• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vote

Daemon Sophic

That is all
Hear, Hear!!

5a81cbc2d030729f008b457d-750-563.jpg

Elections belong to the people. It's their decision. If they decide to turn their back on the fire and burn their behinds, then they will just have to sit on their blisters.”
― Abraham Lincoln

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
Couldn't make it this time around, they sure make it difficult for American citizens not in America.

Daemon Sophic

Everyone who can vote, should vote, regardless of which candidates they vote for.
While good and true, the more people that come out to vote historically yields higher rates of more progressive thinking winning the day.
This probably has to do with working class people as well as younger workers and students having a harder time getting to polls than the wealthy and/or retired conservative types. Low turnout yields conservatism, not the will of the majority.

P.S. - I voted. Have you?

David1967

Premium Member
The history of voter apathy in the USA is very discouraging.

I can't speak for other states, but Oklahoma is having a record turnout today. The Governors race is too close to call. It's between a man with decades of credible public service and a big businessman who has nothing to run on except saying he is an outsider..... Can't believe its so close.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I struggle to believe how difficult it is to vote in the US compared to the UK.

In the UK...
Annually, all houses / properties receive a form from the local council asking you to confirm/change who lives at the property. You are then put on the voting register. You will then receive a polling card automatically about a fortnight before all elections..
We can request postal votes.
Most polling stations in urban areas are in walking distance of everyone, less so in rural areas. Last time I voted, I left my house, walked about 300-yds, confirmed who I was, put a 'x' on the form and was back home in less than 10-minutes
The only time we have queues is when the polls are shutting and people have miscalculated the timing of being on the last moment.

It's harder to not be on the voting register.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I struggle to believe how difficult it is to vote in the US compared to the UK.

In the UK...
Annually, all houses / properties receive a form from the local council asking you to confirm/change who lives at the property. You are then put on the voting register. You will then receive a polling card automatically about a fortnight before all elections..
We can request postal votes.
Most polling stations in urban areas are in walking distance of everyone, less so in rural areas. Last time I voted, I left my house, walked about 300-yds, confirmed who I was, put a 'x' on the form and was back home in less than 10-minutes
The only time we have queues is when the polls are shutting and people have miscalculated the timing of being on the last moment.

It's harder to not be on the voting register.
Everyone I know finds voting easy as pie.
But I know that's it difficult for some, eg, Amerindians who don't have a street address.