• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Utah becomes first state in 2023 to ban gender-affirming care for transgender minors

We Never Know

No Slack
And red haired-ness is statistically less likely to happen than some intersex conditions. Technically speaking
(As is my understanding)
You going to treat red heads as freaks now?
How about left handed folks?
People born with deformities?
How about people born with mental or physical disabilities?
Such things are technically rare as well. Should we not treat such individuals with respect?
Why should the rarity matter even?

How is red haired-ness. color of hair equal to sex identity?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
How is red haired-ness. color of hair equal to sex identity?
I was making a point of rarity. That something that innocuous is also technically speaking much rarer than some intersex conditions in our species. (And they were kind of treated like crap in history. Just saying Redheads have been Feared and Vilified Throughout History - Here's Why)
Does that rarity affect the way you treat red heads? If not why would it affect the way you treat people born with intersex conditions?
Like who cares if it’s 1 out of 800000 or 1 out of a trillion
It happens in our species end of story

We Never Know

No Slack
You, in this thread, you who said "the doctor can't have sex with a 16 year old but it's ok to operate on a 16 year old," claim someone else is looking foolish?

Don't quote mine me.

I said "the doctor can't have sex with a 16 year old but it's ok to operate on a 16 year old and change their sex

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Its 0.001% of the world population.
Not an accurate number, I don’t think
More like 1% or something like that? I dunno

Either way you do realise that’s like 77,000 people right?
You going to go against the medical interests of literally thousands of people now? Seriously?
And that’s only one intersex condition. There’s like a bunch of others to take into consideration
Most far more prevalent might I add

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member
Sure. Under 18 can't decide to have sex with someone older without it being a crime but under 18 can decidee to change their sex??
Category error. One is a (Puritanical) sexual moral made into law, the other is a health question. A medical professional (or, better, more) should determine what would be a good age for the surgery and then decide together with the patient. No government involvement required.