• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Mary a wife unto God?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

If Mary was not a wife unto god, then Jesus was not son of god, literally and physically.
Is there a Christian who considers Mary a wife unto god? Please
Regards

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.

If Mary was not a wife unto god, then Jesus was not son of god, literally and physically.
Regards

Uhm...

Just because a man is not married to a woman does not mean the man can't be the father of her child. :shrug:

Granted, God is not a man, but you get the point.

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Uhm...
Just because a man is not married to a woman does not mean the man can't be the father of her child. :shrug:
Granted, God is not a man, but you get the point.
Neither Jesus believed nor Mary believed that Mary ever had any sexual relationship with God.
Does one get the point? Please
Regards

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
Neither Jesus believed nor Mary believed that Mary ever had any sexual relationship with God.
Does one get the point? Please
Regards

There is a reason that it is called the "immaculate conception." It is not that God came to her in the flesh and busted one up inside of her, but rather that she was impregnated by the Holy Spirit miraculously. The whole Trinity concept.

No, I do not buy it either...but that is the story.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
There is a reason that it is called the "immaculate conception." It is not that God came to her in the flesh and busted one up inside of her, but rather that she was impregnated by the Holy Spirit miraculously. The whole Trinity concept.

No, I do not buy it either...but that is the story.
Did Jesus or Mary claim and define this "immaculate conception"? Please
Regards

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Did Jesus or Mary claim and define this "immaculate conception"? Please
Regards
In Catholic theology, the Immaculate Conception refers to the conception of Mary. The idea is that Mary was born without original sin in order to be fit to carry Christ.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

Regards
Psst: it's not literally or physically necessary to be married to have a child with someone.

roger1440

I do stuff
It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they broke my covenant, though I was a husband to them, ”
Jeremiah 31:32

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
In Catholic theology, the Immaculate Conception refers to the conception of Mary. The idea is that Mary was born without original sin in order to be fit to carry Christ.
The Catholic Religion was founded by Paul, it was never founded by Jesus and or Mary. They both did not claim or define "immaculate conception". It is made in Rome not made in Judea. Please
Regards

Kirran

Premium Member
The Catholic Religion was founded by Paul, it was never founded by Jesus and or Mary. They both did not claim or define "immaculate conception". It is made in Rome not made in Judea. Please
Regards

Lot of claims. Not a lot of backup or explanation.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Regards
Islam was founded by Muhammed's followers to continue His conquests after His death. And very successfully, too.
Tom