exceptional health.

Theists speculate too. It’s not as if they any gods exist, even if they are so bold as to claim such a thing.

How can anyone have an answer?

Well we also have to consider reality, like diseases, mental health problems, genetic defects, and so on. God causes all that yoo. Why? Sociopath?
All you can see is your pain. The answers are there staring you in the face. Stop feeling and start thinking. What changes occur? You have a thorn and you hate, scream and hurt when I pull it out. How long do you choose to focus on the hurt before you Discover the results??

God works on multiple levels with multiple views. If you are unwilling to widen your view and advance your thinking beyond it hurts, how can you ever hope to Discover anything???

Bird123

God would want to meet loveable people that try to find a way of living that is sustainable and enjoyable. If there's a God that entity hasn't mastered creation by a longshot. God would be a student of the reality that he/she it is bound by.
It is not God who is the student. God is teaching all His children to Love Unconditionally. Can you see how?

F1fan

Veteran Member
All you can see is your pain.
This is the claim, where is the evidence and explanation?
The answers are there staring you in the face.
This is the claim, where is the evidence and explanation?
Stop feeling and start thinking. What changes occur? You have a thorn and you hate, scream and hurt when I pull it out. How long do you choose to focus on the hurt before you Discover the results??
Why do you assume I don't think when each of my posts demonstrate I reason?
God works on multiple levels with multiple views.
This is a claim, where is the evidence and explanation?
If you are unwilling to widen your view and advance your thinking beyond it hurts, how can you ever hope to Discover anything???
My view is based on knowledge. That doesn't seem to be satisfactory for you. You insist I'm unwilling to widen my view (to your religious view, I take it) yet you offer no evidence that allows my mind to expand into what you claim is true. Your claims are not fact-based, so I have no ethical option to widen it into illusion. I'm not interested in dogma, I am interested in knowing what is true in reality.

Bird123

Do whatever I want.
Believe whatever I want.
Be happy.
Return home when I want or stay out in this universe to experience as much of it as I can.
You do have the process involved. You forgot the Sauce, and the Goal.

Bird123

Think of the damage you could cause if you were president.

"What is" is not any of the things you post. You don't seem to realize this. "What is" is that you have views that are not factual.
No one will be allow to alter the lessons of themselves or others.

Factual?? Sometimes one Discovers Truth is stranger than fiction. This is especially so when truth is not an agreeable thing.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You do not understand. Wisdom is acquired along that journey to Discover those answers. We are the ones who should be searching. God has placed the knowledge around us all. How long did mankind watch birds fly before they figured out how? The knowledge was there all along. God hides nothing. It all waits to be Discovered.

So why childhood leukemia?
So far no one has the wisdom to understand why the god who supposedly created everything created childhood leukemia.

He's hidden that well

Elihoenai

Understanding God's system, one knows free choice is an important part. Each freely chooses their own path. God is involved, however God's children are as well.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!!
Elohim/God Cannot Not Be Involved because Elohim/God is Everything! Elohim/God is Omni!

muhammad_isa

So why childhood leukemia?
Why pick on one particular disease? For effect, no?

Disease is part of the mortal world that we live in .. we are but machines.. very "smart" machines, of course.
Why is it that the washing machine you purchased was faulty?

In a perfect world.. but it aint.. we've seen to that. :(

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Why pick on one particular disease? For effect, no?

Disease is part of the mortal world that we live in .. we are but machines.. very "smart" machines, of course.
Why is it that the washing machine you purchased was faulty?

In a perfect world.. but it aint.. we've seen to that. :(

Why not? Surely the one god you worship created everything including the bad. If not, then where did it and all other diseases come from. That is one question I'd ask

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
OK. God creates the universe and God creates you. What does God want from you?

If you are an atheist, speculate. If God really exists and creates the universe and God creates you. What does God want from you?

Before you just give a quick answer, consider a Being capable of creating the universe and you has to be very very smart. Consider High Intellect with your answers. Make God's answer High Intellect.
Desire is a quality of ego. Why would we begin with a premise that ego is a quality of God? "Smart" and "intellect" are qualities of a brain. Why would we begin with a premise that God has a brain?

In my experience, anthropomorphizing God limits one's ability to understand such a being.