• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are the benefits of the trinity?

Agondonter

There are no benefits, repeat no benefits, and repeat no benefits of the Trinity. Moses and Jesus never believed in it, gave no arguments reason for it, never uttered the word "Trinity" as a creed of their faith. Trinity has no basis in the Torah or in the NT Gospels. Right?
Regards
So? It benefits me.

serp777

Are you some kind of psychic able to get inside my head or just being obnoxious? See post #53 and 56.

It has nothing to do with being psychic and getting in your head. If you were born believing in the hindu deities it would help you just as much as the 3 magic ghosts who are just one ghost. Why would the number of magic ghosts help you more or less than say, two magic ghosts, or one magic ghost? What helps you is the belief, and not the details of that belief. Its a non sequitor to say that three magic ghosts helps you more than two magic ghosts or 4 magic ghosts. So no, the trinity doesn't help you. You could easily be talking about the holy square or the holy binary ghosts.

Agondonter

It has nothing to do with being psychic and getting in your head. If you were born believing in the hindu deities it would help you just as much as the 3 magic ghosts who are just one ghost. Why would the number of magic ghosts help you more or less than say, two magic ghosts, or one magic ghost? What helps you is the belief, and not the details of that belief. Its a non sequitor to say that three magic ghosts helps you more than two magic ghosts or 4 magic ghosts. So no, the trinity doesn't help you. You could easily be talking about the holy square or the holy binary ghosts.
Ah. So it's the latter.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
@ Ronald

There are no benefits, repeat no benefits, and repeat no benefits of the Trinity. Moses and Jesus never believed in it, gave no arguments reason for it, never uttered the word "Trinity" as a creed of their faith. Trinity has no basis in the Torah or in the NT Gospels. Right?
Regards
Please
Regards

look3467

Premium Member
I keep asking this question on different forums, but have yet to get an answer.
The only benefit I have seen is to be accepted by those who believe in trinity.
In other words you are not a true Christian if you are not trinitarian.
It's not a salvation issue. So what do you attain from being a trinitarian?

My take on this subject, Ronald
God has 3 administrative functions in his creation.
1. The Fathers administration as Creator = all there is including mankind and it's lost estate.
2. The Fathers will in the Son'r administration = to redeem that which was lost in the firsts creative process.
3. The Fathers Spirit, as the Son Spirit and as the Holy Spirit, is the Father's promised comforter to all of His redeemed souls.

1. The Fathers administration as Creator.
The creation of "as one of us" meant for the souls to be independent entities gods , as "one of us".
The resultant consequence, for the created souls, meant a separation from God. Termed....death of the soul.
There were no other options.
The Fathers plan then was to redeem His own creation in the form of a created being (Jesus being same stock as Adam) and bring salvation to His creative souls via the Fathers Spirit indwelling in Jesus.
That way humanity, in the flesh, would find a redemptive avenue of the salvation of its own soul.

2. The Fathers will in the Son'r administration.
Jesus was here to do the Father's will. The express image of the Father's desire.
The Father's delight in sacrificing one soul verses the whole of humanities souls. (One for all)
Jesus usurer-ed in a "new creation". Not again a creation of flesh, but by His own resurrection, but a new spirit in which and by which mankind could be redeemed.
Therefore, Jesus the second person of the Father's administration was fully invested with the Father's power of attorney, if you will, to have the authority to perform the redemption task.
That makes Jesus God in the flesh.

3. The Fathers Spirit, as the Son Spirit and as the Holy Spirit, is as one Spirit, the Father's Holy Spirit ; the promised comforter to all of His redeemed souls.
Jesus becomes the Father in Heaven while His Spirit, as the Fathers, comes to us via the spirit indwelling, renewing our dead spirits to new life again.
The comforter will be with all of us for the duration of the existence of humanity.

All that can be extrapolated piecing together the puzzle laid out in the bible.

Hope this helps.

Blessings, AJ

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
My take on this subject, Ronald
God has 3 administrative functions in his creation.
1. The Fathers administration as Creator = all there is including mankind and it's lost estate.
2. The Fathers will in the Son'r administration = to redeem that which was lost in the firsts creative process.
3. The Fathers Spirit, as the Son Spirit and as the Holy Spirit, is the Father's promised comforter to all of His redeemed souls.

1. The Fathers administration as Creator.
The creation of "as one of us" meant for the souls to be independent entities gods , as "one of us".
The resultant consequence, for the created souls, meant a separation from God. Termed....death of the soul.
There were no other options.
The Fathers plan then was to redeem His own creation in the form of a created being (Jesus being same stock as Adam) and bring salvation to His creative souls via the Fathers Spirit indwelling in Jesus.
That way humanity, in the flesh, would find a redemptive avenue of the salvation of its own soul.

2. The Fathers will in the Son'r administration.
Jesus was here to do the Father's will. The express image of the Father's desire.
The Father's delight in sacrificing one soul verses the whole of humanities souls. (One for all)
Jesus usurer-ed in a "new creation". Not again a creation of flesh, but by His own resurrection, but a new spirit in which and by which mankind could be redeemed.
Therefore, Jesus the second person of the Father's administration was fully invested with the Father's power of attorney, if you will, to have the authority to perform the redemption task.
That makes Jesus God in the flesh.

3. The Fathers Spirit, as the Son Spirit and as the Holy Spirit, is as one Spirit, the Father's Holy Spirit ; the promised comforter to all of His redeemed souls.
Jesus becomes the Father in Heaven while His Spirit, as the Fathers, comes to us via the spirit indwelling, renewing our dead spirits to new life again.
The comforter will be with all of us for the duration of the existence of humanity.

All that can be extrapolated piecing together the puzzle laid out in the bible.

Hope this helps.

Blessings, AJ
(coloured in magenta is referred)
It is a wrong concept, and no benefit accrues from it.
G-d is the Creator of inanimate as well as animate things and anything between. Not only the above concept is totally wrong in case of human beings, it is absolutely irrelevant to the inanimate.
It only shows confusion of the Christian Church.
Regards

look3467

Premium Member
G-d is the Creator of inanimate as well as animate things and anything between. Not only the above concept is totally wrong in case of human beings, it is absolutely irrelevant to the inanimate.
Regards

Do you agree that mankind became lost?
Kicked out of the garden?

Do you believe that you can attain eternal life based on your own merits?
If so, then Jesus was well....just a prophet and not a savior.

Why supposed Jesus uttered the following words addressed to the Jewish leaders of that day "Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

What impact did it have on the Jewish leaders?

If you can answer that, you will see clearly what I have written in my previous post.

Blessings, AJ

jaybird

Why supposed Jesus uttered the following words addressed to the Jewish leaders of that day "Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

If you can answer that, you will see clearly what I have written in my previous post.

Blessings, AJ

IMO we can have eternal life if we follow what Jesus taught. not what the church tells us He taught

John 14 16
to me this means no one can know the Father (like Jesus) unless they follow Jesus and do as He did.

im sure it had a big impact on the Jewish leaders, they were completely corrupt and in the words of John the baptist, "a den of vipers" . they did not represent the whole of the Jewish people, only a small group.many of the Jews saw them for what they were, just like Jesus and His disciples.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I keep asking this question on different forums, but have yet to get an answer.
The only benefit I have seen is to be accepted by those who believe in trinity.
In other words you are not a true Christian if you are not trinitarian.
It's not a salvation issue. So what do you attain from being a trinitarian?

I believe The Father gives us continuity with the past.

I believe the Son give us "God with us."

I believe the Paraclete gives us "God i us."

Muffled

Jesus in me
Regards

I believe I already know your opinion on that but you have never given any proof that anything you said was true and I doubt you will.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Do you agree that mankind became lost?
Kicked out of the garden?
Blessings, AJ
It just means that Jesus was a messenger/prophet of G-d like Adam and Noah and the family of Abraham and the family of "Imran" and last of them Muhammad the last of them in status, one body could reach G-d without accepting their message from G-d:

[3:32]Say, ‘If you love Allah, follow me:then will Allah love you and forgive you your faults. And Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful.’
[3:33]Say, ‘Obey Allah and the Messenger;’ but if they turn away, then remember that Allah loves not the disbelievers.
[3:34]Allah did choose Adam and Noah and the family of Abraham and the family of ‘Imran above all peoples —
[3:35]A race, co-related with one another. And Allah is All-Hearing, All-Knowing.
http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=3&verse=31

It has got nothing to do with Trinity. Right? Please
Regards

Muffled

Jesus in me
i know this is an old thread but wanted to revive it as i think its an important concept. there are trinitarians that teach you cant be a follower of Jesus, cant receive salvation, Jesus was sent to teach the trinity and all the rest. and yet after all that they never explain why its important to accept this man made doctrine.
look at all the teachings of Jesus, show me one of them that changes if i accept or dont accept the trinity.

I believe it is important because God does not like people to deny Him The person who denies God in the Son and in the Paraclete is denying God. This denial is akin to Blasphemy where a person says something about God that isn't true. He doesn't like that either.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe in the I I I archangels.

Three-Archangels-Collage.jpg
Welcome to RF. The pictures are great even if not so accurate.
I believe this trinity is not the Trinity that we are talking about.

Muffled

Jesus in me
i agree with you. all the miracles of Jesus, were not miracles if He was the Almighty. the relationship He had with His Father and wanted everyone else to have we cant because only the 3 beings in the trinity family have that. we cant follow and be like Jesus as the only ones that can are those in the trinity family.

I believe you are trying to say that God is helpless in His believers but I find that to be false.

look3467

Premium Member
It just means that Jesus was a messenger/prophet of G-d like Adam and Noah and the family of Abraham and the family of "Imran" and last of them Muhammad the last of them in status, one body could reach G-d without accepting their message from G-d:

[3:32]Say, ‘If you love Allah, follow me:then will Allah love you and forgive you your faults. And Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful.’
[3:33]Say, ‘Obey Allah and the Messenger;’ but if they turn away, then remember that Allah loves not the disbelievers.
[3:34]Allah did choose Adam and Noah and the family of Abraham and the family of ‘Imran above all peoples —
[3:35]A race, co-related with one another. And Allah is All-Hearing, All-Knowing.
http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=3&verse=31

It has got nothing to do with Trinity. Right? Please
Regards

Wrong! It has everything to do with the Trinity.
As I suspected by asking you the question, "Do you believe that you can attain eternal life based on your own merits?" by your reference with the word "If".

You did answer the first question correctly, by indirectly using the same word "If".

If, you are good enough, righteous enough; is your understanding, maybe God may see fit to accept you.

Where as I see only the righteousness of Jesus as my own and therefore I am accepted just the way I am.

Blessings, AJ

look3467

Premium Member

Where those the words of Jesus at the cross? "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do". Unbelievers who nailed Him to the cross?

Blessings, AJ

Sabour

Where those the words of Jesus at the cross? "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do". Unbelievers who nailed Him to the cross?

Blessings, AJ

Can you be more clear? I didn't get your point ?