• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Utah becomes first state in 2023 to ban gender-affirming care for transgender minors

We Never Know

No Slack
I am almost tempted to make fun of that. Why? It doesn't make much sense and because apparently you think I need your approval.

I'm a born male and live my life that way. You are a trans and took that label. You drug me into that by trying labeling me and every other male "cis".
We didnt want to be in this BS. You drug us In by giving us a label but somehow its our fault. You should have just left us out of it.

We Never Know

No Slack
Not an accurate number, I don’t think
More like 1% or something like that? I dunno

Either way you do realise that’s like 77,000 people right?
You going to go against the medical interests of literally thousands of people now? Seriously?

Take 80,000÷ by 8 billion. See what you get.

We Never Know

No Slack
Category error. One is a (Puritanical) sexual moral made into law, the other is a health question. A medical professional (or, better, more) should determine what would be a good age for the surgery and then decide together with the patient. No government involvement required.

Shouldn't it be the same for having sex?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Take 80,000÷ by 8 billion. See what you get.
I googled 0.001 percent of 7.7 billion which is the accurate statistic. Given our world population and that is what is normally calculated in such statistics of intersex conditions, in case you weren’t aware (If 0.001 % is accurate. I dunno if it is.)
Regardless it’s only one intersex condition, one of the rarer ones actually. Others exist and are far more prevalent, just fyi

So again I ask. Are you honestly against the medical treatment for literally thousands upon thousands of people worldwide?
Because such legislation does impact them at the end of the day

We Never Know

No Slack
I googled 0.001 percent of 7.7 billion which is the accurate statistic. Given our world population and that is what is normally calculated in such statistics of intersex conditions, in case you weren’t aware (If 0.001 % is accurate. I dunno if it is.)
Regardless it’s only one intersex condition, one of the rarer ones actually. Others exist and are far more prevalent, just fyi

So again I ask. Are you honestly against the medical treatment for literally thousands upon thousands of people worldwide?
Because such legislation does impact them at the end of the day

Did I not say 0.001%?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You are a trans and took that label.
I didn't take that label anymore than I did autistic, ginger, or homo sapien.
You drug me into that by trying labeling me and every other male "cis".
I drug you into it?
No, you drug yourself into it. If I drug you into I would have looked like an absolute idiot this morning arguing while going down the road next to some wanker who cut me off and was mad I honked at him. He put his window down to flip me off and matched my speed and drove right next to me just to try to yell at me (my window was up because it was cold). I was getting mad at this point, but I would have had to have dragged myself into something trivial, not worth it, dangerous and not something I wanted dragged into.
No, I didn't drag you into anything, and it's certainly not because I used a commonly accepted word that describes who you are. I've been saying you are a male, you've always been male and you don't deny or doubt you're male and you are getting your panties in a wad over it.
We didnt want to be in this BS. You drug us In by giving us a label but somehow its our fault. You should have just left us out of it.
Then why are you here? Why not go and quit pretending like you know better than the physicians and therapists who treat gender dysphoria? Why not bow out and leave it to the pros?

We Never Know

No Slack
I didn't take that label anymore than I did autistic, ginger, or homo sapien.

I drug you into it?
No, you drug yourself into it. If I drug you into I would have looked like an absolute idiot this morning arguing while going down the road next to some wanker who cut me off and was mad I honked at him. He put his window down to flip me off and matched my speed and drove right next to me just to try to yell at me (my window was up because it was cold). I was getting mad at this point, but I would have had to have dragged myself into something trivial, not worth it and not something I wanted dragged into.
No, I didn't drag you into anything, and it's certainly not because I used a commonly accepted word that describes who you are. I've been saying you are a male, you've always been male and you don't deny or doubt you're male and you are getting your panties in a wad over it.

Then why are you here? Why not go and quit pretending like you know better than the physicians and therapists who treat gender dysphoria? Why not bow out and leave it to the pros?

Really??? Physicians is where cis male came from?

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Did I not say 0.001%?
For 7.7 billion people. When intersex conditions are calculated they are usually done so using the worldwide population statistic. As is my understanding
So again you’re literally talking about thousands of people technically. And that’s only one condition. One of the rarer conditions. Others are actually more prominent in our species. So there are intersex conditions that affect more people than the “0.0001 percent” just fyi
So I ask again. Are you against the medical treatment for literally thousands of people?

We Never Know

No Slack
For 7.7 billion people. When intersex conditions are calculated they are usually done so using the worldwide population statistic.
So again you’re literally talking about thousands of people technically. And that’s only one condition. One of the rarer conditions. Others are actually mor e prominent in our species.
So I ask again. Are you against the medical treatment for literally thousands of people?

Like I said.. 1 in 80,000 is 0.001% of the population. 80k/8b.

My math wasnt off.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Like I said.. 1 in 80,000 is 0.001% of the population. 80k/8b.

My math wasnt off.
And it’s still thousands of people according to the math involved. Again for one specific rarer condition. That’s not the only one being discussed.
You say you’re for science.
Science does not care one iota whether or not a phenomenon occurs 20% of the time or 0.00000000000000000001% percent of the time. It records reality and advises as such
If you are for science why do you care so much about the rarity of something.?
Some cancers are extremely rare. Medical science does still account for medicine for exactly such scenarios as much as it is able to (capitalism gets in the way a lot.) Ultimately though It doesn’t care
Cancer is cancer
Whether it exists as 0.00000001 percent or 50%
it really does not matter in medical science.

Do you follow?

Last edited:

We Never Know

No Slack
Is having sex a medical procedure?
And, fyi, the age of consent at 18 is arbitrary and unusually high. In most of the world it is 16.

I think I read somewhere that 18 being key...
Oh I did.. In was in the OP.

Some places probably have 13 as the age. Your 16 doesn't mean anything being the OP said "18 is key"

We Never Know

No Slack
And it’s still thousands of people according to the math involved. Again for one specific rarer condition. That’s not the only one being discussed.
You say you’re for science.
Science does not care one iota whether or not a phenomenon occurs 20% of the time or 0.00000000000000000001% percent of the time. It records reality and advises as such
If you are for science why do you care so much about the rarity of something.?
Some cancers are extremely rare. Medical science does still account for medicine for exactly such scenarios as much as it is able to (capitalism gets in the way a lot.) Ultimately though It doesn’t care
Cancer is cancer
Whether it exists as 0.00000001 percent of 50%
It does not matter in medical science

Do you follow?

You are right. Be it 0.001% or 50%. Its all equal.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
You are right. Be it 0.001% or 50%. Its all equal.
It’s something that medical science needs to take into consideration. Or do people with rare medical conditions just deserve to die without medical treatment?
Since you know, they are just a tiny portion of the percentage and all? Eh? Screw them amirite?
Let them just die in agony. Who cares if it’s only a tiny portion of the population after all. It’s not like they’re people with friends and family or whatever

We Never Know

No Slack
Again, why not bow out and leave it to the pros who at least know the ABCs of the topic? You don't want to be here, so why are you here?

Why not just admit you are a male living as a female, and by that you took on the label trans.
But to feel better you want to label me cis.

We Never Know

No Slack
It’s something that medical science needs to take into consideration. Or do people with rare medical conditions just deserve to die without medical treatment?
Since you know, they are just a tiny portion of the percentage and all? Eh? Screw them amirite?
Let them just die in agony. Who cares it’s only a tiny portion of the population after all
How did this go from gender to dying?

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
How did this go from gender to dying?
You tell me? You’re the one quoting statistics without perspective.
I’m trying my best to come at this from an actual scientific approach. As well as trying to analyse this from a perspective of someone actually affected by this. As a human being. Since you seemingly don’t care to.
I mean I get it
Stats and all that used in medicine? All cold stats and nothing else. Fair enough
But science can be pretty cold as well. I think you need a bit of balance to remain human. So to speak

Heyo

Veteran Member
I think I read somewhere that 18 being key...
Oh I did.. In was in the OP.
And who wrote that OP?
Some places probably have 13 as the age. Your 16 doesn't mean anything being the OP said "18 is key"
Which it shouldn't be. 18 is arbitrary. The decision should be made upon medical, i.e. physical and psychological, conditions.