• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are the Central Positive Messages you Learned from the Quran?

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I learned many things from the Qur'an but what I cherish the most is my understanding of positive pessimism. Regardless of your theism or lack there of the Qur'an makes Allah to be anything but supernatural. The deeds of Allah like creating the mountain(Surah ar-Ra'd 3) amongst other things gives Allah a very pantheistic quality as every alleged miracle of Allah is essentially just scientifically understood events. Along with the panentheistic qualities Allah has such as knowing the minds of mankind give him even greater qualities which extend beyond pantheism.
When I was a Muslim I felt doomed thinking of the deaths of others and their possible fates but I began to make light of all things and learned to appreciate things regardless of any negativity. I began to form meaning out of any supposed disaster for myself and others.

This is something which goes beyond Theism or Atheism and establishes a pessimism which does not hinder the self.

mahasn ebn sawresho

I learned many things from the Qur'an but what I cherish the most is my understanding of positive pessimism. Regardless of your theism or lack there of the Qur'an makes Allah to be anything but supernatural. The deeds of Allah like creating the mountain(Surah ar-Ra'd 3) amongst other things gives Allah a very pantheistic quality as every alleged miracle of Allah is essentially just scientifically understood events. Along with the panentheistic qualities Allah has such as knowing the minds of mankind give him even greater qualities which extend beyond pantheism.
When I was a Muslim I felt doomed thinking of the deaths of others and their possible fates but I began to make light of all things and learned to appreciate things regardless of any negativity. I began to form meaning out of any supposed disaster for myself and others.

This is something which goes beyond Theism or Atheism and establishes a pessimism which does not hinder the self.
=======
If you know the Koran ---
Do you know the difference between Satan and jinn ----
Did you know that the jinn in the Koran special place ----
Do you have a relationship with the jinn, Satan ----

mahasn ebn sawresho

Can you explain to us the meaning ---the litters in the surar al-qouran
Is it a magical charms -
What do you mean these letters ----
What's the point of them ----

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
=======
If you know the Koran ---
Do you know the difference between Satan and jinn ----
Shaytaan is just a collective word for the evil jinn while jinn are just a plurality of spirits.

Did you know that the jinn in the Koran special place ----

What?

Do you have a relationship with the jinn, Satan ----

I have a strong relationship with Satan and jinn yes. I know Myself very well and my Attributes

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Is it a magical charms -

Last that I recall nobody understood the fawa'tih that kick off the 29 surahs in the Qur'an. Many people have claimed to know what they mean but who knows. Edip Yuksel is one of those people although he is a Qur'anist

Draupadi

to --Draupadi wrot --
<There is a verse in the Quran that asks men who are disappointed with their wives not to despair>
please you must read the verse that say beating the wife ---
pleas read your qouran good ---
the womn is loss mind--
and two witness for woman equail one man --
please read your book

That is the wrong translation. Those punishments are applicable when a wife wants to desert the husband. But the third degree of punishment is wrongly translated as 'beating'. Instead it should be LEAVING, or complying to the wife's will of separation. As for women deficient in intelligence, it is from the Ahadith and I am a Quranist. In the Quran no such thing is mentioned. As for the witness thing, read this- Are Two Women Equal to One Man? | www.free-minds.org.

Please, write your stuff clearly and don't bring up bits and pieces from here and there and establish your points. The verses of the Quran are written in random. The verses on a particular topic are spread throughout the Quran in several chapters and they don't always come consecutively. That will help you to understand it better.

Draupadi

Draupadi wrote
<Yes there are some verses in the Quran that says bad things about the women. But the OP asked the good stuff because he had already opened one about the negative verses in the Quran. That's why I answered. I don't see anything wrong in admitting the good stuff if it is there.

And as for beating the wives please see this->

No my leady
Koran the word of God as you say ---
there must not permitted to be a bad thingWife-beating
Is a state independent from the Koran ---
Why God commands the wife beating -
Are men better than??/
Ask you a question which you and some embarrassment to every lady in this forum ---
Enjoy your husband in Paradise Bhoriat many ---
What are you doing in paradise ---?
Do you know your spouse's rights in paradise ---
Nymphs and collapsed vintage everlasting youth and young men ---
Is Schrbin wine in paradise with your spouse
Or with nymphs&#1567;

As for the spouse thing, the ever youth boys are servants. Although the Ahadith says that the houris are only meant for the men, but the Quran ACTUALLY says that they are gender neutral. The word 'hoor' is the plural form of male 'ahwar' and female 'hawra' (or maybe vice-versa). There are verses in the Quran that says they are untouched, but some translators translate them as female virgins. I did check an Arabic dictionary which said that the meaning of 'yathmithunna' is untouched, but the author added that for the Quran it meant a virgin woman! Why does exception in translation is applicable only to the Quran? As for the word 'kawaib', which is usually translated as large bosomed, it actually means splendid companions.

You may ask then why are men permitted polygamy in this lifetime? That is ONLY allowed to look after the orphans as men are considered the source of income in the family (please read the verse again to see the context). Women can be that too, but whether she contributes her money to the family is upto her.

Last edited:

Farrukh

well! we learn many things from Quran and sayings of Prophet(may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) everyday when we study it.
just an example, it is last verse from chapter 107
&#1608;&#1614;&#1610;&#1614;&#1605;&#1618;&#1606;&#1614;&#1593;&#1615;&#1608;&#1606;&#1614; &#1575;&#1604;&#1618;&#1605;&#1614;&#1575;&#1593;&#1615;&#1608;&#1606;&#1614;
"And withhold [simple] assistance."
I was very reluctant in sharing my belongings, I'm living in a shared house. but this verse shocked me, and I changed my mind.

Last edited:

Farrukh

another beautiful verse
And does not encourage the feeding of the poor. Quran 107:3
This verse is not only asking us to feed poor but we should encourage others for feeding poor.

Farrukh

there are three sins mentioned in verse 68 of chapter 25 of noble Quran.
1. who believes in polytheism
2. who commits murder
3. who commits unlawful sexual intercourse

if anyone will commit any of these three sins, verse 69 of chapter 25 says that his punishment will be doubled in hell fire.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Is it a magical charms -

Peace be on all.
Following are important points about ‘Huruf e Muqatte’at’ i.e. the letters at the beginning of some chapters of Holy Quran. These points are based on explanation by Second Ahmadiyya Khalifah (r.a.)’s Tafseer e Kabir Volume 1 (alislam.org).

1- These letters are spoken separately, therefore they are called ‘muqatte’at’.

2- They are mentioned 1 to 5 in numbers before the chapters of Holy Quran.

3- They represent those attribute(s) of Allah the Exalted, which are latter described in a certain chapter / surah.

4- When these letters change, the subject matter of chapters changes.

5- i-- If a chapter starts with certain letters, and next chapters do not start with any, it means letter-less chapters are about existing subject matter of chapter with letter.

ii-- If letters are same in some chapters, it means these chapters are stringed together subject-wise.

Therefore, from chapter 2 (al-Baqarah) to chapter 9 (al-Taubah) there is same subject and these chapters belong to to ‘alif-laam-meem’ i.e. ‘annallaho alamo’ (I am Allah, the All-Knowing).

Chapter 2 (al-Baqarah) starts with ‘alif-laam-meem’.

Chapter 3 (al-Imran) starts with ‘alif-laam-meem’ too.

Chapter 4 (al-Nisa), Chapter 5 (al-Ma’idah), Chapter 6 (al-An’am) have no letters / muqatte’at. Thus they are under the previous chapters which start with ‘alif-laam-meem’.

Chapter 7 (A’raf) starts with ‘alif-laam-meem-suad’ . One letter is added, it represent ‘Sadiq’.

Chapter 8 (Anfal) and chapter 9 (al-Taubah or Bra’ah) have no letters / muqatte’at.

Therefore, the subject related to ‘alif-laam-meem’ start at chapter 2 (al-Baqarah) and continues till chapter 9 (al-Taubah or Bra’ah).

Chapter 7 (A’raf) has additional ‘suad’ which represents approval or testimony. Chapter 7 (A’raf) mention success of Holy Prophet (peace and blessing of Allah be on him) and progress of Islam in principle and Chapter 8 (Anfal) and chapter 9 (al-Taubah or Bra’ah) mention it in detail.

Chapter 10 (Yunus) starts with ‘alif-laam-raa’. Here subject is changed. The difference: From ch 2 (al-Baqarah) to ch 9 (al-Taubah) discussion is from the point of view of knowledge but from Chapter 10 (Yunus) to Chapter 18 (al-Kahf) discussion is with respect to events and their results. That is why it is said:

‘alif-laam-raa’ i.e. ‘annallaho araa’ (I am Allah Who Sees everything). It means: I am Allah Who has all history in view and I bring this Word for you. So previous chapters with ‘alif-laam-meem’ are under the divine attribute ‘All-Knowing’ and latter chapters are under the divine attribute ‘All-Viewing’.

6—The chapters which start with muqatte’at, their subject starts with mention of divine revelation. In many clear mention of Book or Quran is present.

7-- The muqatte’at also throw light on history and era as prediction.

8-- This muqatte’at approach is NOT NEW FOR ARABS. This method was present in Arabs. Their great poets used this method. For example:

An Arab poet said:
‘bil khairey khiratun wa in sharra faa (I will do virtue for virtue but if you desire to do evil, I am ready for that too)

wa la oreedush sharra illa an taa’ (I have no wish for evil unless you want it)
In this couplet, faa is used for word ‘fa’sharun’ and taa is used for word ‘tashao’.

Modern day use of muqatte’at: The educational degrees are example of it, e.g, B.A. , M.A., M.D. etc
People use it and get benefit.

mahasn ebn sawresho

Shaytaan is just a collective word for the evil jinn while jinn are just a plurality of spirits.

What?

I have a strong relationship with Satan and jinn yes. I know Myself very well and my Attributes
--
thank you satana ---you have strong realition with jinn--
do explaian to me surat al -jinn --
your uncil al-jinn write it in qoran ---
surat al -jin the son uncl al satan ---
thank you ---
the letters in begning the surres qouran --
it is not security - letters --
there is an important messag in it ---
messag say --christ is god son --
that is fact -because bthis reason satana not want any one knew that --
--

mahasn ebn sawresho

What?

your ancl al jinn have one beatufl suar in qoran do you know that --
it calld surat al jin ---
oh ---
i am gorget ---why you say to mohammad ---
that &#1578;&#1604;&#1603; &#1575;&#1604;&#1594;&#1585;&#1575;&#1606;&#1610;&#1602; &#1575;&#1604;&#1593;&#1604;&#1609; &#1608;&#1575;&#1606; &#1588;&#1601;&#1575;&#1593;&#1578;&#1607;&#1606; &#1604;&#1578;&#1585;&#1578;&#1580;&#1609;
any satan do that ---
you big man satana ---
but i think many idea ---
mybe you have realition with man who wrote the qoura---

he respect your uncil al jinn----
in surat al jinn

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I find the nature of the posts on this thread to be interesting. With a few exceptions, the posters choose to ignore the OP and instead respond by embarking on academic interpretations of the scripture. hmmmm....

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
--

do explaian to me surat al -jinn --

the letters in begning the surres qouran --
it is not security - letters --
there is an important messag in it ---
messag say --christ is god son --

that is fact -because bthis reason satana not want any one knew that --
--

Peace be on all.
Holy Quran fully rejects the idea of sonship of Allah.

Jinn means hidden. These Jinn were a party of Unitarian Christians (or Jews of Nasibin, they were non Arabs and strangers).

It is more than surprising that a person who understands Arabic does not know such things. Anyway:

tafseer

https://www.alislam.org/quran/tafseer/?page=2695&region=E1

tafseer

https://www.alislam.org/quran/tafseer/?page=2696&region=E1

tafseer

https://www.alislam.org/quran/tafseer/?page=2697&region=E1

Last edited:

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
DawudTalut,

What positive values have you learned from the Quran... in your own words?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In my reading of the world religion scriptures, those can be found directly or indirectly. They're directly stated in the Bible's New Testament for example. Since this is mostly a thread about Islam, I find that same idea indirectly in the most used names of God in the Quran:
A compassionate, beneficent, gracious and merciful God wants creation to mirror his attributes.
I think what Icehouse's question is getting at is where in the Quraan does it teach spiritual principles, such as you say you see in other world religions scriptures directly. Where directly is it taught in the Quraan, not just implied? I had been thinking to ask this question myself recently to see where the spiritual path was taught in the Quraan and what verses were those that Muslims utilized in that path, and then I came across this thread. In reading through many of the pages of this thread, the verses that are quoting seem to be able to be summarized in effect as following, 'Be faithful and obey Allah and you will be rewarded , don't follow and you will be cursed'.

That's not exactly spiritual guidance per se, but rather a call to conform to the rules of a religion. It's exoteric in nature (something existing outside yourself you comply and interact with), not esoteric (something welling up from within; a path of the inner soul). I'm hoping to hear where the inner path is mentioned, the esoteric path that those such as the Sufis draw from that ignite a flame of love within themselves? Messages of obedience and punishments to disbelief aren't exactly that. Those are all calls to group conformity, from what I gather. What verses explicitly speak of the inner man, inner light, etc? Those would seem to me to be the verses to transform the individual heart to become love in the world, from which all our moral choices arise.

Last edited:

Sabour

I think what Icehouse's question is getting at is where in the Quraan does it teach spiritual principles, such as you say you see in other world religions scriptures directly. Where directly is it taught in the Quraan, not just implied? I had been thinking to ask this question myself recently to see where the spiritual path was taught in the Quraan and what verses were those that Muslims utilized in that path, and then I came across this thread. In reading through many of the pages of this thread, the verses that are quoting seem to be able to be summarized in effect as following, 'Be faithful and obey Allah and you will be rewarded , don't follow and you will be cursed'.

That's not exactly spiritual guidance per se, but rather a call to conform to the rules of a religion. It's exoteric in nature (something existing outside yourself you comply and interact with), not esoteric (something welling up from within; a path of the inner soul). I'm hoping to hear where the inner path is mentioned, the esoteric path that those such as the Sufis draw from that ignite a flame of love within themselves? Messages of obedience and punishments to disbelief aren't exactly that. Those are all calls to group conformity, from what I gather. What verses explicitly speak of the inner man, inner light, etc? Those would seem to me to be the verses to transform the individual heart to become love in the world, from which all our moral choices arise.

I don't agree of what you think Icehorse is asking. I think he is asking like how did the Quraan make you a better person in the society.

Your question is different.

There is more in Islam and in the Quraan than do this and do that.

For example, this is a hadith

While we were one day sitting with the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, there appeared before us a man dressed in extremely white clothes and with very black hair. No traces of journeying were visible on him, and none of us knew him.
He sat down close by the Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, rested his knee against his thighs, and said, O Muhammad! Inform me about Islam." Said the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, "Islam is that you should testify that there is no deity save Allah and that Muhammad is His Messenger, that you should perform salah (ritual prayer), pay the zakah, fast during Ramadan, and perform Hajj (pilgrimage) to the House (the Ka'bah at Makkah), if you can find a way to it (or find the means for making the journey to it)." Said he (the man), "You have spoken truly."
We were astonished at his thus questioning him and telling him that he was right, but he went on to say, "Inform me about iman (faith)." He (the Messenger of Allah) answered, "It is that you believe in Allah and His angels and His Books and His Messengers and in the Last Day, and in fate (qadar), both in its good and in its evil aspects." He said, "You have spoken truly."
Then he (the man) said, "Inform me about Ihsan." He (the Messenger of Allah) answered, " It is that you should serve Allah as though you could see Him, for though you cannot see Him yet He sees you." He said, "Inform me about the Hour." He (the Messenger of Allah) said, "About that the one questioned knows no more than the questioner." So he said, "Well, inform me about the signs thereof (i.e. of its coming)." Said he, "They are that the slave-girl will give birth to her mistress, that you will see the barefooted ones, the naked, the destitute, the herdsmen of the sheep (competing with each other) in raising lofty buildings." Thereupon the man went off.
I waited a while, and then he (the Messenger of Allah) said, "O 'Umar, do you know who that questioner was?" I replied, "Allah and His Messenger know better." He said, "That was Jibril. He came to teach you your religion.

Ihsan is a high position a muslim can attend. Islam is not just do Salat, pay Zakat, fast and go to pilgrimage.

Draupadi

@Windwalker, the OP had asked about POSITIVE CENTRAL MESSAGES, that INCLUDES spiritual ones. The worshipping rituals of the Quran, especially the prayers is spiritual. God didn't say anything directly about it because once you follow the Quranic orders you will experience it. Frankly speaking I only find peace in reciting the Quran. Most people do that and more from saying their prayers. I also long to pay the alms and see how it feels. Our experiences are different. If God was to explain all our experiences then the Quran would indeed be a really long book. And is it really necessary to do that?