• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are the benefits of the trinity?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
[3:33]Say, ‘Obey Allah and the Messenger;’ but if they turn away, then remember that Allah loves not the disbelievers.
Where those the words of Jesus at the cross? "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do". Unbelievers who nailed Him to the cross?
Blessings, AJ
Can you be more clear? I didn't get your point either?
Trinity is fruitless.
Regards

Muffled

Jesus in me
[3:33]Say, ‘Obey Allah and the Messenger;’ but if they turn away, then remember that Allah loves not the disbelievers.

Where those the words of Jesus at the cross? "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do". Unbelievers who nailed Him to the cross?

Blessings, AJ

3:31 ¶ Say: "If ye do love Allah, follow me: Allah will love you and forgive you your sins: For Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

I believe it is like the dialogue with Peter. Jesus asks if he loves Him three times with two different words for love. It would probably be helpful to go back to the Arabic since English doesn't distinguish between the many meanings of love. However I believe Muslims could learn more about God and His unconditional love from Jesus because I don't remember it being anything but conditional in the Qu'ran.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Does NT Gospels mention any benefits of Trinity? Please quote from Jesus' mouth from the NT Bible, if any.
Regards

look3467

Premium Member
3:31 ¶ Say: "If ye do love Allah, follow me: Allah will love you and forgive you your sins: For Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

I believe it is like the dialogue with Peter. Jesus asks if he loves Him three times with two different words for love. It would probably be helpful to go back to the Arabic since English doesn't distinguish between the many meanings of love. However I believe Muslims could learn more about God and His unconditional love from Jesus because I don't remember it being anything but conditional in the Qu'ran.

First, there is nothing conditional about Allah's love for mankind. He demonstrated that by Jesus on the cross. Jesus had to live up to the letter of the law "if" He was to offer His body as a sacrifice for the redemption of all mankind.
A perfect body without spot or blemish.

The dialog with Peter has the number 3 distinctively by the word "thrice".Mat_26:34 Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Have you ever asked yourself the question "Why does Allah always repeats, multiplies numbers? Is there a message there by that?

I say, if you do a study on numbers God uses, you will be pleasantly surprised.

3 dreams, the 3rd day, spirit,body and soul, three branches, three white baskets , she hid him three months. Etc, etc.

Father, Son and Holy Spirit are three.....as one.

Blessings, AJ

Muffled

Jesus in me

Does NT Gospels mention any benefits of Trinity? Please quote from Jesus' mouth from the NT Bible, if any.
Regards

Here is a benefit of the Paraclete:
John 16:8 And he, when he is come, will convict the world in respect of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Muffled

Jesus in me
First, there is nothing conditional about Allah's love for mankind. He demonstrated that by Jesus on the cross. Jesus had to live up to the letter of the law "if" He was to offer His body as a sacrifice for the redemption of all mankind.
A perfect body without spot or blemish.

The dialog with Peter has the number 3 distinctively by the word "thrice".Mat_26:34 Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Have you ever asked yourself the question "Why does Allah always repeats, multiplies numbers? Is there a message there by that?

I say, if you do a study on numbers God uses, you will be pleasantly surprised.

3 dreams, the 3rd day, spirit,body and soul, three branches, three white baskets , she hid him three months. Etc, etc.

Father, Son and Holy Spirit are three.....as one.

Blessings, AJ

That would be agape (love).

I believe I love my son and that is phileo (love) but I am not pleased with him right now and that would be eros (love).

God can love man with agape love and hate sinners with negative eros love. eros is a conditional love.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
John 16:8 And he, when he is come, will convict the world in respect of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Trinity is nowhere mentioned in the quote. It is just your imagination.
Regards

jaybird

how does the spirit of truth vary on ones belief on the trinity? for example is there a passage that says it will only work for those that believe in the trinity?
from my understanding the spirit of truth will remain exactly that even if someone does not fully understand the true nature of the All High, rather they believe in what Jesus taught and that Jesus was sent by Him.

look3467

Premium Member
That would be agape (love).

I believe I love my son and that is phileo (love) but I am not pleased with him right now and that would be eros (love).

God can love man with agape love and hate sinners with negative eros love. eros is a conditional love.
Agreed with with all of the above except for the words "hate sinners".

God, in His own perfect state can not hate! Does not like...maybe a sinners trespasses, but definitely not hate.

Jesus, in His perfect state, As the full Godhead bodily, could not demonstrate any hate whats so ever. Even those who crucified Him, sped on Him and slugged Him.

If, Jesus, As God was to redeem humanity as a whole, the only way was to take every sin on Himself and nail it once and for all on the cross.

The word cross is the point where the old and the new Cross each other.

Ending the beginning from the end and commencing a new beginning that will never end.

We pay for our own behavioral sins as in "what we sow we shall also reap" as part of this earthly life.

For it states "the wages of sin is death". Death of the flesh ends all possible sin, but the soul has been redeemed by Jesus.

So, blessings and cursings is our lot. That we manage.

Blessings, AJ

Muffled

Jesus in me
Trinity is nowhere mentioned in the quote. It is just your imagination.
Regards

16:7 ¶ Nevertheless I tell you the truth: It is expedient for you that I go away; for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I go, I will send him unto you.

I believe here again the Paraclete is translated "comforter" and is the third member of the Trinity.

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
how does the spirit of truth vary on ones belief on the trinity? for example is there a passage that says it will only work for those that believe in the trinity?
from my understanding the spirit of truth will remain exactly that even if someone does not fully understand the true nature of the All High, rather they believe in what Jesus taught and that Jesus was sent by Him.

I believe Jesus taught the Trinity.

I believe The Spirit of Truth does not vary but the belief does.

John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; so neither can ye, except ye abide in me.

I believe basically if you don't believe the Spirit of God is in you it will not work in you.

jaybird

I believe Jesus taught the Trinity.

I believe The Spirit of Truth does not vary but the belief does.

John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; so neither can ye, except ye abide in me.

I believe basically if you don't believe the Spirit of God is in you it will not work in you.

ok but does Jesus teach the Spirit of Truth will only work if one believes in the trinity? if so where is this teaching?

look3467

Premium Member
ok but does Jesus teach the Spirit of Truth will only work if one believes in the trinity? if so where is this teaching?

Jay,
One verse in a nut shell is all that is needed: Num_21:9 And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.

A shadow of the one who would be placed on a cross, raised up to be looked upon, be bitten and saved. Lived.

The discussion of the Trinity is not an issue. Faith in Him who was raised on a pole is.

Blessings, AJ

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe it does not have to be taught. It is logical. If I believe a spirit was trying to work in me but it wasn't God then I wouldn't allow it to work in me because I couldn't trust it to be good.

jaybird

I believe it does not have to be taught. It is logical. If I believe a spirit was trying to work in me but it wasn't God then I wouldn't allow it to work in me because I couldn't trust it to be good.
i agree but dont see how it has anything to do with the trinity being required for the spirit of truth

Actually I believe God is everywhere at all times. The Trinity gives God a human voice to speak anywhere there is one who allows God to speak through him.
the Lord was able to communicate through prophets.