• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What am I

Ervin

I believe in God, I also believe that there is an evi spiritual l entities like Satan but I don't believe in the Bible or Quran as any more then the atempt by humans to explain the truth.

I don't think that Deism is what I believe in because they try to come forward as atheists as much as they can and none of them accepted the idea of a possibility that there are some sort of evil spiritual beings.

I believe that God is good and that He/She cares about us being good. I believe that when we are in pain that God is feeling that pain as well iregardles of who feels that pain.
I believe that eather everyone will be forgiven or that those who don't if that is the case will simply cease to exist. I believe that hell is improbable.

I believe that Islamic fundamentalism or things like Jehowas witnese refusing blood transfusion is bad. So I supose I can't be a JW.

I have chaged my mind about what I believe in more than once because I am very open minded or at least I think I am.

I admit that I could be wrong and maybe there are things like Hell, etc.

I like how Deepak Chopra says that we will all be OK in the end, his vows of non violence, peacefulnes, etc.

I believe that God wants us to be vegans( I am not one/to week).

Can someone help me label my self please.

Thanks

Luminous

non-existential luminary
You are obviously Agnostic, as every human being and living creature is born and remains.
on to a personal matter: i belive plants are friends, not food. so killing plants is just as bad, if at all,as properly using other specie.

Last edited:

Onkara

Hi Ervin
Take a look at Dharmic religions, such as the wide variation of Hinduism, Sikhism, Jainism and even Buddhism for ideas.

For example, Sikhism sounds similar to your ideas (not necessarily Khalsa and baptism at this stage). They have the option to be vegans. I really like their scripture and open mindedness towards life, gender and race: www.srigranth.org. Overview: The Sikhism Home Page: Introduction to Sikhism

The only thing it seems to miss is the concept of an evil spirit, but I guess we can live without that. Rather is it our ego and desire which leads man to "sin" or cause harm. It is love of the True Guru (God) which leads us to a better life.

Last edited:

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
I believe in God, I also believe that there is an evi spiritual l entities like Satan but I don't believe in the Bible or Quran as any more then the atempt by humans to explain the truth.

all that you mention below (except for taking blood) are what the bible teaches...so perhaps you already believe what is in the bible (and perhaps the Quran but im not sure on all its aspects)

I don't think that Deism is what I believe in because they try to come forward as atheists as much as they can and none of them accepted the idea of a possibility that there are some sort of evil spiritual beings.

I believe that God is good and that He/She cares about us being good. I believe that when we are in pain that God is feeling that pain as well iregardles of who feels that pain.
I believe that eather everyone will be forgiven or that those who don't if that is the case will simply cease to exist. I believe that hell is improbable.

Evil spirits: 1John 5:19 the whole world is lying in the [power of the] wicked one

God Cares for us: 1Peter 5:6-7 "Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt YOU in due time; 7 while YOU throw all YOUR anxiety upon him, because he cares for YOU

Sinners cease to exist: Ezekiel 18:4 "Look! All the souls—to me they belong. As the soul of the father so likewise the soul of the son—to me they belong. The soul that is sinning—it itself will die

God feels our pain at our suffering: Zechariah 2:8 “He that is touching you is touching my eyeball.”

Everyone forgiven: Acts 40:43 To him all the prophets bear witness, that everyone putting faith in him gets forgiveness of sins through his name.

Hell is improbable: Eccl. 9:5, 10: “The living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all . . . All that your hand finds to do, do with your very power, for there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in Sheol (the word translated as hell in NT) the place to which you are going.”

Ervin

Thanks Peg, but I can't see my self rejecting blood transfusion if JW is what you have in mind otherwise I fully understand why would someone have your beliefs(apart from the blood transfusion).

Thanks

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Thanks Peg, but I can't see my self rejecting blood transfusion if JW is what you have in mind otherwise I fully understand why would someone have your beliefs(apart from the blood transfusion).

Thanks

thats ok

I was going to suggest any other christian denomination but then realized that they teach that hell is a place of fire and torment

then i was going to suggest Christadelphians because they dont teach hellfire, but they dont believe in evil spirits

Well you definitely suit christs teachings.... maybe you can start your own church which teaches all these things but accepts the use of blood as a medicine? :shrug:

Onkara

What do you know about Quakers, Pegg, are they more liberal in that respect, could it help Ervin?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
What do you know about Quakers, Pegg, are they more liberal in that respect, could it help Ervin?

i dont know a lot about the quakers....are they even still around? I'll do some research into them though.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
i was just looking on wiki and the article put quakers in with other non denominational protestants otherwise known as 'the friends'

Interesting quote from the article: "a non-creedal form of Christianity, Quakerism is especially receptive to a wide range of faith understandings"

so perhaps this might be to Ervin's liking. It seems if you dont believe in something found in the bible, you dont have to because they dont hold the scriptures as the authority on truth.

Onkara

Thanks Pegg,
I also have received the impression that it allows for a lot of flexibility whilst approaching Christ and God, but have not had any contact with them personally. :)

Ervin

Thanks Onkara for your help! Bahai sounds ok but I really believe in evil spiritual beings that operate on Earth.

@Pegg. I have met Jehowas witnesses in the past and I think that they/you are probably some of the most serious believers that I have met and I mean that in a good way.

I supose that there is a possibility that Abrahamic" prophets were true prophets maybe.

I actualy wouldn't mind cheking out there services over here in Melbourne as long as they are open to those who just want to take a look and have a chat.

I do think its nice how it says in the Bible that a kid will play with the lion and so forth.

Thanks

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Thanks Pegg,
I also have received the impression that it allows for a lot of flexibility whilst approaching Christ and God, but have not had any contact with them personally. :)

i was trying to find some of their fundamental beliefs but have been unable to find anything specific because it appears to me that the friends is like a 'union of independent church's' who do not have any particular beliefs

the main thing is that individuals are led by Gods spirit and this leads them to truth and understanding...but understanding of what, im not sure.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Thanks Onkara for your help! Bahai sounds ok but I really believe in evil spiritual beings that operate on Earth.

@Pegg. I have met Jehowas witnesses in the past and I think that they/you are probably some of the most serious believers that I have met and I mean that in a good way.

I supose that there is a possibility that Abrahamic" prophets were true prophets maybe.

I actualy wouldn't mind cheking out there services over here in Melbourne as long as they are open to those who just want to take a look and have a chat.

I do think its nice how it says in the Bible that a kid will play with the lion and so forth.

Thanks

I agree there are some beautiful passages in the bible and there is a lot to learn in there too... especially interesting is prophecy...one of my fav subjects.

im pretty confident you'd be welcome to come along to any of our meetings and check it out. Our meetings are held on sundays and open to the public so if you need any info on where the kingdom halls are located and meeting times i'll be happy to oblige.

and no collection tray :D

Onkara

Hi Pegg
Curious isn't it, I haven't been able to find a concrete explanation. :)
Perhaps that is liberal enough? I cringe at some of the descriptions I hear about Catholicism, so Quakers sounds more comfortable.

I agree with Ervin, the JW come across very serious, but dedicated to ensuring it is well explained. :)

Ervin

@ Pegg. My email is [email protected] . If you want to you can email me and I can give you further details about were do I live so that you can tell me were to go. I would also like to ask you some other questions!

Thanks

Ervin

Or if you can PM people in this forum that would be good. thats if you don't want to give your email. Eather way is fine.

Thanks

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Hi Pegg
Curious isn't it, I haven't been able to find a concrete explanation. :)
Perhaps that is liberal enough? I cringe at some of the descriptions I hear about Catholicism, so Quakers sounds more comfortable.

I agree with Ervin, the JW come across very serious, but dedicated to ensuring it is well explained. :)

I dont think i'd like not having a stable theology...for me its whats written in the scriptures and nothing more nothing less.

but i can see how some might be attracted to a theology free christianity...there'd be no debating on things which would be positive. I like to be able to explain my beliefs and having a foundation for beliefs too

Ervin

Ok, as everyone can see I am willing to check out services of diferent religions. I am still however open to peoples ideas as to what is it that I believe in!

Thanks

I would think of Zoroastrianism... One God, Ahura Mazda, One Devil, Ahriman, and life is a constant battle of the forces of Good and Evil.

The emphasis is not much on theology as much as developing one's virtues, of good thoughts, good words, and good actions.

God is the Source of all goodness and benevolence, and is the Universal Good. You may like it, or at least it may peak your interest.

Zoroastrianism | the first Monotheist and Universal religion

A good website about being Zoroastrian.

Good luck!