• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Venturing A Prediction

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You're misunderstanding.
No, you misunderstand that Israel is the Jews, and the Jews are gods handpicked, personally chosen people and they are perfect. Except when they are not amd they're disobeying and god's punishing them (like in WWII). But clearly god is on their side this time and in the holy land they will prevail against those misguided and usually evil and always hell bound Muslims.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It was so way out there, it made me chuckle
No, what's way out there is this uncritical exaltation of Israel, as if it could never do any wrong, and ignoring everything that has actually gone on there just to preserve some kooky spooky religious narrative.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
I genuinely feel like the best solution is allowing, and even supporting as many people to leave Gaza as possible. We are talking about around 2 million people. If people unite around this, the size of the conflict will get much much smaller.

Make a deal with Egypt to open it's border, and engage in war if necessary just to keep Hamas from closing it. Then spread the refugees across the world by giving them alternatives. What do you think? @Debater Slayer

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It’s not a straw man. It’s the slam dunk truth. One side is defending itself. The other side wants to eradicate the other. The morality of the situation is crystal clear.
Killing civilians is wrong regardless of who does it, and both sides have their hands stained with innocent blood. It isn't a damned Saturday morning cartoon, where one side are heroes as pure as driven snow, and the other are villains who are simply evil for evil's sake.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No, you misunderstand that Israel is the Jews, and the Jews are gods handpicked, personally chosen people and they are perfect. Except when they are not amd they're disobeying and god's punishing them (like in WWII). But clearly god is on their side this time and in the holy land they will prevail against those misguided and usually evil and always hell bound Muslims.
Thank you.
Religion is so complicated & counter-intuitive for me.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Thank you.
Religion is so complicated & counter-intuitive for me.
I envy the kids/young adults I meet that have no understanding of those things. But I'm also happy for them they don't know. No child (or human of any age) deserves what I was out through.
And an entire life free off it, it certainly must have it's advantages.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Killing civilians is wrong regardless of who does it, and both sides have their hands stained with innocent blood. It isn't a damned Saturday morning cartoon, where one side are heroes as pure as driven snow, and the other are villains who are simply evil for evil's sake.
Nowhere did I say they were heroes. Get a grip. But you raise a good point. As I stated earlier, Hamas celebrates the killing and raping while Israel expresses remorse and regret at the collateral damage. Again, a display of remarkably different morals, a fact many here seem eager to dismiss.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Nowhere did I say they were heroes. Get a grip. But you raise a good point. As I stated earlier, Hamas celebrates the killing and raping while Israel expresses remorse and regret at the collateral damage. Again, a display of remarkably different morals, a fact many here seem eager to dismiss.
you sound like someone that doesn't read the real news at all try watching the BBC coverage, Members of the Israeli government are calling for the eradication of the Palestinians

Heyo

Veteran Member
Israel's intention of targeting civilians hides behind
plausible deniability, ie, they claim missiles attack
Hamas suspected locations knowing full well that
imperfect information inexorably kills many civilians.

Is this killing at a distance of many more civilians
really more moral than Hamas' more personally
intentional killing of fewer civilians?
Hamas not killing as many from a distance is not for lack of trying. It's just that Israel's Iron Dome prevents much of those attempts from succeeding.
Also, I'm pretty sure that Hamas' suspected locations are reasonably precise. You can calculate the complete trajectory of an unguided missile from a part of that trajectory. And Hamas has no qualms to use schools and hospitals as launch sites.

And seeing Israel as the superior force and deducing a moral duty to start peace efforts is ignoring the fact that Hamas isn't alone. Hamas is aided and funded by multiple foreign forces which prefer to stay in the dark. There are just too many actors who prefer this conflict to go on.

Lyndon

Premium Member
Hamas not killing as many from a distance is not for lack of trying. It's just that Israel's Iron Dome prevents much of those attempts from succeeding.
Also, I'm pretty sure that Hamas' suspected locations are reasonably precise. You can calculate the complete trajectory of an unguided missile from a part of that trajectory. And Hamas has no qualms to use schools and hospitals as launch sites.

And seeing Israel as the superior force and deducing a moral duty to start peace efforts is ignoring the fact that Hamas isn't alone. Hamas is aided and funded by multiple foreign forces which prefer to stay in the dark. There are just too many actors who prefer this conflict to go on.
Yes, Israel obviously intends this crisis to go on ad nauseum

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
No.
As long as Israel brutally oppresses Palestinians, there won't be peace.

You're not elaborating on anything.
Nothing to discuss yet.

I didn't see any elaboration here either

I go by history.

What is the mantra of Hamas for the Jewish nation- (The Hebrew for Hamas means violence interestingly enough)
What is the stated goal of Israel for Palestinians?

(As one Palestinian said who has since received Jesus - "I was taught since 3 years old to hate Jewish people and trained to kill them! We want more wives to produce more babies so that we can have more men to kill Jews". No bias, no media outlet, just plain cold hard fact delivered by one who was raised as a muslim.

How many Jewish people seek work or want to live in Palestine?
How many Palestine seek work or want to live in Israel?
Why the difference?

Who spends billions on making tunnels for the expressed purpose to infiltrate and attack another nation instead of helping its people? Who send missiles almost every day to a neighboring country to kill?

Who really oppresses who?

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
No, what's way out there is this uncritical exaltation of Israel, as if it could never do any wrong, and ignoring everything that has actually gone on there just to preserve some kooky spooky religious narrative.

??? And who says all that?

If we were to go to that extreme, it more likely said "No, what's way out there is this uncritical exaltation of Palestine, as if it could never do any wrong, and ignoring everything that has actually gone on there just to preserve some kooky spooky humanistic narrative."

notice one poster: " Israel commits the most war crimes" Really?

Lyndon

Premium Member
Good to see a Christian that hates 1.2 billion of the worlds population, wouldn't want to walk in those shoes

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
??? And who says all that?

U.S. Christian conservatives, the ones who aren't anti-semitic, anyway. Instead of seeing them as just another peoples of the earth; neither better nor worse, they either really love them or really hate them. It's bizarre.

If we were to go to that extreme, it more likely said "No, what's way out there is this uncritical exaltation of Palestine, as if it could never do any wrong, and ignoring everything that has actually gone on there just to preserve some kooky spooky humanistic narrative."
I've suggested no such thing. Torturing and killing innocent civilians - especially children - is never justified. Also, your insertion of humanism is totally random and arbitrary.
notice one poster: " Israel commits the most war crimes" Really?
I don't know about the proportions, but both sides have stained their hands with innocent blood. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Need I remind you of the teachings and examples of Christ?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Yeah, nobody should be trying to defend, excuse, or justify Hamas' actions. But that shouldn't be confused or conflated with support for Palestinian civilians.

Kenny

Premium Member
U.S. Christian conservatives, the ones who aren't anti-semitic, anyway. Instead of seeing them as just another peoples of the earth; neither better nor worse, they either really love them or really hate them. It's bizarre.

I am a US Christian conservative that is not anti-semitic.

It isn't that I don't know that they are just another people of the earth, not better nor worse, it is just that I understand that Israel belongs to Israel. Egypt belongs to Egypt, Syria belongs to Syria and the US belongs to the US.

In my signature, I understand that God loves everyone equally.

I've suggested no such thing. Torturing and killing innocent civilians - especially children - is never justified. Also, your insertion of humanism is totally random and arbitrary.

Yes... my intent was that both statements are totally random and arbitrary and ridiculous

I don't know about the proportions, but both sides have stained their hands with innocent blood. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Need I remind you of the teachings and examples of Christ?

EXACTLY! I think we agree. So what is your point?

Last edited: