• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Are You Panic Hoarding?

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
I had a one month's supply of Mary Jane, however that lasted me two weeks. I still have plenty of Wild Turkey, Angle Soft, electricity, bottled water, weapons, Remington Ammo, canned pork and beans, and raisin bran cereal, which I eat sparingly in order to conserve on Angel Soft.

I have about a year's worth of concentrate ✌

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
dog food.
I was stressing a little about dog food, day before yesterday.
But then I went to Walmart and the shelf was well stocked. I bought a huge bag.

Now, if I could just find isopropyl alcohol. We're almost out.
Tom

Laika

Premium Member
I'm keeping my supply of antique babbitt ingots intact.
Know where I can get more?

So far we are doing fine and making do. Although my mum has bought chocolate Easter eggs and we seem to be eating them because we get so bored and the cravings take over.

My dad jokes about feeling deprived if we run out of olives and sun dried tomatoes. He keeps complaining the diet is getting more "British" (i.e. boring) and the range of foods and flavours is getting smaller. Growing up as post-war baby and having vague memories of the end of rationing, he remembers going out for his first Chinese takeaway with his family.

my parents keep joking about Vesta curries from the 1970s and 80s being awful and that being the point of utter desperation. Not having been born then, I don't get the joke, but the pictures speak for themselves.

curry2-624x534.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So far we are doing fine and making do. Although my mum has bought chocolate Easter eggs and we seem to be eating them because we get so bored and the cravings take over.

My dad jokes about feeling deprived if we run out of olives and sun dried tomatoes. He keeps complaining the diet is getting more "British" (i.e. boring) and the range of foods and flavours is getting smaller. Growing up as post-war baby and having vague memories of the end of rationing, he remembers going out for his first Chinese takeaway with his family.

my parents keep joking about Vesta curries from the 1970s and 80s being awful and that being the point of utter desperation. Not having been born then, I don't get the joke, but the pictures speak for themselves.

curry2-624x534.jpg
It looks like it could be good.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
My wife works for the red cross, so emergency preparedness is something we've always followed; i.e. always have at least two weeks worth of food/supplies/batteries/flashlight/first-aid, etc.
Also, I've have connections where I can get essentials to top off if needed.
That's hardly enuf.
Some people are greatly distressed at only 2 weeks.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

curry2-624x534.jpg

One of my first food memories is a Vesta paella. But i have recovered from the horror and now make what i am told is a mean paella. I guess the mussels are easier to buy than they were in the 70s