• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weinstein & Trump

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
My guess is that Weinstein is likely to be convicted of sexual assault even though there seemingly are no collaborating witnesses, and that likely is a good call, imo. And my guess is that many, if not most, Republicans will cheer if he's found guilty and sentenced to prison.

But there are 20 women who have claimed that Trump sexually assaulted them although, much like with the Weinstein situation, there apparently were no collaborating witnesses. And yet I don't hear a word from Pubs that he too should be put on trial once out of office. But what's different in this case is that Trump actually bragged how he can "grope women..." and "forcibly kiss them", which actually could be used as evidence.

Double standard?

Thoughts?

David1967

Premium Member
My guess is that Weinstein is likely to be convicted of sexual assault even though there seemingly are no collaborating witnesses, and that likely is a good call, imo. And my guess is that many, if not most, Republicans will cheer if he's found guilty and sentenced to prison.

But there are 20 women who have claimed that Trump sexually assaulted them although, much like with the Weinstein situation, there apparently were no collaborating witnesses. And yet I don't hear a word from Pubs that he too should be put on trial once out of office. But what's different in this case is that Trump actually bragged how he can "grope women..." and "forcibly kiss them", which actually could be used as evidence.

Double standard?

Thoughts?

Double standards in politics? Surely you jest.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The answer given is typically "as long as he keeps my taxes low I am okay with this". The Republican party used to be so much better than this.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Double standard?

Thoughts?

I'd imagine that since there is no corroborating evidence it depends on the character of the witness and whether you find them believable. So of course in these situations it's going to depend on feelings and bias. unfortunately innocent people go to jail and the guilty go free. For better or worse that's the system we got.

Personally I've no problem with Trump facing his accusers in court. If they feel they have a case then the opinions of the rest of the world doesn't matter. They have the same right to go to trial as anyone else.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Double standard?

Thoughts?
Trump , Weinstein, creepy uncle Joe, all walk into a cell with Bill Cosby.

Hey hey hey!!!!!!!

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
You don't necessarily need witnesses you need corroborating evidence, or sadly not. And no I won't applaud someone being convicted based solely on an allegation.