• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wanted to be muslim but...

MartyrX

Salaam Huey09,

I can understand what you're going through. I have my own issues with some of the Hadiths and I wonder about their reliability. I was reading a book by imam Feisal Abdul Rauf and he was saying that if something contradicts the Quran than it can't possibly be correct.

Huey09

He who struggles with God
Thank you. Out of the many abrahamic religions islam has a interesting place in my mind and heart. But with all this disagreement I really don't want to deal with converting and then being call Kafur like I was when I questioned the hadith. If anything sufism or quranist sounds nice, But Sunni and Shi'a no offense but it's like protestants versus the catholics. Nobody wins and I don't think God is happy :/

Dingbat

Still...the paradox stands for me. If God knows you will go to hell why does he not intervene? Why would a creator let his creation suffer for an eternity if he could prevent it?

I have always taken the fact that it isn't unbelievers specifically that go to hell but rather believers who turn against God. Then again only God can judge the intent of a human being not anyone here.

Huey09

And you my friend seems to have the purest form of God's will. My I think the same thing but add that those that would go to hell or someplace like it are those who stand against what God. People such as Many dictators, serial killers, Rapists. the list, sadly goes on...

MartyrX

Thank you. Out of the many abrahamic religions islam has a interesting place in my mind and heart. But with all this disagreement I really don't want to deal with converting and then being call Kafur like I was when I questioned the hadith. If anything sufism or quranist sounds nice, But Sunni and Shi'a no offense but it's like protestants versus the catholics. Nobody wins and I don't think God is happy :/

You don't have to be a Sunni or a Shia to be a Muslim. You only need to submit to Allah which is what the meaning of a Muslim. To submit oneself to Allah. Which I think you know.

Huey09

Yes but all you get these days is that If you don't follow a group's rules you're not muslim. And not to be critical but I live with an all christian family. why would I convert just to be shunned by other muslims. Hence why I'm just theist...well that and other issues with organized faiths

Union

There is no verse among which you had presented show us whether if god knows if a person will die as a believer or disbeliever,bad or good from the day he born.

But talking about richness,yes god knows,not only knows but even done according to his will,no one can be the richest on this world because he wanted to be so,but that was according to god's will,not depending on ones talent or how hard he work.

talking about at what age ones will die,no one know,but god,that is in the knowledge and will of god and not in our knowledge.

things that may happen on heaven and earth,such as to say that a devastating earthquake will destroy California by tomorrow morning,then that is in god's knowledge and not ours,many many examples which show us how god knows about the future which we can't of course know.

But to say that god knows the disbeliever from the date he born,there is no a single verse saying so.how easy it is to say such a thing in one verse,but i am sure that there is none.

I really fail to grasp what you are trying to say . Can you put it simply , thanks .

Union

Yes but all you get these days is that If you don't follow a group's rules you're not muslim. And not to be critical but I live with an all christian family. why would I convert just to be shunned by other muslims. Hence why I'm just theist...well that and other issues with organized faiths

Can't you just simply start studying Qur'an in your study table ? Take that stress of conversation from your mind into the bin for now ....

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I really fail to grasp what you are trying to say . Can you put it simply , thanks .

i can make it as simple as this.

No one can know himself to be rich or poor,but god knows.
it is god's fate,we should believe it and accept
what god had written to us whether rich or poor.

No one know where he will die and at what age,we should believe also that such things are planned already by god.

But the test is how we will act and react during our life on earth,that is our choice,to go straight or astray.

in other words i didn't find any evidence which says that god knows everyone from the day he born whether to be in heaven or hell,if so,then why there is a test,if god already knows us before we came to life,then there is no need to send us to earth for the test.

as i said god knows a lot of things about us which is already planned by him,but how we will act,will we follow the satan or reject him,that is left to us as our free will given to us by god,god can make all of us believers,but he created us in different way than angels that we have the free will.

That is just what i believe.

Huey09

i can make it as simple as this.

No one can know himself to be rich or poor,but god knows.
it is god's fate,we should believe it and accept
what god had written to us whether rich or poor.

No one know where he will die and at what age,we should believe also that such things are planned already by god.

But the test is how we will act and react during our life on earth,that is our choice,to go straight or astray.

in other words i didn't find any evidence which says that god knows everyone from the day he born whether to be in heaven or hell,if so,then why there is a test,if god already knows us before we came to life,then there is no need to send us to earth for the test.

as i said god knows a lot of things about us which is already planned by him,but how we will act,will we follow the satan or reject him,that is left to us as our free will given to us by god,god can make all of us believers,but he created us in different way than angels that we have the free will.

That is just what i believe.

And I agree whole heartedly:clap

mar22

Hi, I'm a Muslim and I feel the same way.

The Quran is protected by Allah and will never be changed. The five pillars of Islam is clear. I also reject some hadith. There is something in Islam, if something feels wrong in your heart, then it is. I can't really explain this in words because it's only a thing you will understand once you become a Muslim and follow the five pillars.

They are:
Belief in the La Ilaha Illallah
Prayer Five times
Fasting in Ramadan
Hajj (Pilgrimage) when one can afford it
And Charity of your savings 2.5% to the poor once a year if applicable

No where does it say above that you have to follow hadith. I reject a lot of hadith because it goes against the Quran and it was compiled mearly by a man whom was not chosen by God himself. There are some hadith that I believe because it does not contradict the quran. For example, using garlic as healing, using miswak as health benefits, using honey for healing. Things like this.

There are absurd and bizarre hadiths that i believe are made up like the 72 virgins fabricated hadith. These are all to give Islam a bad name. The only way they can corrupt Islam is by fabricating hadiths.

So she is WRONG. You CAN be a Muslim and not believe in some hadiths. The Quran says follow the way of the messenger, that is the way he did things, like prayed, used honey his way of life. Not what he narrated about things BECAUSE we were not there to hear it so we cant be for sure if he said it or not. Plus if it feels wrong it mostly is.

Pink Top Hat

I came to islam's light at the end of senoir year in high school. Now living down south in the US there's not a large amount of muslim running around giving advice. however as soon as I found a sunni muslimilah who was my professor. (I call her umi since she treats me like her son). But once I was introduce to haidth, something didn't feel right. When I told her I couldn't accept haidth she sadly said I couldn't be muslim. Please tell me is this common? Have any of you expericence something like it? And if so how do I live as a muslim shunned by other muslims?

hadith are man made and collected 200 years after the prophet. Bukhari trashed over 90% of them. He should have trashed all of them.

Your ummi is wrong.

Follow your logic and what Allah tells you in the Quran.

Just because the majority follow something does not make it the right path.

A show of hands at the security council meeting does not make the majority right, legal or ethical.

Pink Top Hat

I'm not Muslim either, but may I ask why you do not trust the hadith? Is it all hadith, or just some -- and why? :)

The Quran is explicit in why you should only follow Quran

"These are God's revelations that We recite to you truthfully. In which hadith other than God and His revelations do they believe?" 45:6

"Shall I seek other than God as a source of law, when He has revealed to you this book fully detailed?" 6:114

Rational_Mind

Ahmadi Muslim
The Quran is explicit in why you should only follow Quran

"These are God's revelations that We recite to you truthfully. In which hadith other than God and His revelations do they believe?" 45:6

"Shall I seek other than God as a source of law, when He has revealed to you this book fully detailed?" 6:114

The word Hadith does not mean what you may be implying here.

This verse is stating to only believe in the word of God and do not believe in things that are against the word of God. With all translations of the words it only seems to suggest along these lines but not what you may have accidentally implied here.

Rational_Mind

Ahmadi Muslim
hadith are man made and collected 200 years after the prophet. Bukhari trashed over 90% of them. He should have trashed all of them.

Your ummi is wrong.

Follow your logic and what Allah tells you in the Quran.

Just because the majority follow something does not make it the right path.

A show of hands at the security council meeting does not make the majority right, legal or ethical.

This is faulty logic my friend. I have to present only one valid Hadith to make a statement that not all Hadith are falsified. Before you present your argument please proceed to prove each and every Hadith false or do it systematically to prove your point. Moreover, just because majority are using Hadith in a terrible manner does not suggest that they cannot be used a better way.

Pink Top Hat

The word Hadith does not mean what you may be implying here.

This verse is stating to only believe in the word of God and do not believe in things that are against the word of God. With all translations of the words it only seems to suggest along these lines but not what you may have accidentally implied here.

The revelations are the Quran.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
This is faulty logic my friend. I have to present only one valid Hadith to make a statement that not all Hadith are falsified. Before you present your argument please proceed to prove each and every Hadith false or do it systematically to prove your point. Moreover, just because majority are using Hadith in a terrible manner does not suggest that they cannot be used a better way.

Here's the problem with Hadith: how do we know which are legit and which aren't? I know all about the "science of hadith" and all these wonderful "scholars", but the Qur'an is unchanged; the same can't be said about Hadith.

Pink Top Hat

Here's the problem with Hadith: how do we know which are legit and which aren't? I know all about the "science of hadith" and all these wonderful "scholars", but the Qur'an is unchanged; the same can't be said about Hadith.

Hadith in Arabic means a statement or statements which is ahaddith plural

In Arabic I can make a hadith, a statement

The verse is clear

Pink Top Hat

safest is to ignore man made hadith and follow the Quran