• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Utah becomes first state in 2023 to ban gender-affirming care for transgender minors

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
And red haired-ness is statistically less likely to happen than some intersex conditions. Technically speaking
(As is my understanding)
You going to treat red heads as freaks now?
How about left handed folks?
People born with deformities?
How about people born with mental or physical disabilities?
(Not saying they are the same. Just that there’s a lot of “rare conditions” that we take into account and act accordingly for in society.)
Such things are technically rare as well. Should we not treat such individuals with respect?
Why should the rarity matter even?
Just like in the Bible.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I have no problem with this being having sex with someone under 18 is sex with a minor and is a crime. Under 18 is key here.

Utah becomes first state in 2023 to ban gender-affirming care for transgender minors

"The state's Republican-dominated Legislature fast-tracked the bill – which prohibits transgender surgery for those under the age of 18 and bars hormone treatments for minors who have not yet been diagnosed with gender dysphoria – two days after its session opened Jan. 17. GOP Gov. Spencer Cox signed the legislation Saturday.

So far this year, at least 10 other states have introduced bills targeting such health care access for transgender and gender-nonconforming people: Kansas, Kentucky, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia.

In 2022, at least 15 states restricted access to gender-affirming care or considered laws that would do so, according to the Williams Institute. Some of the bills carried penalties for health care providers and even families."

I'm fine with that, when it comes to hormones and surgery for minors. My issue is when they start trying to restrict adult's access to treatment. That's going too far.