• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you make of God/s

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Believer/Non-believer, what do you make of the God/s that you know of or pray/ed to

Egyptian-
Greek-
Roman-
Jewish-
Christian-
Islamic-
Dharmic-
Pagan-
Other-

They're fundamentally rooted in the same vagaries of the human psyche.

BSL

Atheist God
I don't believe the gods are real, but more like personifications or archetypes.

Egyptian- I think I would've loved to be Egyptian, I think the Egyptian gods are very aesthetic.
Greek- Greek deities are classics and we can all relate to them in some way.
Roman- I think they are mostly plagiarists because they took most ideas of gods from the Greeks, lol.
Jewish- The Jews were originally Canaanites and worshipped those gods. Lots of Mesopotamian influence. I feel neutral about it.
Christian- Just like any other pagan god. Yahweh has his good points and bad points.
Islamic- Allah seems like a cool guy, though I haven't studied Islam that extensively. Probably similar to Yahweh.
Dharmic- I think Dharmic gods are portrayed very philosophically, which is appealing. I often feel a connection with Dharmic deities because they are larger than life.
Pagan- Just pagan, I guess? But there are many different kinds of Paganism. Most has a good balance between good/bad.
Other- Well others can have their gods. All gods are created in our image, so humans just create themselves an idol to give them strength or whatever else they need.
What do you mean archetypes

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I don't believe in Gods of other religions .. just me

I don't either. I don't believe in any gods.

But that does not entail that those different beliefs should not equally deserve the same (intellectual) respect.

Ciao

- viole

BSL

Atheist God
I don't either. I don't believe in any gods.

But that does not entail that those different beliefs should not equally deserve the same (intellectual) respect.

Ciao

- viole
We wouldn't fight if every body was like you.
Are naturalist Gods possible.

BSL

Atheist God
What Jung came up with. Hard for me to explain. Sort of like a love deity represents the archetype or 'image' of love, then we idolise it to take on those traits. If that makes sense?
Was love deity a Jungian concept