• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are the major scientific errors in major religious scriptures?

Jabar

“Strive always to excel in virtue and truth.”
Could you explain what you are saying? Hindus believe that all deities that they worship are aspects of one God. One Supreme God (or Brahman) assumes various forms in order to establish greater resonance with the predispositions of various people. Hinduism is about one transcendent manifested in various forms.
Exactly, this goes against what it actually says, does it permit worship of forms?

Besides, not all Hindus believe that all dieties are aspects of One God, that is illogical either way.

People tamper with faiths.

Do you believe in other scriptures or only Baghvad Gita?

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
The demigods Hindu's worship is not in accordance with the belief in scriptures.

Other parts of scriptures contain demigods.

:)
You are most confused. Demi-gods can only give you material benefits. They are not the Lord, who can give moksha, emancipation from the material world, and attainment of his realm, Sri Vaikuntha. Lord Krishna clearly says that demi-god worship is fruitless in the long run.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Exactly, this goes against what it actually says, does it permit worship of forms?

Besides, not all Hindus believe that all dieties are aspects of One God, that is illogical either way.

How does it go against it?

Jabar

How does it go against it?
Can i quote from Vedas, the most sacred scripture in Hinduism?

"Those whose intelligence has been stolen by material desires surrender unto demigods and follow the particular rules and regulations of worship according to their own natures."
[Bhagavad Gita 7:20]

The Gita states that people who are materialistic worship demigods i.e. ‘gods’ besides the True God.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
It is a clear contradiction, why are you denying it?

That is your thinking, the scripture says otherwise.

It EXPLICITLY says that.

Considering Krishna looks like a human is rather odd, you really call that God?

He eats like humans.

So, are Gods capable of dying? That is illogical, it is man-made.

God is nothing like humans.

:p
Lord Krishna manifested as a human because he is teaching us, humans, the most conscious of all beings on this planet. He was Yashoda's son, and assumed the role of a child, then a charioteer in his life. But this is all a play. His leela. When Yashoda asked Krishna 'let me see what's in your mouth' after learning that Lord Krishna ate dirt, he opened his mouth and Yashoda saw the whole universe. He's a cheeky one. :) He may look human, but to all who could see, he was supremely divine.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member

"Those whose intelligence has been stolen by material desires surrender unto demigods and follow the particular rules and regulations of worship according to their own natures."

The Gita states that people who are materialistic worship demigods i.e. ‘gods’ besides the True God.
You can quote from The Vedas, of course.

Jabar

Lord Krishna manifested as a human because he is teaching us, humans, the most conscious of all beings on this planet. He was Yashoda's son, and assumed the role of a child, then a charioteer in his life. But this is all a play. His leela. When Yashoda asked Krishna 'let me see what's in your mouth' after learning that Lord Krishna ate dirt, he opened his mouth and Yashoda saw the whole universe. He's a cheeky one. :) He may look human, but to all who could see, he was supremely divine.
The moment God looks like a human, he is not God.

You are talking about your own perspective of the verse not the truth.

How is he divine if he needs to eat food?

Jabar

You can quote from The Vedas, of course.

1. "na tasya pratima asti
      "There is no image of Him."
      [Yajurveda 32:3]5
    2. "shudhama poapvidham"
      "He is bodyless and pure."
      [Yajurveda 40:8]6
    3. "Andhatama pravishanti ye asambhuti mupaste"
      "They enter darkness, those who worship the natural elements" (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). "They sink deeper in darkness, those who worship sambhuti."
      [Yajurveda 40:9]7

Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.
    4. The Yajurveda contains the following prayer:
      "Lead us to the good path and remove the sin that makes us stray and wander."
      [Yajurveda 40:16]8 See brother

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
The moment God looks like a human, he is not God.

You are talking about your own perspective of the verse not the truth.

How is he divine if he needs to eat food?
Oh if Lord Krishna could not eat, then he could not please his devotees by letting them serve him sweets and delectables!

Jabar

Oh if Lord Krishna could not eat, then he could not please his devotees by letting them serve him sweets and delectables!
But if he is divine brother, then he is not divine since he needs to eat.

I think you are projecting your religious beliefs onto theirs. I don't know much about Hinduism but I believe they are not hung up on there having to be one supreme god that is the only one that should be worshipped. That's one of the big hang ups of Abrahamic religions.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member

1. "na tasya pratima asti
      "There is no image of Him."
      [Yajurveda 32:3]5
    2. "shudhama poapvidham"
      "He is bodyless and pure."
      [Yajurveda 40:8]6
    3. "Andhatama pravishanti ye asambhuti mupaste"
      "They enter darkness, those who worship the natural elements" (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). "They sink deeper in darkness, those who worship sambhuti."
      [Yajurveda 40:9]7

Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.
    4. The Yajurveda contains the following prayer:
      "Lead us to the good path and remove the sin that makes us stray and wander."
      [Yajurveda 40:16]8 See brother
These verses refer to Brahman, the ultimate reality. He is the stars, planets, galaxies, universes and our inner controller. Our atma (soul) is a spark of him. What The Vedas and the Bhagavad Gita say have no contradiction. Lord Krishna manifested himself for his devotees, just like Rama. There would be zero Bhakti (love of God) if no one could see him. So he took a form. One of many.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
But if he is divine brother, then he is not divine since he needs to eat.

He does not need to eat. Lord Krishna has no material cravings. His body is pure consciousness, not flesh. The only thing Lord Krishna wants is for his devotees to be happy. :)

Jabar

These verses refer to Brahman, the ultimate reality. He is the stars, planets, galaxies, universes and our inner controller. Our atma (soul) is a spark of him. What The Vedas and the Bhagavad Gita say have no contradiction. Lord Krishna manifested himself for his devotees, just like Rama. There would be zero Bhakti (love of God) if no one could see him. So he took a form. One of many.
It never refers to Brahma, you are making it as though it is.

It says there is no image of him, and no idols.

Yet, people create it.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

How so? Yes, Hinduism and Gita does permit worship of God in any form one desires. Gita actually says, that all Gods, all nature, all phenomena are aspects of God/SupremeSelf/Brahman. He(IT) abides in them all.

6:29:- He who is disciplined by yoga sees the Self present in all Beings, And all Beings present in the Self. He sees this Sameness at all times.
6:30:- He who sees Me everywhere, and sees all things in Me; I am not lost to him, And he is not lost to Me.
6:31:- The yogin who, established in oneness, Honors Me as abiding in all beings, In whatever way he otherwise acts, Dwells in Me.

There is no statement on this universe on which all Hindus agree. I am aware of no Hindu who believes that these various Gods are essentially different from each other. Please find me one, as I would like to know what he thinks. :)

They undoubtedly do. But to know when a tampering is occuring, you have to have some basic idea of what the heck the non-tampered version is.

It informs my views a lot, but I am not a disciple.

Jabar

It says that those who worship natural elements, they sink to darkness.

Krishna is what?