• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Utah becomes first state in 2023 to ban gender-affirming care for transgender minors

We Never Know

No Slack
You tell me? You’re the one quoting statistics without perspective.
I’m trying my best to come at this from an actual scientific approach. As well as trying to analyse this from a perspective of someone actually affected by this. As a human being. Since you seemingly don’t care to.
I mean I get it
Stats and all that used in medicine. But science can be cold as well. I think you need a bit of balance

You brought up something. I gave you the 1 in 80k.
Thats how it started.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Really??? Physicians is where cis male came from?
The cis thing, actually, yes, it does have medical origins. It's one the many Latin (the rest are Greek) prefixes (as well as roots and suffixes) that are commonly used in the medical field.
Considering gender dysphoria is a medical issue, it is no surprise that cisgender/cismale/cisfemale would eventually come into use.
When my grandson was born I don't recall the Dr saying congrats its a cis male.
That's probably because I'm trans and very rarely, probably about as often but slightly more than I bring up religion, use the trans and cis thing outside of discussions where it becomes necessary to make that distinction.

We Never Know

No Slack
The cis thing, actually, yes, it does have medical origins. It's one the many Latin (the rest are Greek) prefixes (as well as roots and suffixes) that are commonly used in the medical field.
Considering gender dysphoria is a medical issue, it is no surprise that cisgender/cismale/cisfemale would eventually come into use.

That's probably because I'm trans and very rarely, probably about as often but slightly more than I bring up religion, use the trans and cis thing outside of discussions where it becomes necessary to make that distinction.

Citation needed that cis male came from a phsycian.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Why not just admit you are a male living as a female, and by that you took on the label trans.
But to feel better you want to label me cis.
Because I'm not a male, and again I took the label no more than I did ambidextrous. I've just encountered a few jerks who don't like me using both hands or my left hand.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
You brought up something. I gave you the 1 in 80k.
Thats how it started.
:shrug:
I went with the math that was taught to me.
Either way.
Do you honestly think we should deny medical treatment to individuals based on how frequently they occur? Like honestly?
Do you have any idea how many extremely rare medical conditions affect us as a species?
Do you wish to justify such a position to a real life human being who lost their parent or uncle/aunt to such a medical condition?
If not, how can you justify us denying medical care to rare intersex conditions even if such procedures are medically beneficial? (Which this legislation does exactly that.)
Well?!!

We Never Know

No Slack

Simple question. When you where born, did the Dr say congrats its a...
-boy
-girl
-cis male
-cis female
-trans male
-trans female.
-we don't know

Answer honest

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You are doing nothing here but looking foolish. Go argue about a god somewhere.
I am not the ignorant one here. And there are all of these people that would gladly help you if you were only polite.

Just think about some stranger ignorantly commenting about your sex life with your wife or loved one. They get everything wrong and are amazingly rude.

Would you help that person at all?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Simple question. When you where born, did the Dr say congrats its a...
-boy
-girl
-cis male
-cis female
-trans male
-trans female.
-we don't know

Answer honest
Honestly? None of the above and no one knows. My birth was a traumatic emergency and it nearly killed both my mom and me.

We Never Know

No Slack
Because I'm not a male, and again I took the label no more than I did ambidextrous. I've just encountered a few jerks who don't like me using both hands or my left hand.

Ok you are female with natural breasts, natural monthly menstral cycles, can have baby's, ,etc right?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

So you are saying that it is the fault of the Romans . .. very interesting.

Sorry, for some reason my brain has lost quite a few IQ points in this thread.

We Never Know

No Slack
I am not the ignorant one here. And there are all of these people that would gladly help you if you were only polite.

Just think about some stranger ignorantly commenting about your sex life with your wife or loved one. They get everything wrong and are amazingly rude.

Would you help that person at all?

ignorant? Who said anything about being ignorant?
Thats purely self reflection.

Heyo

Veteran Member
So according to you a 6 year of should have a se change. Got it.
If it is medically necessary and multiple health professionals agree to that and the 6 year old and their parents want it, yes, politicians shouldn't stand in the way of medicine.
You seem to be under the impression that doctors are amoral or immoral who just want to make sex changes to minors. That also seems to be the notion under which such laws are proposed. I have a little more trust in the medical profession than in that of politicians.
Doctors usually won't perform sex changes before a person hasn't grown up physically. That is different for every person and it just might be around 18 or 21 in the US. If your age laws are any indication, you grow up much slower than Europeans.