• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are the Odds there's a God?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
If you were asked to describe your belief or disbelief in god in terms of odds, what odds would you ascribe to the possibility that god exists? One out of ten? Two out of ten? Something else?

Why did you estimate the odds as you did?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Depends on how you define "exist". If you mean what are the odds of God existing as an external force or person? I prefer not to think about things like that, because I believe it's impossible to know.

But is there a God that exists within the human psyche? I think the success of religion should be an answer enough for that.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
If you were asked to describe your belief or disbelief in god in terms of odds, what odds would you ascribe to the possibility that god exists? One out of ten? Two out of ten? Something else?

God as inherently extant entities, as opposed to human creations? About one chance in a million, perhaps.

Practically proved non-existent, if you are refering to the Abrahamic God of Judaism, Christianity, Islam and the Bahai Faith, who is cannonically self-contradictory, demonstrably insane and morally bankrupt.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member

Since it my understanding that the concept of 'god' refers to the one eternal and omnipresent EXISTENCE in which all that exists have their existence, then FWIW ascribing odds, it's 10 out of 10.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
10/10

Because I have had experiences which offer no other option... except insanity...

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
10/10

Because I have had experiences which offer no other option... except insanity...

Even insanity is a human chosen word. What you meant is different from default.
Besides, "no other options" and "except" is the same as "at least one option". :D

I always say 80% not existing. But those are just worthless numbers. Just to point oiut that I am way more atheistic than theistic, but am not stuck to that though.
As everybody has a different concept of God, it's imposible to give that one number.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
about 1/10000000000 due to rounding error. Take it to 3 figures and its 0/100.

Wishful thinking contibutes 1x10^-10%

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Since it my understanding that the concept of 'god' refers to the one eternal and omnipresent EXISTENCE in which all that exists have their existence, then FWIW ascribing odds, it's 10 out of 10.
Oy vey - a 10 out of 10 chance that "EXISTENCE (sic!) in which all that exists have their existence" exists! Now there's a conviction one can truly appreciate ... :banghead3

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
What maths are you using :areyoucra So by your calculations, Pi is actually equal to 3.79 as well?

The universal kind.. :D

1x10^-10%
You are using 10 to the power of -10%
10% equals 0.1
-10% equals -0.1
10^(-0.1) = 0,79..........

Now how did you go from Pi to 3.79? :rolleyes:

SpiritualBeing

This is the same as saying, 'What are the odds that you're going to have a child?' Just because you have sex, doesn't mean that you're going to conceive a child through it.

It depends on how far your belief in God goes if you ask me. I believe in God, so I think the odds are pretty high. But to an Atheist, the odds will be pretty low. It's swings and roundabouts.

kai

ragamuffin
do the odds change then ,whether you beleive or not? can you influence the odds?