• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Jesus GOD, man or the devil

Was Jesus the devil ?

• yes

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • no

Votes: 25 89.3%

• Total voters

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
jimbob said:
And we should all live our life according to what William Blake says, now shouldn't we?:biglaugh:
Your Roman Catholic church has a long history of recognizing the validity of mystical experiences. Blake may be a little too far out there for you but it's not outside the scope of your faith tradition to cite a mystic.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
may said:
Satan​
the Devil

Definition: The spirit creature who is the chief adversary of Jehovah God and of all who worship the true God. The name Satan was given to him because of his becoming a resister of Jehovah. Satan is also known as the Devil, because he is the foremost slanderer of God. Satan is described as the original serpent, evidently because of his using a serpent in Eden to deceive Eve, and for this reason "serpent" came to signify "deceiver." In the book of Revelation, the symbolism of a devouring dragon is also applied to Satan.so no ,jesus was not the devil because jesus came to earth to do his fathers will ,not to be a resister.

because I have come down from heaven to do, not my will, but the will of him that sent me(john 6;38)

i have to ask you may, do you consider yourself a monotheist?

may

jewscout said:
i have to ask you may, do you consider yourself a monotheist?
I believe that Jehovah God is the one and only true God and Jesus christ is inferior to him so yes i do think that there is only one God.
This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ. (John 17;3)

jewscout

Religious Zionist
may said:
I believe that Jehovah God is the one and only true God and Jesus christ is inferior to him so yes i do think that there is only one God.
This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ. (John 17;3)

interesting...
but how can a singular all powerful being have resistance against Him?

may said:
The spirit creature who is the chief adversary of Jehovah God and of all who worship the true God. The name Satan was given to him because of his becoming a resister of Jehovah
www.m-w.com said:
Main Entry: re·sis·tance
Pronunciation: ri-'zis-t&n(t)s
Function: noun
1 a : an act or instance of resisting : [size=-1]OPPOSITION[/size] b : a means of resisting
2 : the ability to resist; especially : the inherent capacity of a living being to resist untoward circumstances (as disease, malnutrition, or toxic agents)
3 : an opposing or retarding force
4 a : the opposition offered by a body or substance to the passage through it of a steady electric current b : a source of resistance
so how can there be just one G-d if He is being opposed by a different spiritual being?

linwood

Definition: The spirit creature who is the chief adversary of Jehovah God and of all who worship the true God. The name Satan was given to him because of his becoming a resister of Jehovah. Satan is also known as the Devil, because he is the foremost slanderer of God. Satan is described as the original serpent, evidently because of his using a serpent in Eden to deceive Eve, and for this reason "serpent" came to signify "deceiver." In the book of Revelation, the symbolism of a devouring dragon is also applied to Satan.so no ,jesus was not the devil because jesus came to earth to do his fathers will ,not to be a resister.

Your definition cannot be supported with Biblical scripture.

It is wrong.

may

linwood said:

Your definition cannot be supported with Biblical scripture.

It is wrong.

We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the [power of the] wicked one. 1 john 5;19

Now there is a judging of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out ....john 12;31

then concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged(john 16;11)

So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him. (rev 12;9)

He who carries on sin originates with the Devil, because the Devil has been sinning from [the] beginning.(of his rebellion) For this purpose the Son of God was made manifest, namely, to break up the works of the Devil

Now it came to be the day when the sons(angels) of the [true] God entered to take their station before Jehovah, and even Satan proceeded to enter right among them.​

Then Jehovah said to Satan: "Where do you come from?" At that Satan answered Jehovah and said: "From roving about in the earth and from walking about in it." And Jehovah went on to say to Satan: "Have you set your heart upon my servant Job, that there is no one like him in the earth, a man blameless and upright, fearing God and turning aside from bad?" At that Satan answered Jehovah and said: "Is it for nothing that Job has feared God? Have not you yourself put up a hedge about him and about his house and about everything that he has all around? The work of his hands you have blessed, and his livestock itself has spread abroad in the earth. But, for a change, thrust out your hand, please, and touch everything he has [and see] whether he will not curse you to your very face." Accordingly Jehovah said to Satan: "Look! Everything that he has is in your hand. Only against him himself do not thrust out your hand!" So Satan went out away from the person of Jehovah(job 1;6-12)

(Revelation 12:17) And the dragon grew wrathful at the woman, and went off to wage war with the remaining ones of her seed, who observe the commandments of God and have the work of bearing witness to Jesus.......its all to do with that first ever prophecy in the bible at Genesis 3; 15