• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Adolf ****ler the Antichrist?

I personally dont believe in an Antichrist but if there ever was one he has already been and gone. Adolf ****ler went blind in one eye like the dark dajjal, he persecuted and murdered 6 million Jews. He created his own religion with him as God. Its awhile since I have read the bible, but there are so many parallels between adolf ****ler and the Antichrist. I mean the organisation of the beast could have been the Nazi party. It is said the Antichrist will rule for a time and half a time, well ****ler oppressed Europe for a few years while carrying out many atrocities. All I am saying is please stop saying the Muslims worship the devil and a Muslim leader will be the devil or nonsense like Obama is the Antichrist, because if there is an Antichrist he has been and gone. Move forward and look forward to the reign of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ!

Muslims if you are looking forward to an Imam al Mahdi he might have been and gone, just look at the life of Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King Jr (he fought a peaceful war against racial oppression which is fighting against adolf ****lers legacy of racial oppression), I will save that debate for another topic.

I am not adamant on Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. being the Imam al Mahdi but I am adamant on adolf hitler being the Antichrist if such a thing exists.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
No such person, however Adolf's party was a representation of Babylon and Egypt. It could have returned Europe to a similar ancient system. If they had succeeded we'd probably still be at war with Europe right now, but the Nazis went to war against too many enemies at once. They were not able to sustain their campaign and lost. They also managed to embody the concept of evil to such an extent that we all hate to imagine that humans are capable of doing it. We like to think its impossible, that shocking behavior like that is just a fluke; and it is convenient to make excuses.

DavidFirth

Taking Scriptural references as a whole, it may be concluded that while the concept of antichrist can apply to many people and anti-god movements of the past and the future, there is reasonable justification for expecting this to culminate in a single person who will be the antichrist and who will be destroyed by Christ at His Second Coming. This person will be antichrist theologically as he claims to be God himself; he will be antichrist politically as he will attempt to rule the world. He will be antichrist satanically because he will prosper on satanic power, much as Christ manifested the power of God. In many respects the future antichrist will be to Satan what Christ is to God the Father, and the supporting false prophet of Revelation 13:11-18 will fulfill a role similar to that of the Holy Spirit, justifying the concept of an unholy trinity composed of Satan, the antichrist and the false prophet.

Antichrist - Encyclopedia of The Bible - Bible Gateway

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
No. The Antichrist figure in Revelation is a metaphor for Emperor Nero. It was a screed against Rome. There's lots of material like that in the Bible. It's addressing the social situation of the era it was written in.

DavidFirth

Some of the things John describes in Revelations couldn't be from Nero's time so that explanation doesn't fit.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Below is what the bible says about the anti-christ (if you aren't only requesting a response from the muslim perspective):

1 John 2:18: Children, it is the last hour, and just as you heard that the antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have appeared. We know from this that it is the last hour.

1 John 2:22: Who is the liar but the person who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This one is the antichrist: the person who denies the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3: but every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God, and this is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming, and now is already in the world.

2 John 1:7: For many deceivers have gone out into the world, people who do not confess Jesus as Christ coming in the flesh. This person is the deceiver and the antichrist!

So, if Adolf denied that Jesus is the Christ, denied both the father and the son, did not confess that Jesus is the Christ who came in the flesh and denied that Jesus is from God then he was an anti-christ according to the bible.

Hopefully I am not missing a few scriptures on this.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I don't believe in one person being an 'anti-Christ'. What I do believe in are forces in the universe that resist the message of the Christ/Avatar which to me reached a peak during WWII and the Cold War.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
No, I don't know any Christians who believe that.
Many scholars do and that's how it's presented in Catholic biblical commentary. Probably Orthodox Christian, too, since Catholics and the Orthodox are the most similar to each other in terms of belief. It's pretty much just pre-Tribulation Millenialist Evangelicals who really focus on the anti-Christ as a single person who will strive to rule the world and represent some inverted Trinity like in the Left Behind series.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Many scholars do and that's how it's presented in Catholic biblical commentary. Probably Orthodox Christian, too, since Catholics and the Orthodox are the most similar to each other in terms of belief. It's pretty much just pre-Tribulation Millenialist Evangelicals who really focus on the anti-Christ as a single person who will strive to rule the world and represent some inverted Trinity like in the Left Behind series.

Do you know why they don't consider the anti-christ to be many individuals? Since the qualities of the antichrist that the scriptures provide seem to indicate that it is many people since many would be considered to have those qualities. The Beast etc would obviously be AN antichrist but not necessarily the only one.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Do you know why they don't consider the anti-christ to be many individuals? Since the qualities of the antichrist that the scriptures provide seem to indicate that it is many people since many would be considered to have those qualities. The Beast etc would obviously be AN antichrist but not necessarily the only one.
Because they tend to interpret some parts of Revelation as discussing future events and take it as being more literal. This is somewhat of a new view in Christian theological history.
Premillennialism - Wikipedia

DavidFirth

No, you're wrong. Most Christians believe the anti-Christ spoken of in Revelations is yet to come. The RCC does not teach that Nero was the anti-Christ.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Because they tend to interpret some parts of Revelation as discussing future events and take it as being more literal. This is somewhat of a new view in Christian theological history.
Premillennialism - Wikipedia

I would also be considered to be a millenialist, since I do believe in Christ ruling for 1000 years and all that. (Not too literally though). But since 1 John 2:18 says that many antichrists already appeared at that time (so the antichrist already existed) and the others stated that a person who denies Jesus as the Christ is the antichrist, I don't understand how they could consider the antichrist could be just one person unless they weren't taking these scriptures into account. So the beast would be an antichrist, maybe the main one, but not the only antichrist.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
No, you're wrong. Most Christians believe the anti-Christ spoken of in Revelations is yet to come. The RCC does not teach that Nero was the anti-Christ.

Does the RCC have an idea of who the antichrist is? (I know that a few denominations consider them to be the antichrist or the beast or both. Maybe even the harlot riding the beast.)

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
No, you're wrong. Most Christians believe the anti-Christ spoken of in Revelations is yet to come.
Survey?
The RCC does not teach that Nero was the anti-Christ.
Catholic scholars and theologians tend to agree that's who was being referred to in Revelation. Catholic Bibles point that out in commentary.

The Catholic Church typically teaches partial pretetism, that some or most of Revelation has already happened or has been occurring since Christ's Ascension. It is amillenialist, meaning that the Church teaches that the Church is the Kingdom of God on earth and there is no literal 1,000 year reign of Christ on the earth like Evangelicals and JWs teach. The 1,000 years is viewed as metaphorical. The anti-Christ may be more understood as a system of things or views or actions that individuals may hold or do that are contrary to the Gospel of Christ. For example, free market capitalism and consumerism could be viewed as anti-Christ. It's not taken literally as a singular person.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Does the RCC have an idea of who the antichrist is? (I know that a few denominations consider them to be the antichrist or the beast or both. Maybe even the harlot riding the beast.)
It's more of a what rather than a definite who, like I pointed out in my post above.

Who cares what anti-Catholic groups think. The harlot was referring to pagan Rome.

DavidFirth

Survey?

Catholic scholars and theologians tend to agree that's who was being referred to in Revelation. Catholic Bibles point that out in commentary.

The Catholic Church typically teaches partial pretetism, that some or most of Revelation has already happened or has been occurring since Christ's Acsension. It is amillenialist, meaning that the Church teaches that the Church is the Kingdom of God on earth and there is no literal 1,000 year reign of Christ on the earth like Evangelicals and JWs teach. The 1,000 years is viewed as metaphorical. The anti-Christ may be more understood as a system of things or views or actions that individuals may hold or do that are contrary to the Gospel of Christ. For example, free market capitalism and consumerism could be viewed as anti-Christ. It's not taken literally as a singular person.

That entire post is pretty much BS.