• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Mary a wife unto God?

Kirran

Premium Member
Islam was founded by Muhammed's followers to continue His conquests after His death. And very successfully, too.
Tom

I rather think it agglomerated out of his followers so as to provide a structure for their shared identity as distinct from Christians and Jews.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
We are all the wife of God at the great wedding ceremony in the sky when the church of God, established since the foundation of the world, is joined at the day His people are joined with God.

Rev. 19:7 The Marriage of the Lamb
And I heard a sound like the roar of a great multitude, like the rushing of many waters, and like a mighty rumbling of thunder, crying out: “Hallelujah! For our Lord God, the Almighty, reigns. Let us rejoice and celebrate and give Him the glory. For the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His bride has made herself ready. She was given clothing of fine linen, linen bright and pure.” For the fine linen she wears is the righteous acts of the saints.…

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
We are all the wife of God at the great wedding ceremony in the sky when the church of God, established since the foundation of the world, is joined at the day His people are joined with God.

Rev. 19:7 The Marriage of the Lamb
And I heard a sound like the roar of a great multitude, like the rushing of many waters, and like a mighty rumbling of thunder, crying out: “Hallelujah! For our Lord God, the Almighty, reigns. Let us rejoice and celebrate and give Him the glory. For the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His bride has made herself ready. She was given clothing of fine linen, linen bright and pure.” For the fine linen she wears is the righteous acts of the saints.…
"Rev. 19:7 The Marriage of the Lamb"
Is it written by Jesus? Please
Regards

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Was Mary a wife unto God?

If Mary was not a wife unto god, then Jesus was not son of god, literally and physically.
Is there a Christian who considers Mary a wife unto god? Please
Regards
One does not have to be married to have children.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Can confirm! My parents are not married! And I can testify that they have produced at least one child.
There are a lot of people who are not to enter into a congregation (Deuteronomy 23:2)

Kirran

Premium Member
There are a lot of people who are not to enter into a congregation (Deuteronomy 23:2)

Oh **** :(

Yo @Tumah, would I still be allowed to convert to Judaism? Would it give me a clean slate if I did so, or would I be a ******* forever, only allowed to marry other ********?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Can confirm! My parents are not married! And I can testify that they have produced at least one child.
Every child born is equally innocent and sinless.
All children born under wedlock have "immaculate conception". Please
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Oh **** :(

Yo @Tumah, would I still be allowed to convert to Judaism? Would it give me a clean slate if I did so, or would I be a ******* forever, only allowed to marry other ********?
Judaism is a racial connotation. Right? Please
If one likes one should join the truthful religion of Moses. Truthful religion is never racial and or having bounds. Please
Regards

Kirran

Premium Member
Judaism is a racial connotation. Right? Please
If one likes one should join the truthful religion of Moses. Truthful religion is never racial and or having bounds. Please
Regards

Not exactly. It's a kind of tribal identity. You can convert to Judaism as well, there are many who do so. Different Jewish groups have different criteria for converts. And there are Jews who'd be called 'black, 'white', 'South Asian', 'East Asian' etc so it isn't really racial.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Yay!

So God could have had a kid with Mary without being married to her?
G-d needs no sexual relationship. It is requirement of His created animates, for longevity. G-d is Eternal and Un-created and the Creator. Please
Regards

whirlingmerc

No... Mary by herself was never portrayed as a wife unto God in the Bible
Mary portrayed herself as God's maidservant which is also seen in Psalm 116 where the Messiah says 'I am your servant, the son of your maidservant' ESV Clearly Mary married Joseph and the Bible says Joseph kept Mary a virgin UNTIL Jesus was born

However

The church is the bride of Christ (who is god) and Mary is part of the church and so...
in that sense Mary is part of the bride (singular) of Christ
Additionally Mary may have carried Christ as in a narrow sense ark like for a time, but the church
carried a treasure as if in jars of clay (our bodies) and the individuals in the church are a Temple of the holy spirit where Mary is a part

so it depends what you mean

Kirran

Premium Member
G-d needs no sexual relationship. It is requirement of His created animates, for longevity. G-d is Eternal and Un-created and the Creator. Please
Regards

Good thing God's omnipotent and can have a son without having sex with anybody.