• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Jesus abused by his father?

rational experiences

Veteran Member
What humans think prove where the mind wanders into the desert and has nothing real to say...seeing God the stone is not there.

Did God do anything wrong. No actually, not historically at all.

Eternal was the first body that changed. Which is what science cannot comprehend, how can a body that always existed be changed.

Creation is that answer.

Yet eternal still exists. All it lost was its spiritual language that spoke between each spirit as the body that surrounded them. What one spirit in particular a family member changed.

And guess who that was?

You brother, what you inherited was detailed as spiritual cause and effect.

Your inheritance for spiritually changing the eternal. True story actually.

Now if a Genetic biologist said to his human family in science, the Female ovary was being repaired by God the god stone gases, Saviour input back into the lost gas mass that our s.o.b. brother, the satanic scientist had burnt out. As that loving evil minded liar.

That sort of spiritual history and real story as only told by spiritual minds.

Therefore if you have that wandering mind, know you believe in pyramid, extra special selves, human psychics and aliens. That sort of b.s.

Therefore the ICE melt and then gas mass pressurized Asteroid wandering stone replacement of what an inane brother burnt out of Earth heavenly mass...water and oxygen and microbial mass got returned to cellular life.

So damaged human cells, the female Mother, Holy ovaries got repaired.

Liar of an evil brother and your communal group of liars.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Given the story about Christ.........

Have you read it exegetically?

Your extrapolation is a fairly easy thing to dismiss which is why you get nothing but contempt from people who subscribe to Christianity as is commonly understood. And you don't even have to be Christian to see it.

It's not so much that you ask a question, but rather that the question itself is so widely understood otherwise.

It was a voluntary act.

Messianic Israelite

It's a legitimate enough question.

If God is supposed to be an example for others to follow, then I would like to see an explanation why God isnt considered to be an abusive father.

The Bible does a pretty good job of mocking itself and frankly that's how the narrative plays out in its own words.

If a real father did that with his son, what do you think people would say? He was a great dad or something like that?

I paused for a few minutes before I decided to respond to this post because I was frankly offended. But perhaps this is the way you really think so to answer your question : - the Bible is a book of sacrifice. People willing to sacrifice an aspect of their lives or livelihood to become closer to Yahweh. Yahweh didn't abuse Yahshua. What a terrible assumption. Yahshua *agreed* to do this. He had plenty of opportunity to reject Yahweh's plan and bow rather to Satan in Matthew 4. He didn't. He was willing to give up his life to save mankind. Yahshua's prayer in John 17 is this: " O righteous Father, the world knew thee not, but I knew thee; and these knew that thou didst send me; 26 and I made known unto them thy name, and will make it known; that the love wherewith thou lovedst me may be in them, and I in them."

Before Yahshua died, he recognised Yahweh as righteous despite him facing a torturous death and also said that Yahweh loved Him. Yahshua knew he was loved by Yahweh. His death, cruel as it was, would be for the purpose of bringing sinful people in to the Covenant so they also could recover themselves from the bondage of sin.

It's the same with the martyrs. Should we say that Yahweh abused them?

#No. 1 Yahweh didn't do the abusing.
#No. 2 Yahshua was a joyful person (John 17:13), although his joy was tempered, he had the fullness of the Holy Spirit and therefore bore all the 9 fruits of the Holy Spirit mentioned in Galatians 5:23.
#No.3 is that Yahshua has been resurrected and now "Yahweh highly exalted him, and gave unto him the name which is above every name" (Philippians 2:9).

Doesn't sound like abuse to me, does it to you? Yahweh allows people to suffer in this world. To enter the world to come, where suffering will be wiped away, we all have to experience some suffering. Hebrews 12:6 says "For whom Yahweh loveth he chasteneth, And scourgeth every son whom he receiveth." Yahshua loved Yahweh with all his heart, soul, mind and strength. We know this from Mark 12. Yahweh loved Him too, very much. John 10:17 says "Therefore doth the Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I may take it again."

Was it worth it? Yahshua overcame. He made it. And now he has a name greater than any human or angel. He dwells in eternity and will rule during the Kingdom. He wasn't abused by Yahweh. Sinners abused him, but Yahweh brought Him back. It's a glorious story and it's a story of Yahweh's beautiful heart, in allowing suffering to happen for as it were a moment, but bestowing much glory on him for eternity.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Given the story about Christ and that he was purposely sent to Earth to die and be crucified, would that not make Jesus an abused son and God an abuser?

Yea?

Nay?

I have to say no. Kind of hard to be abused by someone who is not around. Everything that Jesus did, he took it on himself. God didn't make Jesus do anything.

rrobs

Given the story about Christ and that he was purposely sent to Earth to die and be crucified, would that not make Jesus an abused son and God an abuser?

Yea?

Nay?
You gotta read and understand the whole story before coming to a conclusion.

rrobs

I paused for a few minutes before I decided to respond to this post because I was frankly offended. But perhaps this is the way you really think so to answer your question : - the Bible is a book of sacrifice. People willing to sacrifice an aspect of their lives or livelihood to become closer to Yahweh. Yahweh didn't abuse Yahshua. What a terrible assumption. Yahshua *agreed* to do this. He had plenty of opportunity to reject Yahweh's plan and bow rather to Satan in Matthew 4. He didn't. He was willing to give up his life to save mankind. Yahshua's prayer in John 17 is this: " O righteous Father, the world knew thee not, but I knew thee; and these knew that thou didst send me; 26 and I made known unto them thy name, and will make it known; that the love wherewith thou lovedst me may be in them, and I in them."

Before Yahshua died, he recognised Yahweh as righteous despite him facing a torturous death and also said that Yahweh loved Him. Yahshua knew he was loved by Yahweh. His death, cruel as it was, would be for the purpose of bringing sinful people in to the Covenant so they also could recover themselves from the bondage of sin.

It's the same with the martyrs. Should we say that Yahweh abused them?

#No. 1 Yahweh didn't do the abusing.
#No. 2 Yahshua was a joyful person (John 17:13), although his joy was tempered, he had the fullness of the Holy Spirit and therefore bore all the 9 fruits of the Holy Spirit mentioned in Galatians 5:23.
#No.3 is that Yahshua has been resurrected and now "Yahweh highly exalted him, and gave unto him the name which is above every name" (Philippians 2:9).

Doesn't sound like abuse to me, does it to you? Yahweh allows people to suffer in this world. To enter the world to come, where suffering will be wiped away, we all have to experience some suffering. Hebrews 12:6 says "For whom Yahweh loveth he chasteneth, And scourgeth every son whom he receiveth." Yahshua loved Yahweh with all his heart, soul, mind and strength. We know this from Mark 12. Yahweh loved Him too, very much. John 10:17 says "Therefore doth the Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I may take it again."

Was it worth it? Yahshua overcame. He made it. And now he has a name greater than any human or angel. He dwells in eternity and will rule during the Kingdom. He wasn't abused by Yahweh. Sinners abused him, but Yahweh brought Him back. It's a glorious story and it's a story of Yahweh's beautiful heart, in allowing suffering to happen for as it were a moment, but bestowing much glory on him for eternity.
While it is a very good answer, I would say the chances are good, if not certain, it will fall on deaf ears.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
How do you rape a woman and leave her a virgin?
Why do you assume she stayed a virgin?

On that one, the question is more about the moral issue of impregnating someone without their consent (and whether someone who was apparently a child at the time has the capacity to consent to something like this at all) than the exact semantics of what constitutes rape or virginity.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

It was a voluntary act.
Would that make it necessarily not abuse?

Say a father is about to beat his child and the child's older sibling steps in to give the child a chance to get away, knowing that he'll get beaten instead.

In that case, the older sibling acted voluntarily, but the father was still abusive.

I think this is a fair analogy for the Gospel story.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Here's a question you may hate even more: did your father rape your mother?

Kind of puts an estranged definition to rape.

Just picture the angel coming up to Mary and saying, "Yeah gal , the guy that sent me had an eye for you, just got you pregnant while you were unaware, I hope you and your fiance don't mind".

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

Yea?

Nay?
no...

No more abusive than a son going into the armed forces and taking on a special mission where his life was on the line for the safety of this country

Twilight Hue

You gotta read and understand the whole story before coming to a conclusion.
Yeah I was a Christian for 30 plus years I understand the story more well than you might think.

You break it down to the stories essence.

Kind of picture God and Jesus having a talk at the breakfast table....

"Son, I need you to do me a favor. Will you go down to that planet I just made, and get yourself brutally killed? Yeah I know you might not want to do it, but I'm your Pappy. You don't want to disobey me, do you? You know what happens to people who disobey me. Good luck son, I love you".

Twilight Hue

No more abusive than a son going into the armed forces and taking on a special mission where his life was on the line for the safety of this country
That's kind of a strange thing to say.

Who ever heard of a special mission for saving people by having the very same people purposely kill you the show you who's the boss?

That's got to be the worst special forces team I've ever heard of.

epronovost

How do you rape a woman and leave her a virgin?

The same way you make her pregnant and leave her a virgin I would say? Now, if whatever God has done to her can be considered a sexual activity, then it could be considered rape