• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Victims of Communism

Audie

Veteran Member
Pick on China, and lets see where it goes.

Shall we proceed to the horrors inflicted by the USA
in the name of capitalism?

Here is one set-you know the store, "Banana Republic"?

Perhaps you know where the term came from?

United fruit, the marines, governments overthrown,
and the resulting chaos that now has all those
tragic people streaming north in the hopes of a life
in the land that destroyed theirs?

Heard of any of that?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Our species tends to suck when given much power over others of our species. Sometimes we're worse, sometimes we're better, but we usually suck. Ain't no president of the US ever not to have blood on his hands.

Communism though is far from being the best system in most cases.

Audie

Veteran Member
Our species tends to suck when given much power over others of our species. Sometimes we're worse, sometimes we're better, but we usually suck. Ain't no president of the US ever not to have blood on his hands.

To be stylistically consistent, you should say-

Aint no president of the US never didnt have blood on his hand's.

Heard of any of that?

Seems like a bit of whataboutism. There is a question of scale.

Mao was a truly vile character and he does have rather a lot more blood on his hand than the average tyrant.

exchemist

Veteran Member

Heard of any of that?
I don't think the USA can compete with the tens of millions killed by Mao's Great Leap Forward.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I don't think the USA can compete with the tens of millions killed by Mao's Great Leap Forward.

Maybe not in terms of killing it's own citizens, but the death toll of people killed in America's wars of aggression is somewhere in the multiple millions. We don't have Mao's body count, but then we've got a greater body count than most of us know about.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Maybe not in terms of killing it's own citizens, but the death toll of people killed in America's wars of aggression is somewhere in the multiple millions.
What numbers do you have for this? From what I read the great famine in China killed between 30 and 50 million. I find it hard to imagine that America's wars of aggression can possibly have killed a tenth of that number, but I admit I have not studied it so would be interested to see what figures you get and how they are made up.

Audie

Veteran Member
Seems like a bit of whataboutism. There is a question of scale.

Mao was a truly vile character and he does have rather a lot more blood on his hand than the average tyrant.

Of course it is whataboutism.

But it was also, picking on China.

Mao is long dead of course, but,
interestingly, I have an uncle, who
was so involved, he cannot give it up.
Dont ever get him started!!!

Mox

Dr Green Fingers
Comparing the 'evils' of state communism with the 'evils' of unfettered capitalism is silly, they are both undesirable, obviously. They are both systems that fail.

As for modern China, a hybrid communist capitalist one party state, yes it is oppressive and murderous.

Not to mention that China is the nation on Earth that is primarily responsible for most endangered species, being endangered, thanks to the disgusting practices of Chinese Medicine and their utter contempt for environmental protections. Which from my environmentalist point of view, marks them as the most serious of human threats to the natural world.

I couldnt despise the Chinese government more, I truly hope we are not forced into trade deals with China when we leave the EU. We want nothing to do with that human rights abusing nation.

I will not buy any goods that come from China, and they are not permitted in my home. I encourage all westerners to boycott Chinese products.

Get lost China, keep your nasty cheap knock off crap. :)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
What numbers do you have for this? From what I read the great famine in China killed between 30 and 50 million. I find it hard to imagine that America's wars of aggression can possibly have killed a tenth of that number, but I admit I have not studied it so would be interested to see what figures you get and how they are made up.

I'm not claiming we rival Mao. We don't even come close to him. But so many Americans seem to me under the impression the US is some kind of unsullied virgin when it comes to killing millions. Last I heard, we killed four million Vietnamese civilians alone.

Reactions: Mox

Sanzbir

Heard of any of that?

Do you say the same things when people speak of the horrors of fascism??

When someone explains how terrible it was to live in Nazi Germany do you deflect with "Well the US is pretty bad too."??

I just find it odd.

If I was to describe my ancestors journey through Nazi Germany and their hardships in the camps and how bad that was, people will silently and sagely nod.

However, were I to talk about those same ancestors when they suffered under the Soviets rather than the Nazis, well, I see posts like this bringing up other atrocities of other nations as if relevant.

It's just baffling to me, perhaps because my family suffered under both fascists and communists, that talking about half of their experience receives only support and validation, but talking about the other half of their experience generates deflection or apologia.

And undoubtedly America has done terrible things. And continues to do terrible things. That is unquestionable in my eyes. But does it somehow excuse, say, the genocide of 40% of the Kazakh people?? No?? Then why bring it up??

Audie

Veteran Member
Comparing the 'evils' of state communism with the 'evils' of unfettered capitalism is silly, they are both undesirable, obviously. They are both systems that fail.

As for modern China, a hybrid communist capitalist one party state, yes it is oppressive and murderous.

Not to mention China is the nation on Earth that is primarily responsible for most endangered species, being endangered, thanks to the disgusting practices of Chinese Medicine and their utter contempt for environmental protections. Which from my environmentalist point of view, marks them as the most serious of human threats to the natural world.

I couldnt despise the Chinese government more, I truly hope we are not forced into trade deals with China when we leave the EU. We want nothing to do with that human rights abusing nation.

I will not buy any goods that come from China, and they are not permitted in my home. I encourage all westerners to boycott Chinese products.

Get lost China, keep your nasty cheap knock off crap. :)

Sheesh. Guess you would not let me in your house
either.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
For whatever reasons the stories of people victimized by varied communist governments does not get much coverage, and thus we do not fully realize the horrors still being visited upon the people of China, Cuba & other nations.
Here are a few examples, told by those who personally knew what happened:

https://www.victimsofcommunism.org/witnessproject

I think it is a misdirected accusation to use the scapegoat 'communism' as the cause of the suffering. First, most of these governments do not have a truly communist economic system, Second, in history it is cruel dictatorial governments that have various state controlled pyramid economies like 'State Mercantilism.' Third, extreme forms of Nationalism, and regional domination are examples of what may be more a cause of suffering then the economic system.

What some may call a hybrid 'communism/capitalism' in China is State Mercantilism for all the industry, manufacturing, and the large scale distribution of goods. After the Cultural Revolution private ownership was allowed for farms and small businesses,

A little tip of an unknown fact is that probably the most communist of economic systems was the Pan Canal Government of the Panama Canal Zone operated and controlled by the US government. All the property, economy and services were controlled by the Pan Canal Company. Housing, Medical care including the hospital, Commisaries, bowling alleys, movie theaters, and even cars for employees were provided by the Pan Canal Company,

Last edited:

Nicholas

Bodhicitta
Perhaps I am wrong, but it sounds like few if any respondents, so far, have watched the testimonies of the Victims. Generalities are easier to pontificate upon, than hearing the stories of actual people.

Oh - by the way, the Victims testifying are mainly from nations other than China.

Audie

Veteran Member
Do you say the same things when people speak of the horrors of fascism??

When someone explains how terrible it was to live in Nazi Germany do you deflect with "Well the US is pretty bad too."

Then why bring it up??

I am not in favour of horrors inflicted by anyone.

My family was in Hong Kong when the Japanese
arrived. Need I say more?

As for "deflect", I have a different pov than you.

Read the post from "Mox", and you may see
better where my thoughts come from, re bashing
China, while not having such a marvy moral
platform to declaim from.

Audie

Veteran Member
I think it is a misdirected accusation to use the scapegoat 'communism' as the cause of the suffering. First, most of these governments do not have a truly communist economic system, Second, in history it is cruel dictatorial governments that have various state controlled pyramid economies like 'State Mercantilism.' Third, extreme forms of Nationalism, and regional domination are examples of what may be more a cause of suffering then the economic system.

A little tip of an unknown fact is that probably the most communist of economic systems was the Pan Canal Government of the Panama Canal Zone operated and controlled by the US government. All the property, economy and services were controlled by the Pan Canal Company. Housing, Medical care including the hospital, Commisaries, bowling alleys, movie theaters, and even cars for employees were provided by the Pan Canal Company,

Here are some horrors of "communism"