• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Adolf ****ler the Antichrist?

DavidFirth

No, it doesn't. Not if you know how to generally interpret things and how it falls together. I explained that in my post above.

You have interpreted it incorrectly. I would think you had approached it with preconceived ideas and went from there. You can't do that with the word of God.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
No, you're wrong. That's what you think and what whoever wrote your commentary thinks. They're just flat wrong and so are you.

Pray and study Revelations. Don't trust what any man says about it.
So you don't really have anything to say. You were just wrong about what Catholicism teaches about it. It's okay to be wrong, you know.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Prayer and more study is needed and advised. God will reveal the truth to you in the Holy Spirit. Just pray and believe, trusting in God with your faith to reveal the truth to you.

Either believe scripture or believe what God Himself reveals to you as truth. Never trust any man. Always check what men say against God's word.

I have done all these things and the understanding in my previous response is my conclusion. Now you said that I shouldn't trust man. The concept of the antichrist in the bible comes from the books 1 and 2 John, not The book of Revelation. Antichrist is only mentioned in those books. Would you not consider 1 John and 2 John to be scripture?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
You have interpreted it incorrectly. I would think you had approached it with preconceived ideas and went from there. You can't do that with the word of God.
I didn't interpret anything. I just told you the Church's interpretation of it. Catholics don't make up their own views in these things. The first question a Catholic should ask is what the Church teaches on a given subject, look it up and go from there.

DavidFirth

So you don't really have anything to say. You were just wrong about what Catholicism teaches about it. It's okay to be wrong, you know.

"Catholicism" isn't what Rome teaches and it can't be summed up in a short document like the Vatican tries to do. As I explained, different Catholics believe and teach different things. You should know that.

What you posted may be the general theme of what the Vatican believes but it isn't the word of God and doesn't purport itself to be.

DavidFirth

I have done all these things and the understanding in my previous response is my conclusion. Now you said that I shouldn't trust man. The concept of the antichrist in the bible comes from the books 1 and 2 John, not The book of Revelation. Antichrist is only mentioned in those books. Would you not consider 1 John and 2 John to be scripture?

Of course it is. You aren't suggesting that the 3 books contradict each other, are you?

The anti-Christ isn't a concept. It is a real thing.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
"Catholicism" isn't what Rome teaches and it can't be summed up in a short document like the Vatican tries to do. As I explained, different Catholics believe and teach different things. You should know that.

What you posted may be the general theme of what the Vatican believes but it isn't the word of God and doesn't purport itself to be.
That's just anti-Catholic nonsense. I'm not a Protestant so that doesn't work with me.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
No because nobody can beat the beast in war. "Who can make war with the beast" but in the 11th hour when all hope is gone and few men are left Jesus destroys the beast and resurrects the dead, some to eternal life and some to eternal condemnation. I do not get the impression that has happened yet.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Of course it is. You aren't suggesting that the 3 books contradict each other, are you?

The anti-Christ isn't a concept. It is a real thing.

I agree with you on that. Those scriptures don't contradict eachother. Revelation doesn't contradict 1 and 2 John because it never mentions "Antichrist" being one person. It never mentions the word Antichrist at all. These are the scriptures that explicitly mention "Antichrist":

1 John 2:18: Children, it is the last hour, and just as you heard that the antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have appeared. We know from this that it is the last hour.

1 John 2:22: Who is the liar but the person who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This one is the antichrist: the person who denies the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3: but every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God, and this is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming, and now is already in the world.

2 John 1:7: For many deceivers have gone out into the world, people who do not confess Jesus as Christ coming in the flesh. This person is the deceiver and the antichrist!

So what do you make of 1 John 2:18 where it says "many antichrists" for instance?

David1967

Premium Member
Sure, Catholics may have different views on it but they don't necessarily line up with what the scholars and theologians teach about it. A lot of Catholics don't even know what the Church teaches, especially cradle Catholics.

The Catechism on the End Times

If you'll notice, the Catechism rebukes the belief of millenialism in both religious and secular forms. The anti-Christ is not referred to as a singular person there, either.

Thanks for the link Frank. That is very informative.

David1967

Premium Member

Thank you for correctly calling it the book of "Revelation", and not "Revelations."

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Thank you for correctly calling it the book of "Revelation", and not "Revelations."

Saying "Revelations" is an old habit. Please for the sake of Godly truth give me a digital backhand the next time I refer to the Book of Revelation as revelations.

You guys are all highly intelligent, however could you start brainstorming with me the similarities between adolf and the Antichrist? There are so many similarities I don't want to state them all, as I want other people to realise what I am talking about by comparing biblical scripture to adolf.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
You guys are all highly intelligent, however could you start brainstorming with me the similarities between adolf and the Antichrist? There are so many similarities I don't want to state them all, as I want other people to realise what I am talking about by comparing biblical scripture to adolf.

There are loads of similarities between Adolf and the Antichrist I'm sure. And as I see Antichrist as a term used for many people it would fit others as well. I imagine that you are using the term Antichrist from an Islamic perspective? I can only provide you with understanding from a Biblical perspective if that is something you accept.

There are loads of similarities between Adolf and the Antichrist I'm sure. And as I see Antichrist as a term used for many people it would fit others as well. I imagine that you are using the term Antichrist from an Islamic perspective? I can only provide you with understanding from a Biblical perspective if that is something you accept.

I do. I know John says the spirit of the Antichrist is alive in the world today, but he does suggest there will be an individual or figure. I cant understand how people can be waiting for an Antichrist I am 99% certain wont come, when there are 2 obvious figures in history? Nero and ****ler, with ****ler being much more obvious than Nero...

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
I do. I know John says the spirit of the Antichrist is alive in the world today, but he does suggest there will be an individual or figure. I cant understand how people can be waiting for an Antichrist I am 99% certain wont come, when there are 2 obvious figures in history? Nero and ****ler, with ****ler being much more obvious than Nero...

OK. Based on the biblical scriptures how do they qualify as the main Antichrist?

David1967

Premium Member
Saying "Revelations" is an old habit. Please for the sake of Godly truth give me a digital backhand the next time I refer to the Book of Revelation as revelations.

No backhands from me, digital or otherwise. I'm from the south where you would probably get people arguing that it was indeed the "Revelations" of ST. John. :)