• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

US: Donald Trump launches 2024 comeback bid, makes his 'very big announcement'

Choose those that agree with you:

• 01: I "think" Donald Trump will be the next president

• 02: I "don't think" Donald Trump will be the next president

• 03: I "hope" Donald Trump will be the next president

• 04: I "don't hope" Donald Trump will be the next president

• 05: I will vote for Trump

• 06: I will not vote for Trump

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
All what?

Vague claims are not evidence. They are not a proper argument either.
All words can be seen as labels that represent something, nothing more, mere brain synapse patterns. The problem with conceptual reality (which is that which exists when people talk to each other like we are doing here) is that the actual reality is on the other side of the concept 'reality'. Do you see what I'm getting at, when I use the word/label 'God', I understand beyond words what that reality is that is represented by the label, but unless you spent half a life time in serious religious practice, you could not possibly understand what that reality is, and therefore what was meant by the label 'God'. Hence you are not in a position know if there is God or there is not. What makes one an adversary of God is if, despite not knowing the truth yet, one claims positively there is no such reality represented by the concept of God.

The more humble man would choose to call themselves an agnostic.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
All words can be seen as labels that represent something, nothing more, mere brain synapse patterns. The problem with conceptual reality (which is that which exists when people talk to each other like we are doing here) is that the actual reality is on the other side of the concept 'reality'. Do you see what I'm getting at, when I use the word/label 'God', I understand beyond words what that reality is that is represented by the label, but unless you spent half a life time in serious religious practice, you could not possibly understand what that reality is, and therefore what was meant by the label 'God'. Hence you are not in a position know if there is God or there is not. What makes one an adversary of God is if, despite not knowing the truth yet, one claims positively there is no such reality represented by the concept of God.

Or you could just be terribly self deluded. The question is how do you properly test your beliefs? Do you think that you can?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
US: Donald Trump launches 2024 comeback bid, makes his 'very big announcement'

Interesting times, will Trump be the next president. He gave a "good" pep talk, I guess that many Americans like his speech. After Biden, Trump looks more capable and powerful

What do you (Americans) think about Trump? You will vote Trump or not?

I'll vote for him if he's the nominee but I prefer younger candidates. He's too old. I want Tulsi, who I originally wanted in 2020.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Or you could just be terribly self deluded. The question is how do you properly test your beliefs? Do you think that you can?
Yes, one (not my I self) has realized it, but to test and realize that on the other side of the religious belief of God, one must first test the belief one has about oneself in the larger context of existence. Are you really what and who you presently think you are? Otherwise it would be a waste of time if the seeker had not realized what he was and who he was in the universal context to begin with.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yes, one (not my I self) has realized it, but to test and realize that on the other side of the religious belief of God, one must first test the belief one has about oneself in the larger context of existence. Are you really what and who you presently think you are? Otherwise it would be a waste of time if the seeker did not what he was and who they were in the universal context to begin with.
You are being rather unclear. How did you test your beliefs? Most people do not know how to do that properly.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
You are being rather unclear. How did you test your beliefs? Most people do not know how to do that properly.
One must go beyond belief, beliefs are as I've explained, mere conceptualizations about reality, one must realize thar reality directly. The personal I deals in concepts, it has no place in realizing God.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
It sounds as if you are trying to rationalize and irrational belief.
The truth can never be realized by the personal I, not mine, not yours', not anyones', if you see that as some sort of rationalization then so be it, let us not waste each other's time further.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The truth can never be realized by the personal I, not mine, not yours', not anyones', if you see that as some sort of rationalization then so be it, let us not waste each other's time further.
And straight into woo woo. So sad, no evidence. Not even a clue what the word means.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
And straight into woo woo. So sad, no evidence. Not even a clue what the word means.
This verse always reminds me of lost souls, please God help them to find out what and who they really are.

Into this world, and why not knowing,
Nor whence, like water willy nilly flowing,
And out of it, as wind along the waste,
I know not whither, willy nilly blowing. - Omar Khayyám

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
For heaven's sake, how many times does it have to be explained, 'Satan' means adversary of God, if you love God you are not satanic, do you love God?
You mean, Satan means adversary of God in the particular religion you've chosen to follow.

I'm not asking for definitions here. I'm asking for evidence for your claims that such things exist.

You're trying to tell me that I'm on the side of someone or something that I don't even believe exists in the first place. Like the Shoopley example from my last post.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I've provided the evidence, if you do not accept and love God, then you are an adversary of God and thus satanic according to the biblical meaning of satan, end of story!
That's the thing, you did not provide the evidence, as illustrated in my last post about Shoopley. You just made declarative statements as though they were factually accurate and declared that "I" am the evidence. Which means pretty much nothing and is not evidence of the existence of satan or god(s).

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

You know what would help me believe? EVIDENCE.
Got any?

By the way, I'm an agnostic atheist who wants to believe in as many true things as possible while not believing in as many false things as possible.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I'll vote for him if he's the nominee
So, his dishonesty, record as an abuser of women, using prostitutes while cheating on his wives, paying people off to silence them, his various scandals such as with the Trump Organization, etc., is all fine & dandy with you? Where does the Church teach that this is acceptable?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
You mean, Satan means adversary of God in the particular religion you've chosen to follow.

I'm not asking for definitions here. I'm asking for evidence for your claims that such things exist.

You're trying to tell me that I'm on the side of someone or something that I don't even believe exists in the first place. Like the Shoopley example from my last post.
Trying to explain God reality to atheists is extremely difficult because whereas God reality is the world of causes, atheists see reality in the world of effects.

Wrt evidence for an adversary of God, you seem to be implying that you do not exist, but in fact you do. Pretending to not exist in order to avoid acknowledging the evidence is not going to cut it. :D

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
That's the thing, you did not provide the evidence, as illustrated in my last post about Shoopley. You just made declarative statements as though they were factually accurate and declared that "I" am the evidence. Which means pretty much nothing and is not evidence of the existence of satan or god(s).
See above.