• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Mary a wife unto God?

whirlingmerc

And physical sexual marriage today is a temporary parable of permanence pointing to a time when all the redeemed are in a state knowing God as they have been known and enjoying worship and discovery of God forever and ever in some way we only glimpse at using today's marriage as analogy. But there is some elevation, glorification of believers where they are a crown for God and God is a crown for them as the prophets allude

Shad

Veteran Member
Did I use a word with wrong meaning? Please point out.
Regards

You have no real interest in learning what the concept actually is. You could easily look up immaculate conception which is pretty much the same in every Christian denomination.

So will you look it up or do other people need to spoon feed you knowledge that is widely available.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
You have no real interest in learning what the concept actually is. You could easily look up immaculate conception which is pretty much the same in every Christian denomination.

So will you look it up or do other people need to spoon feed you knowledge that is widely available.
Please be a good teacher.One is welcome. Right? Please
Regards

Shad

Veteran Member
Please be a good teacher.One is welcome. Right? Please
Regards

No time to put your big boy pants on. If you want to discuss a topic inform yourself about it. This is not the teaching forum. If you have question take it to the Christian DIR.

rusra02

Premium Member
Was Mary a wife unto God?

If Mary was not a wife unto god, then Jesus was not son of god, literally and physically.
Is there a Christian who considers Mary a wife unto god? Please
Regards
It was not necessary for Mary to be God's "wife". Luke 1:35 records: "Holy spirit will come upon you, and power of the Most High will overshadow you. And for that reason the one who is born will be called holy, God’s Son." God transferred his Son's life force to the womb of the Jewish Virgin Mary. Since Jesus did not have a human father, he could be born as a sinless human son of God.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Oh **** :(

Yo @Tumah, would I still be allowed to convert to Judaism? Would it give me a clean slate if I did so, or would I be a ******* forever, only allowed to marry other ********?
We interpret that verse to mean marrying a Jewish lady-person and it applies to a Jew as well. Also, it looks like we interpret it as referring to someone who actively goes and ruins it rather than someone born that way. There's an argument whether the "clean slate" applies strictly to judicial matters or to physical issues as well. Ask your local Orthodox rabbi.

Kirran

Premium Member
We interpret that verse to mean marrying a Jewish lady-person and it applies to a Jew as well. Also, it looks like we interpret it as referring to someone who actively goes and ruins it rather than someone born that way. There's an argument whether the "clean slate" applies strictly to judicial matters or to physical issues as well. Ask your local Orthodox rabbi.

Actively goes and ruins it? How do you mean?

OK, I'll hit Ephraim up next time I see him.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Dude we're talking about being born to unmarried parents.
Oh. The last comment by Mestiemia that you commented on cited a verse about becoming sterile. How was I supposed to know that?
Then no, of course not. For one thing, being born to unmarried parents is not how one becomes a ******* in Jewish Law. But also, I don't think there is a judicial category called '*******' by non-Jews according to Jewish Law. And converting would definitely remove such a label were there one.

Kirran

Premium Member
Oh. The last comment by Mestiemia that you commented on cited a verse about becoming sterile. How was I supposed to know that?
Then no, of course not. For one thing, being born to unmarried parents is not how one becomes a ******* in Jewish Law. But also, I don't think there is a judicial category called '*******' by non-Jews according to Jewish Law. And converting would definitely remove such a label were there one.

Are you sure it did? It seemed to be talking about b*stards to me. Religious Forums

So how does one become a ******* by Jewish Law?

Tumah

Veteran Member
Are you sure it did? It seemed to be talking about b*stards to me. Religious Forums

So how does one become a ******* by Jewish Law?
That's verse 3 in Jewish ones.
By Jewish Law one becomes one by virtue of being boen from any relationship with a punishment of death or cutting off, with the exception of a menstruating woman. So basically being born from two family members or from a woman who at the time of conception was married to another man.

Kirran

Premium Member
That's verse 3 in Jewish ones.
By Jewish Law one becomes one by virtue of being boen from any relationship with a punishment of death or cutting off, with the exception of a menstruating woman. So basically being born from two family members or from a woman who at the time of conception was married to another man.

Ah, interesting. Strange confusion :)

OK, I see. So my parents aren't married (my father was divorced), would that not be enough to make me a b*stard by Jewish Law, were they Jewish? I had understood extramarital sex was not cool in Orthodox Judaism.

pearl

"The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy, the Son of God" In Hebrew Scripture the Spirit of God is the power of creation. What happens to Mary is a new creation. The God who called forth being out of nothing makes a new beginning amid humanity; his word becomes flesh. Keep in mind that the Gospels interpret the meaning of Jesus' birth through the imagery of Hebrew Scripture.

According to the faith of the Church, the Divine Sonship of Jesus does not rest on the fact that Jesus had no human father; the doctrine of Jesus' divinity would not be affected if Jesus had been the product of a normal human marriage. The reference to a "physical" Divine Sonship of Jesus is extremely unfortunate and wide open to misunderstanding; for almost two thousand years theology has no succeeded in freeing its conceptual terminology from the shell of its Hellenistic origin.
reference; Joseph Ratzinger, Introduction to Christiany

Tumah

Veteran Member
Ah, interesting. Strange confusion :)

OK, I see. So my parents aren't married (my father was divorced), would that not be enough to make me a b*stard by Jewish Law, were they Jewish? I had understood extramarital sex was not cool in Orthodox Judaism.
Extramarital relations is not punishable by death under Jewish Law provided the woman was not under menstruation impurity. So that wouldn't fit the conditions required to make a Biblical *******. And even if she were, it would still not as a menstruating woman is the one exception with regards to making a *******.

There is some argument whether premarital relations are Biblically prohibited or not. But even if its Biblical, the punishment would be lashes, not execution.