• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Jesus GOD, man or the devil

Was Jesus the devil ?

• yes

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • no

Votes: 25 89.3%

• Total voters
Was Jesus the devil, and if so who are all these christians following ?
He came as a lamb, but he will be back as a lion ( the lion is pride ):eek:

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Lostinthisworld said:
Was Jesus the devil
According to William Blake, yes he was. And according to William Blake, this is a good thing, not a bad thing.

true blood

Who is Will Blake? Any sane person, using logic, reading a book called the bible should be able to discern that Jesus and the devil are not the same. Obviously everyone does not have the reading comprehension skills to see the difference between the two. I would hand you a book about the english language to support my "no".

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
true blood said:
Who is Will Blake? Any sane person, using logic, reading a book called the bible should be able to discern that Jesus and the devil are not the same. Obviously everyone does not have the reading comprehension skills to see the difference between the two.
William Blake was a quite famous English mystic, poet, and artist at the turn of the 19th century. Some people might call him insane; to me he is brilliant. Being a poet, I'm sure that he had good "reading comprehension." But more than being able to understand the meaning of the words, he was able to understand the meaning beyond the words. Blake believed in the spirit of the law over the letter of the law, much like that person in the bible to whom you refer.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Lostinthisworld said:
I can see why thats not a bad thing, but what is Will's reason
It's been a while but I will try to relate his ideas without doing too much damage them. Anyone else who knows Blake is invited to jump in and correct me.

According to Blake, the devil represents passion, desire, drive, energy. True, he can be destructive, chaotic and frightening, but he is necessary for life. According to Blake, the angel represents order, structure, discipline, restraint. Taken to extremes he is oppressive tyranny, stagnation, and ultimately death. Jesus came to bring new life, to bring passion, to upset the status quo. Think of Jesus overturning the tables of the money changers at the Temple. Think of him calling to people to leave their homes and families, sell everything they own and follow him. In Blake's view, Jesus was indeed our "savior" but because he was aligned with the devils, not with the angels. To Blake, Jesus was the devil, which was good, and the true devils (ie - the truly evil) were the angels, the ones who enforced conformity.

Blake wrote at a time where conformity was much more oppresive than it is now; now we worship individual liberty. He was reacting against the tyranny of a stagnant social order that he thought was stamping out all the life and passion from individuals. As he once wrote: "Those who restrain desire, do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained."

Personally, I see life as a balance between order (the angels) and chaos (the devils). Too much of either one and we can't exist. So I do not see either one of them as inherently bad or good. But Blake sided with the devils while people like Confucius sided with the angels (tho he would not have used such langage). We need the William Blakes to balance out the Confuciuses of the world.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Slightly off topic, but maybe Satan part of the Trinity, and thiers really four, not three.
Both God and Jesus have magickal abilities, so does the Satan. Jesus and Satan do have the same powers, and can do the same thing, but they use thier power differently. Jesus heals, Satan causes illness. But thats what it seems at first glance. God gave Paul the power to blind the sorcererr, and Satan will resurect the Anti-Christ. So it is possible that instead of God being the trinity being of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, God might be a quatrine (Four-some) being consisting of the Father, Son, Holy Ghost, and Satan.
I personally do not believe in the devil, or Satan, but its a thought.

may

Satan​
the Devil

Definition: The spirit creature who is the chief adversary of Jehovah God and of all who worship the true God. The name Satan was given to him because of his becoming a resister of Jehovah. Satan is also known as the Devil, because he is the foremost slanderer of God. Satan is described as the original serpent, evidently because of his using a serpent in Eden to deceive Eve, and for this reason "serpent" came to signify "deceiver." In the book of Revelation, the symbolism of a devouring dragon is also applied to Satan.so no ,jesus was not the devil because jesus came to earth to do his fathers will ,not to be a resister.

because I have come down from heaven to do, not my will, but the will of him that sent me(john 6;38)

rivenrock

lilithu said:
According to Blake, the devil represents passion, desire, drive, energy. True, he can be destructive, chaotic and frightening, but he is necessary for life. According to Blake, the angel represents order, structure, discipline, restraint.
So Blake doesn't actually think Jesus was "The Devil", but simply that his nature or purpose was in alignment with things that Blake feels 'devils' represent?

rivenrock

Luke Wolf said:
Jesus and Satan do have the same powers, and can do the same thing...Satan will resurect the Anti-Christ.
These ideas are a little outlandish to me. As this is 'biblical debate' any references, specific examples you might want to give?
Luke Wolf said:
So it is possible that instead of God being the trinity being of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, God might be a quatrine (Four-some) being consisting of the Father, Son, Holy Ghost, and Satan.
How is it possible? Satan was cast out of heaven. Jesus rejected him outright. How do you think they can 'make a foursome' the same way that that trinity is a threesome. I mean, whether or not people believe that the trinity is literally one (one being) or three seperate beings united in purpose, it is still true that the three parts of the trinity work together for the same goals. This is not true of Satan.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
rivenrock said:
So Blake doesn't actually think Jesus was "The Devil", but simply that his nature or purpose was in alignment with things that Blake feels 'devils' represent?
hmm....no. For Blake, Jesus and the guy who tempted Adam & Eve are the one and the same. For Blake, the Fall was both a necessary and blessed event. Without it, we would still be in the garden in Eden - static, sitting aruond naked eating fruit and nuts. (I would be bored out of my mind!) The Fall was necessary for change and creativity and passion. After the Fall - after tasting of the tree of knowledge - is when we developed Art, Music, Literature, Philosophy, Science...all the things that we tend to think of as the things that make us human, distinct from other animals. Yes, it's true that we also developed murder and war, etc but all these things are inextricably intertwined.

So, for Blake Jesus was indeed "the Devil" but this was a very good thing.

john313

warrior-poet
Lostinthisworld said:
Was Jesus the devil, and if so who are all these christians following ?
He came as a lamb, but he will be back as a lion ( the lion is pride ):eek:
The peacock is typically the animal referred to as having pride(also satan was sometimes referred to as a peacock), a group of lions is a pride, but those 2 uses of pride are not necessarily equivalent. regardless, Jesus will come back "as a lion" in the sense that he will come back to cleanse the earth of evil and oppression. he will fight with an army of the angels(and some humans- the true believers) to destroy evil, kill the anti christ, and destroy the "satanic system". He and his companions will be like ravaging lions when they fight against evil, but as peaceful as lambs the rest of the time(while spreading the truth about God to those who will accept it); much like the original followers of Muhammad are depicted. Jesus was not the Devil, nor was he God. He was a prophet of God and he delivered the message he was sent to deliver. the modern christians follow Paul(the Liar/spouter of Lies in the Dead Sea Scrolls, Buloos ad-dajjal in Islam) the original followers of Christ were much different than those of today.

"This life's dim windows of the soul
Distorts the heavens from pole to pole
And leads you to believe a lie
When you see with, not through, the eye." -William Blake

fredm596

This is my first post, i am not sure exactly where i stand, but wasn't jesus tempted by satan in the wilderness after his baptism from John?

may

fredm596 said:
This is my first post, i am not sure exactly where i stand, but wasn't jesus tempted by satan in the wilderness after his baptism from John?
yes he was ,he offered jesus all the kingdoms of the world if he would do one act of worship to him, jesus knew that it was not time yet to be a king of Gods kingdom. eventualy satan will not be the ruler of the kingdoms of the world , because jesus will take over rulership (1 john 5;19) ( daniel 2;44)

jimbob

The Celt
lilithu said:
According to William Blake, yes he was. And according to William Blake, this is a good thing, not a bad thing.
And we should all live our life according to what William Blake says, now shouldn't we?:biglaugh: