• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Jesus abused by his father?

Given the story about Christ and that he was purposely sent to Earth to die and be crucified, would that not make Jesus an abused son and God an abuser?

The early Christians understood that Jesus was killed by Satan. Satan was trying to stamp out the hope of humankind by ridding them of the promised King. However, he did not realize that in doing this he was indirectly playing into his own demise.

"None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory." - 1 Cor 2:8

I also agree with what was previously said. Jesus was the "Word" of God incarnate so it was really a self sacrifice. It was the single most amazing demonstration of sacrificial love this world has ever known... That the innocent voluntarily died for the sake of those who abused him.

I

rrobs

The early Christians understood that Jesus was killed by Satan. Satan was trying to stamp out the hope of humankind by ridding them of the promised King. However, he did not realize that in doing this he was indirectly playing into his own demise.

"None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory." - 1 Cor 2:8

I also agree with what was previously said. Jesus was the "Word" of God incarnate so it was really a self sacrifice. It was the single most amazing demonstration of sacrificial love this world has ever known... That the innocent voluntarily died for the sake of those who abused him.

I
I always like 1 Cor 2:8. The thing the devil didn't know was called the mystery (verse 7). Romans 16:25 and Ephesians 3:9 say it was hidden in God from before the creation of the world.

The context of 1 Cor 2:8 is that Paul could only speak about Jesus Christ and him crucified (1 Cor 2:1). In 1 Cor 3:1-2 Paul said they could only handle milk, not meat. That is because they were carnal (v 3). In 1 Cor 2:6-7 we learn that the meat they couldn't handle was the mystery.

So if not knowing the mystery means many are carnal, only able to handle milk, no meat, it seems important to know what the mystery is that Paul spoke about. A lack of understanding of the mystery is precisely why the church is so divided. I think there are at least 2,000 denominations. Yikes! It's time to figure it out and teach it so we can all be of the same mind God so often exhorts us to be.

Kelly of the Phoenix

I personally love when people say that Jesus voluntarily dies like the romans asked him politely to pretty please with sugar on top to agree to be tortured and executed.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Given the story about Christ and that he was purposely sent to Earth to die and be crucified, would that not make Jesus an abused son and God an abuser?

Yea?

Nay?

God does not interfere.

Jesus had to experience human life so He could adequately judge humans. Jesus determines whether beings ascend to heaven or not. He also had to awaken the sleeping survivors and allow them to ascend but not until He had completed His earth mission.

So, Jesus had to die, because His job is on a higher universal plane but Jesus did not have to die by crucifixion. He chose to allow that to happen because Lucifer had started a rebellion and Lucifer was claiming that Jesus was unproven and a cowardly leader.

Also, the angels have a law that says angels will not harm a being that has a soul, even if the being is very bad. So, for angels, if they ever get trapped by a human (very unlikely but possible in the future when we will have more abilities) they must endure it. So, Jesus, the Master of All Angels, was following angelic law and allowed the humans to crucify Him.