• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you like better dogs or cats?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Jeez! I like how your husband feeds the cats like a farmer would scatter feed for his chickens. :D

Thanks! Y'all do as well :) And wow, the cats...I like those too :) Feeding them cured their squabbling :p That video is definitely an accurate representation of having that many cats, we've had a few ourselves.

We've found feeding that way(love how you worded that, @SigurdReginson ) works best. When we fed in bowls, a few cats(like Yodel, the big grey one who is clearly being a farthead) dominate and take the majority of the food. When its scattered, everybody eats. It also seems to fulfill a hunting need; when they have enough, they stop eating. With feeding in a bowl, they are more likely to gorge(and then throw up). A few of them actually like 'hunting down' the little kernels, with the Lucky and Nina going so far as to remove books from shelves to see if any pieces of food got lodged in, or moving toys or clothes to see if anything is underneath.

Most of the time, they all get along. Except Kore, the white one. She doesn't start the fights exactly, but she taunts until someone else does... and unfortunately, she doesn't usually enjoy the outcome.

Batya

Always Forward
We've found feeding that way(love how you worded that, @SigurdReginson ) works best. When we fed in bowls, a few cats(like Yodel, the big grey one who is clearly being a farthead) dominate and take the majority of the food. When its scattered, everybody eats. It also seems to fulfill a hunting need; when they have enough, they stop eating. With feeding in a bowl, they are more likely to gorge(and then throw up). A few of them actually like 'hunting down' the little kernels, with the Lucky and Nina going so far as to remove books from shelves to see if any pieces of food got lodged in, or moving toys or clothes to see if anything is underneath.

Most of the time, they all get along. Except Kore, the white one. She doesn't start the fights exactly, but she taunts until someone else does... and unfortunately, she doesn't usually enjoy the outcome.
Sounds like a good solution. It caught me by surprise at first though to be honest haha, but I like it. :thumbsup:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Sounds like a good solution. It caught me by surprise at first though to be honest haha, but I like it. :thumbsup:

We've had some guests over in the evening who are completely unprepared for what comes at feeding time... our house is fairly large, and other than a couple more social ones, most of the cats make themselves scarce for company. So what appears to be a 2-3 cat household all the sudden turns into a galloping herd.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
We've had some guests over in the evening who are completely unprepared for what comes at feeding time... our house is fairly large, and other than a couple more social ones, most of the cats make themselves scarce for company. So what appears to be a 2-3 cat household all the sudden turns into a galloping herd.

I love everything about that... Next time you have guests who aren't aware of what event is about to unfold before their eyes, you should say "Hold on. I gotta do something real quick." Then just grab the food, start scattering it, and shout "Suuuueeey!" :D

Then when you're done... "Anyways, where were we..."

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
tenor.gif
"hello. i do swim."

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Don't mind either, so tend to treat them much the same, even if a dog (Chow) took an undeserved (and unexpected) bite out of my hand as a six-year-old - never owned either although we did have a cat when I was very small:

Funny-Animals-animal-humor-29016371-1280-800.jpg

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
@Heyo I wonder why you marked my post funny? I was serious. I love snakes. My uncle used to breed them. I once held a 28 foot long albino burmese when I was 8 years old. It was awesome. I don't know why folks are afraid of snakes.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
My grandparents had a doberman pincer named "Micky." He was far less fearsome and majestic looking than Nub, there, and could be described more as "lanky" and "awkward" than anything else. He used to have a bad habit of running full tilt in the kitchen only to slide into their cabinets when we would sit down to eat. I mean, we all get hungry, but damn!

Memories. My grandfather used to breed dobermans, whenever we visited as a young child, if i had done my disappearing trick i could always be found in the cage, asleep, snuggled up in amongst the dogs.

ChristineM

Premium Member
@Heyo I wonder why you marked my post funny? I was serious. I love snakes. My uncle used to breed them. I once held a 28 foot long albino burmese when I was 8 years old. It was awesome. I don't know why folks are afraid of snakes.

Snakes are nice, never owned one but had no problems with a friends python around my neck.

And they are really quite nice smoked...

Heyo

Veteran Member
@Heyo I wonder why you marked my post funny?
Just because it was unexpected. "Cat or dog?" - "Snake!"
I was serious. I love snakes. My uncle used to breed them. I once held a 28 foot long albino burmese when I was 8 years old. It was awesome. I don't know why folks are afraid of snakes.
I also like snakes, though I wouldn't hold one as a pet. There are slowworms in my garden (which aren't snakes but I wouldn't mind adders or grass snakes either).

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Just because it was unexpected. "Cat or dog?" - "Snake!"

I also like snakes, though I wouldn't hold one as a pet. There are slowworms in my garden (which aren't snakes but I wouldn't mind adders or grass snakes either).
Yeah it is kinda funny when you think about it.

Heyo

Veteran Member
The one on the left is also Loki, so named because he is full of mischief.

That one was also named Loki, and for the same reason.
I put him on my shoulder because he was going to eat that Pomeranian and then his brothers and sisters would have wanted one, too.

Attachments

• loki.jpg
    loki.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 1

ChristineM

Premium Member
That one was also named Loki, and for the same reason.
I put him on my shoulder because he was going to eat that Pomeranian and then his brothers and sisters would have wanted one, too.

Our Loki would not have tried to eat the pom but would sneak up behind it and bop it and run away, or would hide around a corner and try to trip it up as it passed.

Talking of Pomeranians, our first dog was a pom, snappy yappy little bugger it was. It killed a full grown German shepherd.

It got stuck in its throat.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Our Loki would not have tried to eat the pom but would sneak up behind it and bop it and run away, or would hide around a corner and try to trip it up as it passed.
That Loki in the picture (who didn't have a name at that time) was 11 weeks old. And you know how adolescent males are, I'm sure he was confident he could do it.