• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

want to share your favorite quotes with me?

davidthegreek

Here are a few of my favorite:

"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
Oscar Wilde

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
Oscar Wilde

"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."
Oscar Wilde

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation. "
Oscar Wilde

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
Oscar Wilde

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
The Lord of the Rings:
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends." - Gandalf the Grey

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - Gimli

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." - Galadriel

The Wizard of Oz:
"How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?" - Dorothy
"I don't know. But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." - Scarecrow

The Golden Girls:
Blanche: I don't mind Clayton being homosexual, I just don't like him dating men!
Dorothy: You haven't quite grasped the concept of this gay thing, have you?
Blanche: Well there must be homosexuals that date women.
Sophia: Yeah, they're called lesbians.

Wirey

Fartist
My old boss:

"How the f%^$ am I supposed to get dog crap out of my car seat?"

I'll tell the story later. It's really gross.

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
"Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet" -Bob Marley

"Live for yourself and you live in vain. Life for others and live again" -'Pass it On', The Wailers

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
Be the change you want to see in the world. -Mahatma Gandhi

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission. -Eleanor Roosevelt

There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. -Elie Wiesel

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people. -Abraham Heschel[/FONT]

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
The "What is your excuse for not becoming Batman" thread make me think of this one:

Rabbi Zusha used to say: “When I die and come before the heavenly court, if they ask me, ‘Zusha, why were you not Abraham?’ I’ll say that I didn’t have Abraham’s intellectual abilities. If they say, ‘Why were you not Moses?’ I’ll say I didn’t have Moses’ leadership abilities. For every such question, I’ll have an answer. But if they say, ‘Zusha, why were you not Zusha?’ for that, I’ll have no answer.”

WyattDerp

"The reason we don't live in a dungeon is because people have joined together to change things." -- Noam Chomsky

"It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace." -- Chuck Palahniuk

"Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" -- Mary Anne Radmacher

"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." -- Fred Rogers

"We need not to be let alone. We need to be really bothered once in a while. How long is it since you were really bothered? About something important, about something real?" -- Ray Bradbury

Me Myself

Back to my username
The "What is your excuse for not becoming Batman" thread make me think of this one:

Rabbi Zusha used to say: “When I die and come before the heavenly court, if they ask me, ‘Zusha, why were you not Abraham?’ I’ll say that I didn’t have Abraham’s intellectual abilities. If they say, ‘Why were you not Moses?’ I’ll say I didn’t have Moses’ leadership abilities. For every such question, I’ll have an answer. But if they say, ‘Zusha, why were you not Zusha?’ for that, I’ll have no answer.”

Now I want to frubal you for this too :eek:

Me Myself

Back to my username
"Above all, love me when I least diserve it, for it is when I must,need it" - chinese proverb

"Hate is not quelled with hate. Hate fuels hate. Thus, quell hate with loving kindness" buddha ( apologize for the very likely wild paraphrasing :D )

"Know thyself" inscription at some greek temple, was it delphos? Was it a,temple to Athena? i dont remember.

"Take the log out of your eye, so you can help your brother take the twig out of his"

"An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind" granny Flash (okay, I am sure she wasnt e first, but I dont know who was :D

"Have you ever thought of how big is the universe and felt incredibly small? ... Me neither " a card from those aces that sell cards :D

"Loving,kindness is like a fire. When a candle lights another one, it does not lose its brightness. So too is loving kindness " Buddha (and again, paraphrasing)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
"That's not right. It's not even wrong!" (translation from German) Wolfgang Pauli
"Sh** happens." Forest Gump
"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." Gen Geo S Patton
"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai
" Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or fu***** beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back. " Al Swearengen (Deadwood)
"Get away from her, you bi***!" Warrant officer Ripley (Aliens)
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bas**** die for his." Gen Patton again

Last edited:

Horrorble

"... It was those fine gentlemen who paid down their sovereigns to poke and pry at us who were the unnatural ones, not we. For what is "natural" and "unnatural", sir? The mould in which the human form is cast is exceedingly fragile. Give it the slightest tap with your finger and it breaks." Angela Carter-Nights at the Circus

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
"No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn"
- Jim Morrison

"The one place gods inarguably exist is in the human mind"
- Alan Moore

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you"
- Gandalf

"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make got a chicken"
- Tyler Durden

WyattDerp

Just saw this, fell in love instantly.
Sophie Scholl said:
The real damage is done by those millions who want to 'survive.' The honest men who just want to be left in peace. Those who don’t want their little lives disturbed by anything bigger than themselves. Those with no sides and no causes. Those who won’t take measure of their own strength, for fear of antagonizing their own weakness. Those who don’t like to make waves—or enemies. Those for whom freedom, honour, truth, and principles are only literature. Those who live small, mate small, die small. It’s the reductionist approach to life: if you keep it small, you’ll keep it under control. If you don’t make any noise, the bogeyman won’t find you. But it’s all an illusion, because they die too, those people who roll up their spirits into tiny little balls so as to be safe. Safe?! From what? Life is always on the edge of death; narrow streets lead to the same place as wide avenues, and a little candle burns itself out just like a flaming torch does. I choose my own way to burn.