• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What determines Trump's actions?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
If Trump were given the mind and heart of mother Teresa, the Virgin Mary, or John the Baptist, wouldn't he behave differently? Of course!

So how much is Trump at fault?

God created mosquitos, ticks, bed bugs, and lice...does God create bullies too? Am I to blame my bed bugs for biting and being who God made them to be? No , that's what they do. God is responsible!

He created the devil didn't he?

People receive the mind and heart that they are given and their inclinations govern them. I think telling Donald Trump to be different is like telling a homosexual to be heterosexual, or telling you to prefer chocolate when you like vanilla more.

Meaning I think some predispositions govern him, and if God gave you the same mind, heart, and inclinations, you would behave the same way.

But by the grace of God there goes you?

So who is at fault? If there is a God don't you see the responsibility he shares in all this?

Romans 13:1

Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

Could God give Trump the same inclinations he gave mother Teresa? Yes....then Trump would likely go to the gutters and care for the poorest of the poor... people like Trump can change only if their inclinations change. Who is at fault?

Maybe God is a comedian with an offensive sense of humor that likes shocking people?

Any thoughts?

If there is a God and he's omnipotent, would you consider him having a share in the responsibility? Why or why not?

Actually, the God of the Koran and OT reminds me of a bully, fascist dictator, bigot, and yes, Trump!

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Insects have no social intelligence, no capability of determining whether an action is helpful or harmful and self-modifying to prevent harm. Trump does. Even if I were to believe in a god, I wouldn't attribute good or bad actions of people to it.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Insects have no social intelligence, no capability of determining whether an action is helpful or harmful and self-modifying to prevent harm. Trump does. Even if I were to believe in a god, I wouldn't attribute good or bad actions of people to it.
He just might truly believe he knows what's best for America

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Trump is now living out what hes always been, but it appears he's getting worse. His parents couldn't even deal with him, which is why they sent him to military school. He's always been brash, condescending, and self-centered, characteristics even some of his college associates have said he exhibited when they were in school together. PBS had a good special on him and his background that one may still have access to.

But I think he's getting worse, quite possibly because of dementia as he constantly repeats himself and has a hard time following a conversation. Also, he does show some signs of mental illness, but without diagnosis I certainly won't go so far as to say that he does. I have a son who suffers from "bipolar disorder" and a granddaughter who suffers from "mood disorder", and I see what they've gone through that sometimes parallels what we've seen with Trump.

Bottom line: this is scary, folks, and it should not be taken lightly because unpredictability is a by-product of mental illness.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Trump is now living out what hes always been, but it appears he's getting worse. His parents couldn't even deal with him, which is why they sent him to military school. He's always been brash, condescending, and self-centered, characteristics even some of his college associates have said he exhibited when they were in school together. PBS had a good special on him and his background that one may still have access to.

But I think he's getting worse, quite possibly because of dementia as he constantly repeats himself and has a hard time following a conversation. Also, he does show some signs of mental illness, but without diagnosis I certainly won't go so far as to say that he does. I have a son who suffers from "bipolar disorder" and a granddaughter who suffers from "mood disorder", and I see what they've gone through that sometimes parallels what we've seen with Trump.

Bottom line: this is scary, folks, and it should not be taken lightly because unpredictability is a by-product of mental illness.
Oh, he's been quite predictable

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Insects have no social intelligence, no capability of determining whether an action is helpful or harmful and self-modifying to prevent harm.

Sure they do. It's actually the norm for eusocial insect species like bees and wasps.

(Only reason I know this is because there's a faculty member at the university who researches this and I've been to some of their talks)

[/tangent] :sweat:

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
I imagine one of those pull the string kid toys with an arrow that stops somewhere explains Trump's actions as well as anything. If you can understand Trump's behavior, you're better at analyzing the mind than me!

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Sure they do. It's actually the norm for eusocial insect species like bees and wasps.

(Only reason I know this is because there's a faculty member at the university who researches this and I've been to some of their talks)

[/tangent] :sweat:
Should have been more specific to the parasitic insects listed.
Or just talked more about social empthy, which insects probably do not have (but other animals do.)

Skwim

Veteran Member
If Trump were given the mind and heart of mother Teresa, the Virgin Mary, or John the Baptist, wouldn't he behave differently? Of course!
But then he would hardly be Donald Trump, would he.

Just what do you see him being at fault for?

In any case, in the deterministic sense, none at all. Aside from that, A LOT! For one thing, he's at fault for being an incredible liar. Lying on almost a daily basis.

People receive the mind and heart that they are given and their inclinations govern them. I think telling Donald Trump to be different is like telling a homosexual to be heterosexual, or telling you to prefer chocolate when you like vanilla more.
While I imagine a lot of people hope he could be different, I haven't heard of anyone telling Trump to be different. I believe everyone sees the futility in such an attempt.

So who is at fault? If there is a God don't you see the responsibility he shares in all this?
According to the Bible, having infused all of humanity with sin and its subsequent shortcoming, the answer would be god.

Maybe God is a comedian with an offensive sense of humor that likes shocking people?
As I've parsed him from the accounts in the Bible, he's a schizophrenic, egocentric, monster who cares very little for anything he's created except as entertainment. I think it truly amuses him to watch people struggle and suffer. Why? because he's created so much of it and he's let it continue.

He [Trump] just might truly believe he knows what's best for America
Even if he did, which I don't believe he does, unless it can benefit him he couldn't care unless.

Just as an aside, I'm finding his growing annoyance with the criticism of his words a deeds to be delightful. I'm sure that more and more he's had to recite his mantra: "I am always right," "I am a stable genius," "everybody wishes they were me." "I am always right," "I am a stable genius," "everybody wishes they were me." "I am always right," "I am a stable genius," "everybody wishes they were me."

nydailynews_trump_11118.jpg

Last edited:

Jumi

If he were given a heart transplant from someone dead for a long time, he'd join them... if he had his mind switched by "supermagic" with someone from an ancient time he couldn't even understand today's world.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Actually, the God of the Koran and OT reminds me of a bully, fascist dictator, bigot, and yes, Trump!

My experience with CEOs, admittedly perhaps limited, is there is always a bit of a bully in their character. To me Trump seems like every other CEO I've ran into.

I don't know if it's something in their character that drives them to these positions of power or if the position of power brings out the bully in them.

Either you are successful and you need people to listen to you or you need the appearance of success to get people to listen to you.

Trump has been successful being who he is for 70 years. I doubt he's going to see any reason to change.

He, according to himself, knows best how to succeed. He set his mind to being President and won the election. He's not going to accept any criticism of any kind for his actions. Never, ever.

The only benefit of criticizing Trump is one of self-entertainment.

615282_1.jpg

Spiderman

Veteran Member
If he were given a heart transplant from someone dead for a long time, he'd join them... if he had his mind switched by "supermagic" with someone from an ancient time he couldn't even understand today's world.
Do you believe in God? God talks about removing hearts of stone and replacing them with hearts of flesh in scripture

BSM1

What? Me worry?

God created mosquitos, ticks, bed bugs, and lice...does God create bullies too? Am I to blame my bed bugs for biting and being who God made them to be? No , that's what they do. God is responsible!

He created the devil didn't he?

Meaning I think some predispositions govern him, and if God gave you the same mind, heart, and inclinations, you would behave the same way.

But by the grace of God there goes you?

Romans 13:1

Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

Could God give Trump the same inclinations he gave mother Teresa? Yes....then Trump would likely go to the gutters and care for the poorest of the poor... people like Trump can change only if their inclinations change. Who is at fault?

Any thoughts?

If there is a God and he's omnipotent, would you consider him having a share in the responsibility? Why or why not?

RE: Isaiah 45:7

suncowiam

Trump is an @ss.

Even if you're a conservative, you can agree with this.

Any other Republican could have ran with his policies. Nooooo... You all had to choose Trump.