• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are the benefits of the trinity?

Scott1

Ronald,

Really, I've had this one thrown at me for a sundry of things, but never as a benefit of trinity.
Romans 14:
http://www.religiousforums.com/bible/index.php?keyword=4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

I would hope that you come to know the truth of the Trinity, but I will not judge you or you salvation.....

Peace be with you

Scott1

HelpMe,

here's a teaser in case you want more.
"The Catholic Encyclopedia says, "Christmas
Show me......... quote me the page#......... or give me a website link......

Thanks,
Scott

true blood

Scott, maybe you can answer this. How come the modern doctrine of the Trinity is not found in any document or relic belonging to the Church of the first three centuries?

Ronald

SOGFPP said:
Ronald,

Romans 14:
http://www.religiousforums.com/bible/index.php?keyword=4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

I would hope that you come to know the truth of the Trinity, but I will not judge you or you salvation.....

Peace be with you

Thank you very much for the good wishes. I wish you well also and that the Holy One Blessed is He, brings you to the the whole truth.
Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem.
Shalom

HelpMe

·´sociopathic meanderer`·

Thanks,
Scott
here

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/03724b.htm

don't you know what you're talking about?i mean this is YOUR faith.

by calling non-trinitarians believers in a lie, and judging what you hold as the undeniable impossible-to-be-wrong belief as 'truth', then you are already judging.
Read Romans 14........... apply that concept to the Trinity, and you have my take on the subject.
Ro14 is most applicable to...universal salvation, i like it.
So, HelpMe, in your humble opinion....is Yeshua God?
christy, first, thank you much for asking, so much.

god or elohim is literally defined as 'mighty one(s)', el/eloah/ect. are singular forms.this word is scripturally applied to men,angels,leaders of the church, people acting in yhwh's behalf,ect., and yhwh himself.

yeshua is a mighty one, mightier than any man, and now any 'angel'.he is/was perfect, he paid for my sins.as far as i can dicern from scripture, he is/was never ALmighty, and he was created.

--S

HelpMe

·´sociopathic meanderer`·
SOGFPP said:
HelpMe,

Thanks,
Scott
i suppose it's hard to find christmas in the cath. encycl., well especially to someone with so many catchisms or w/e those funny little things are.
HelpMe said:

Are you able to find things in your own relgion's encyclopedia(sp)?and you thought you were talking with someone who knew what they were talking about?pshah hah

i've got 96 posts.

--S

Scott1

HelpMe,

i suppose it's hard to find christmas in the cath. encycl., well especially to someone with so many catchisms or w/e those funny little things are.
The Catholic encylopedia is not an official Church document.... that being said, why would you try to make fun of me for TRYING to learn about what you posted? Some of us on this forum are not so arrogant that they think they know it all....... some of us are here to learn......

Are you able to find things in your own relgion's encyclopedia(sp)?and you thought you were talking with someone who knew what they were talking about?pshah hah
Is this really the kind of behavior you would like others on this forum to see? Hardly a good example........ oh well, I guess the best thing you can do for the Catholic faith is to just continue to be yourself........ keep up the good work!

All with Peter to Jesus through Mary!
Scott

true blood

How come the modern doctrine of the Trinity is not found in any document or relic belonging to the Church of the first three centuries? Are not the Apologies, in fact, compromises between Christianity and paganism? And because of the impact the Apologies had, the concepts of the triune God, plus Mary as the mother of God and pagan symbolism took root and began growing in discussion and writing?

jaybird

i know this is an old thread but wanted to revive it as i think its an important concept. there are trinitarians that teach you cant be a follower of Jesus, cant receive salvation, Jesus was sent to teach the trinity and all the rest. and yet after all that they never explain why its important to accept this man made doctrine.
look at all the teachings of Jesus, show me one of them that changes if i accept or dont accept the trinity.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
i know this is an old thread but wanted to revive it as i think its an important concept. there are trinitarians that teach you cant be a follower of Jesus, cant receive salvation, Jesus was sent to teach the trinity and all the rest. and yet after all that they never explain why its important to accept this man made doctrine.
look at all the teachings of Jesus, show me one of them that changes if i accept or dont accept the trinity.

How could Jesus teach trinity when Jesus said at John 10:36 B that he is the Son of God?
How could Jesus be teaching trinity when Jesus said his Father is greater than all at John 10:29 ?
How could Jesus be teaching trinity when Jesus said his Father is greater than Jesus at John 14:28 ?

The resurrected heavenly Jesus gave gospel writer John the Revelation 1:1.
Revelation 3:14; 1:5 says Jesus is the beginning of the creation by God - Colossians 1:15
Only God was before the beginning - Psalms 90:2, so Jesus was Not before the beginning as God was before the beginning.

Also, isn't God's spirit neuter ( it ) ? ______ - Numbers 11:17; Numbers 11:25

firedragon

Veteran Member
I keep asking this question on different forums, but have yet to get an answer.
The only benefit I have seen is to be accepted by those who believe in trinity.
In other words you are not a true Christian if you are not trinitarian.
It's not a salvation issue. So what do you attain from being a trinitarian?

Never have I seen this question. Amazing. Benefits, Im sorry I just saw this thread and am in awe with the subject.

Ronald. Cheers.

Agondonter

Understanding.

rusra02

Premium Member
I think you lose by being a Trinitarian. You lose the accurate knowledge of God and Jesus Christ, and their relationship to one another. God becomes an unexplainable mystery, to whom one cannot draw near. IMO, belief in the trinity turns one away from the worship of the only true God, Jehovah, and thus away from the Source of everlasting life. (John 17:3)

Agondonter

I think you lose by being a Trinitarian. You lose the accurate knowledge of God and Jesus Christ, and their relationship to one another. God becomes an unexplainable mystery, to whom one cannot draw near. IMO, belief in the trinity turns one away from the worship of the only true God, Jehovah, and thus away from the Source of everlasting life. (John 17:3)
For me, I find just the opposite to be true. (I'll try to explain when I have more time.)

Agondonter

I do not seek to understand so that I can believe,
but I believe so that I may understand;
and what is more,
I believe that unless I do believe,
I shall not understand.
  • Anselm of Canterbury
What follows is unorthodox and subject to criticism. It reflects not “truth” (truth is beyond conceptualization), but my conceptual understanding of what must be in order for things to be the way they are.

To assign causes as an explanation of physical phenomena is to confess ignorance of ultimates. Ultimate universe reality cannot be grasped by science, mathematics, logic, or philosophy. It comes as no surprise, then, that secularists almost always ask “what do you mean by Ultimate Reality?” or say “I don't know” as if that could be a source of wisdom.

Ultimate Reality is both simple and complex. It is complex when we try to understand it, and simple when we allow ourselves to experience it. Only when we cease to seek cognitive knowledge, that is, cease to seek understanding of a thing, we can gain conative knowledge of it. According to Wikipedia, “Conation is a term that stems from the Latin conatus, meaning any natural tendency, impulse, striving, or directed effort. Conative is one of three parts of the mind, along with the affective and cognitive. In short, the cognitive part of the brain has to do with intelligence, the affective deals with emotions and the conative drives how one acts on those thoughts and feelings.” Other sources refer to conative knowledge as “experiential knowledge,” but it hardly a passive kind of knowing. One might even call it "faith."

Unity is the Absolute and arises out of the Absolute: the I AM. From Unity there appears cosmic Duality: dynamic causation (Spirit-nature) and the static-reactive (physics). From such Duality, Mind springs forth into existence, and this Trinity—Father, Son and Spirit (to use the common religious vernacular)—is the primal source of all reality.

Last edited:

kerndog

Greek Philosophical, 3 headed monster ! In other words, ......nothing !

jaybird

i agree with you. all the miracles of Jesus, were not miracles if He was the Almighty. the relationship He had with His Father and wanted everyone else to have we cant because only the 3 beings in the trinity family have that. we cant follow and be like Jesus as the only ones that can are those in the trinity family.

Palehorse

I believe in the I I I archangels.

Three-Archangels-Collage.jpg

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
What are the benefits of the trinity?

There are no benefits, repeat no benefits, and repeat no benefits of the Trinity. Moses and Jesus never believed in it, gave no arguments reason for it, never uttered the word "Trinity" as a creed of their faith. Trinity has no basis in the Torah or in the NT Gospels. Right?
Regards