• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are the major scientific errors in major religious scriptures?

Jabar

“Strive always to excel in virtue and truth.”
For those who do not know, Value of PI and Pythogoras theorem are mentioned in Indian mathematics much earlier. Sulbha sutras clearly mention them.

http://www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/history/Miscellaneous/Pearce/Lectures/Ch4_2.html

"Those whose intelligence has been stolen by material desires surrender unto demigods and follow the particular rules and regulations of worship according to their own natures."
[Bhagavad Gita 7:20]

The Gita states that people who are materialistic worship demigods i.e. ‘gods’ besides the True God.

Not only is this a contradiction but showing that the ''gods'' you worship are false.

:)

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Leviticus 13 explains how to determine who needs to be quarantined. Leviticus 14 explains how to tell if a leper has been cleansed (cured.) Leviticus 13:45 commands that lepers always identify themselves so people will avoid them.

A scholar named Dr. Elizabeth Krukowsky explained to me that modern day leprosy isn't contagious. She was a reformed Jew, she didn't buy into everything in the Torah.

Modern Orthodox claim that the leprosy spoken of in the Torah is not the same as the modern leprosy. A religion can always redefine words to make them always look correct.

Bottomline is that there are multiple diseases throughout history that may have been called leprosy. The one in the Torah doesn't seem to currently exist.

It would be a shame to believe that people were quarantined over a mistake.
I do not know who Dr. Elizabeth Krukowsky is or what her doctorate is in (I am suspecting it is not medicine). I am somewhat of a backdoor "expert" on Hansen's disease. My wife is a Public Health Nurse and the community that we live in (due the many Marshall Islanders who live here and their radiation induced immunodeficiencies) has a large number of Hansen's sufferers.

Here's what the Center for Disease Control has to say:

Hansen’s disease is caused by infection with bacteria.

Evidence suggests that the bacteria that cause Hansen’s disease can spread from person to person. This might happen when someone with the disease coughs or sneezes. This can release droplets into the air. It might also happen if you are exposed to other nasal fluids (also known as secretions). Droplets and other secretions can contain the bacteria that cause Hansen’s disease.

If you breathe these in, you can become sick with the disease.

In the U.S., leprosy is rare.

Around the world, as many as 2 million people are permanently disabled as a result of Hansen’s disease.

You may be at risk for the disease if you:

• live in a country where the disease is widespread. Such countries include:
      • Angola
      • Brazil
      • Central African Republic
      • Democratic Republic of Congo
      • Federated States of Micronesia
      • India
      • Kiribati
      • Madagascar
      • Mozambique
      • Nepal
      • Republic of Marshall Islands
      • United Republic of Tanzania
    • are in prolonged close contact with people who have untreated Hansen’s disease. If they have not been treated, you could be exposed to the bacteria that cause Hansen’s disease. As soon as patients start treatment, however, they are no longer able to spread the disease.
Most adults around the world, however, might face no risk at all. That’s because evidence shows that 95% of all adults are naturally unable to get the disease, even if they’re exposed to the bacteria that causes it.

Is this biblical leprosy? Has the disease changed? Do we now have a widespread resistance to it? Are our immune systems better today?

Major scientific errors in major religious scriptures? Genesis, the Flood, Exodus, Leviticus, the Book of Mormon, etc.

Jivaatma

Servants of Maha Vishnu
"Those whose intelligence has been stolen by material desires surrender unto demigods and follow the particular rules and regulations of worship according to their own natures."

The Gita states that people who are materialistic worship demigods i.e. ‘gods’ besides the True God.

Not only is this a contradiction but showing that the ''gods'' you worship are false.

Man, this is the best you got ?

In vaishnavism or in general, every thing in this universe from an atom to the galaxies is pervaded by Maha Vishnu as inner substratum, everything which has a form and name has inner controller as vishnu only. so you also have that vishnu inside you at this moment and so am I and so are all the mini gods like Indra, Agni, Rudra, Brahma, because of vishnu as their inner controller Brahma performs the acts of creation and rudra does the annihilation, but the mini gods think that it is their power, the people who do not realise these devas granting people wishes are because of vishnu inside them and hence they are called materialistic.

If other mini gods are granting wishes to people, why Krishna has to worry you may ask because these gods are placed in their position only for certain period of time based on their karma and after that whatever the result they gave to particular person is not eternal and washes away and hence he asks people to surrender to him as the fruits given by Krishna are eternal, he as the father always think that souls should enjoy eternal happiness instead of running after material benefits

Jabar

Man, this is the best you got ?

In vaishnavism or in general, every thing in this universe from an atom to the galaxies is pervaded by Maha Vishnu as inner substratum, everything which has a form and name has inner controller as vishnu only. so you also have that vishnu inside you at this moment and so am I and so are all the mini gods like Indra, Agni, Rudra, Brahma, because of vishnu as their inner controller Brahma performs the acts of creation and rudra does the annihilation, but the mini gods think that it is their power, the people who do not realise these devas granting people wishes are because of vishnu inside them and hence they are called materialistic.

If other mini gods are granting wishes to people, why Krishna has to worry you may ask because these gods are placed in their position only for certain period of time based on their karma and after that whatever the result they gave to particular person is not eternal and washes away and hence he asks people to surrender to him as the fruits given by Krishna are eternal, he as the father always think that souls should enjoy eternal happiness instead of running after material benefits
Then it is a contradiction.

It says anyone who has material benefits are lost basically.

If ''krishna'' says that, then that would mean krishna is fake or the teachings have been tampered or in fact krishna is lost and not truly a god.

Take this into consideration:

Arjun says to Krishna ,“The sun and moon are your eyes.” Bhagvad Gita: 11: 19

Clarify it for me please.

Jivaatma

Servants of Maha Vishnu
Then it is a contradiction.

It says anyone who has material benefits are lost basically.

If ''krishna'' says that, then that would mean krishna is fake or the teachings have been tampered.
I dont see the contradiction, even if a person is asking for material benefits, instead of approaching mini god, if he approaches Krishna whatever he gives, he makes sure that it is eternal and cleans some of his karmic bondage. They are not lost, they just need to approach the right person who is krishna himself

Jabar

I dont see the contradiction, even if a person is asking for material benefits, instead of approaching mini god, if he approaches Krishna whatever he gives, he makes sure that it is eternal and cleans some of his karmic bondage. They are not lost, they just need to approach the right person who is krishna himself
It is a clear contradiction, why are you denying it?

That is your thinking, the scripture says otherwise.

It EXPLICITLY says that.

Considering Krishna looks like a human is rather odd, you really call that God?

He eats like humans.

So, are Gods capable of dying? That is illogical, it is man-made.

God is nothing like humans.

:p

Jabar

I think this is self explanatory and direct. It should be understood as both the sun and the moon and all other luminous entities when you see, remember as them originating from me
Okay, i will give you that since i am generous.

But answer the last one.

Jivaatma

Servants of Maha Vishnu
It is a clear contradiction, why are you denying it?

That is your thinking, the scripture says otherwise.

It EXPLICITLY says that.

Considering Krishna looks like a human is rather odd, you really call that God?

He eats like humans.

So, are Gods capable of dying? That is illogical, it is man-made.

God is nothing like humans.

:p
would not you like eternal benefit or the benefit that washes away with time ?

Krishna clearly clarifies in 4th chapter that his body is not made of pancha bhootas(5 elements) but of pancha upanishats..Its not made of earth, fire, water, air and ether

He took His own Pancha Upanishanmaya Prakruthi, as His form. That is what He also declared in the 4th chapter..A Little sanskrit :) ....his body is of different 5 elements not from this nature

"prakruthim swa:m adhishtta:ya sambhava:mi". That is
also called "apra:krutha divya mangala vigraham".

Jabar

Can you put it more directly ?I think I have answered that already about mini gods

Do not give me an answer through your understanding but if this is misconception show me how but i doubt it because it explicitly says it.

Does not matter if other parts say otherwise, because this is obvious contradiction.

Jivaatma

Servants of Maha Vishnu

Do not give me an answer through your understanding but if this is misconception show me how but i doubt it because it explicitly says it.

Does not matter if other parts say otherwise, because this is obvious contradiction.

It says, people because of their karmic records, worship the mini gods to obtain temporary benefits. It does not mean mini gods are false but the benefits that they bestow upon the person are temporary.

I prefer you read Scholar Ramanuja commentary if you ever want to read or understand Gita...It is about metaphysics that we do not know, it talks about eternality of atma, paramaatma and nature...Its not like other religion scriptures which talk in materialistic realm

Jabar

It says, people because of their karmic records, worship the mini gods to obtain temporary benefits. It does not mean mini gods are false but the benefits that they bestow upon the person are temporary.
It never says anything about karmic records.

You are twisting your own scripture. It never says anything about it being temporary.

The answers i give talk about the real meaning behind the scripture whilst you give your own explanation by your man-made blinded faith.

May i ask, what other scriptures do you follow?

Jivaatma

Servants of Maha Vishnu
It never says anything about karmic records.

You are twisting your own scripture. It never says anything about it being temporary.

The answers i give talk about the real meaning behind the scripture whilst you give your own explanation by your man-made blinded faith.
read authentic commentaries by scholars like Ramanuja or Madhvaacharya

Jivaatma

Servants of Maha Vishnu
So, the scholars are authentic now?

What about what the scripture actually says.

I think you understood that both the doubts you put through have been thoroughly answered...BG has commentaries written by various scholars who are versed in vedas. Hence they are considered as authentic....Many people too can write commentaries just by knowing sanskrit, they are not authentic as they do not know vedam and whose essence is BG...
time to sleep
Hare Krishna------

Jabar

I think you understood that both the doubts you put through have been thoroughly answered...BG has commentaries written by various scholars who are versed in vedas. Hence they are considered as authentic....Many people too can write commentaries just by knowing sanskrit, they are not authentic as they do not know vedam and whose essence is BG...
time to sleep
Hare Krishna------
HAHAHAHA, brother i have seen there videos they know nothing man.

If you do not have an answer, then i just showed you a contradiction. Not an answer like ooh it was referring to something else when it explicitly was not.

Brother, i am still challenging you to pick one error in the Qur'an.

I am rather having fun, hehe.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

It would be great if you do not quote mine the Gita.

7:20:- Men whose knowledge has been carried away by these and those desires, resort to other Gods, Having recourse to this and that religious rite, Constrained by their own natures.
7:21:- Whoever desires to honor with belief whatever worshiped form, on him I bestow Immovable faith.,
7:22:- He, who, endowed with this faith, desires to worship that form, receives from it his desires because their fulfillment is decreed by Me.
7:23:- But temporary is their fruit for those of little understanding. To the Gods, the Godworshipers go; My worshipers come surely to Me.

What exactly is contradictory here?

Jabar

It would be great if you do not quote mine the Gita.

7:20:- Men whose knowledge has been carried away by these and those desires, resort to other Gods, Having recourse to this and that religious rite, Constrained by their own natures.
7:21:- Whoever desires to honor with belief whatever worshiped form, on him I bestow Immovable faith.,
7:22:- He, who, endowed with this faith, desires to worship that form, receives from it his desires because their fulfillment is decreed by Me.
7:23:- But temporary is their fruit for those of little understanding. To the Gods, the Godworshipers go; My worshipers come surely to Me.

What exactly is contradictory here?
The demigods Hindu's worship is not in accordance with the belief in scriptures.

Other parts of scriptures contain demigods.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The demigods Hindu's worship is not in accordance with the belief in scriptures.

Other parts of scriptures contain demigods.

Could you explain what you are saying? Hindus believe that all deities that they worship are aspects of one God. One Supreme God (or Brahman) assumes various forms in order to establish greater resonance with the predispositions of various people. Hinduism is about one transcendent manifested in various forms.