• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Are You Panic Hoarding?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Tikka masala sauce. I'd lose my freaking mind if ran out of that taste of heaven.

Also, sunshine. I hoarded so much last week, I got sun-poisoning.
I have a restaurant right around the corner from me that now gets my perfect score: they are open for delivery, the price is right -- and the chef makes the best tikka masala I've ever had. Oh, yum!

For anybody living in Toronto, it's called Tamasha. Yonge/Davisville. Try it.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
hqdefault.jpg
oh the brass.

And no cast iron in sight.

But it still counts as hoarding

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Oh, yeah....have you tried to buy an antique babbitt ingot there lately?

Btw, on an unrelated note, there's a remote possibility that I
might pick up a gorgeous French portable steam engine.
Very unlikely, but possible.
Do you find steam engines practical for driving your "personal pleasure" devices?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The only brass jacketed portable I've ever seen.

Btw, do you know why the firebox end is called the "petticoat"?

Lots of polishing to keep it looking good, these french ladies are high maintenance.

I long to remain ignorant of the why the firebox whatsit is not called a firebox

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Lots of polishing to keep it looking good, these french ladies are high maintenance.

I long to remain ignorant of the why the firebox whatsit is not called a firebox
The firebox is still called a firebox.
But that end of the engine's boiler is the business end, hence the "petticoat".

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
:confused: touching your face?

The golden rules for avoiding coronavirus. Wash your hands, stay at least 1.5m away from others and don't touch your face. The first two are easy, not touching my face has proved impossible and the more I try not to the harder it is.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
The golden rules for avoiding coronavirus. Wash your hands, stay at least 1.5m away from others and don't touch your face. The first two are easy, not touching my face has proved impossible and the more I try not to the harder it is.
It is. If you are sitting, put your hands together. Try keeping something in one hand as much as possible - pen, keys.....