• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

US President-elect attacks China on Twitter

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
462.jpg

Reactions: MD

David1967

Premium Member
President-elect Trump used the commonly used diplomatic channel known as Twitter to make his criticisms of China heard.

What a time to be alive.

He (PEOTUS) make some good points. Why do we have to get the short end of the stick? Free trade should be fair trade. China certainly could care less what we think before they start laying claim to what belongs to others. Remember Tibet.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Different from what?
It sounds entirely like Trump to me. He is now running into the problems an incompetent president is going to have.
Incompetence (which we faced no matter who won) is normal.
But the abandonment of usual diplomacy is different.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Incompetence (which we faced no matter who won) is normal.
But the abandonment of usual diplomacy is different.
We both know I disagree about the competence thing. But abandoning diplomacy is a totally Trumpish thing to do.

Unlike the families of dead soldiers and Beauty pageant contestants, the governments and corporations Trump is targeting are unlikely to respond with a Twitter war. They can take much more drastic steps.
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Today I learned that countries making changes to their own government policies and country is completely not allowed, unless it's the United States and they can apply their jurisdiction anywhere that they can overpower the local government.
I just can't wait until the next big summit meeting, like the G7 or something.

Make America Grate On Nerves Again!
:confused:
Tom

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
So is it too much to ask that Trump not act like a bratty teen who thinks social media is the way to voice your problems and work things out? Has he seriously not seen things get worse and out of hand when this method is chosen? Such as the embarrassment that was his 3 AM flame war where he told people to go watch a non-existent sex tape?

David1967

Premium Member
The CIA need to shut down his Twitter account.

Now that would set a dangerous precedent. If the CIA started shutting down Twitter accounts for such as this. I'm pretty sure it would be a violation of the first amendment.

Laika

Premium Member
Now that would set a dangerous precedent. If the CIA started shutting down Twitter accounts for such as this. I'm pretty sure it would be a violation of the first amendment.

The President-elect of the United States is conducting diplomacy in 140 characters or less rather than through diplomats, foreign policy experts and intelligence agencies who should be allowed to the jobs.

I think the constitution can handle Trump not typing the launch codes into his Twitter feed or calling Vladimir Putin a ***** and in a super secret gay relationship with his prime minister "doing it" in the Kremiln basement.

I want that to be funny but given where we are going now it might actually happen.:eek:

Sultan Of Swing

The President-elect of the United States is conducting diplomacy in 140 characters or less rather than through diplomats, foreign policy experts and intelligence agencies who should be allowed to the jobs.

I think the constitution can handle Trump not typing the launch codes into his Twitter feed or calling Vladimir Putin a ***** and in a super secret gay relationship with his prime minister "doing it" in the Kremiln basement.

I want that to be funny but given where we are going now it might actually happen.:eek:
I think the opposite would happen with Putin, like cringey declarations of love he sends him that the rest of the world shouldn't be seeing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We both know I disagree about the competence thing. But abandoning diplomacy is a totally Trumpish thing to do.

Unlike the families of dead soldiers and Beauty pageant contestants, the governments and corporations Trump is targeting are unlikely to respond with a Twitter war. They can take much more drastic steps.
Tom
I know you don't trust Trump.
I don't either.
He was just the least dangerous of the two.
Remember that even Jill Stein thought so.