• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UN's Global Compact for Migration Expands on Hate Speech to Criminalise Criticism of Migration

Should there be a peoples vote before our leaders are allowed to sign up?

• Total voters

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
My goal is to maximize the well being of conscious creatures. I believe that in 2018, mass migration will do the opposite. This is not a longing for nationalism.

You are welcome to your goals, tell me when you actually score.

How is rejecting homeless refugees to return to their bomb site and live or die in constant fear maximising "the well being of conscious creatures"?

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
You are welcome to your goals, tell me when you actually score.

How is rejecting homeless refugees to return to their bomb site and live or die in constant fear maximising "the well being of conscious creatures"?

I'll reiterate a few points from my previous post:

- We can only help a tiny, tiny fraction of the world's refugees through migration. So for every refugee that you move, you're leaving 50 or a 100 behind.
- With the same financial resources we can help many, many more impoverished people by improving where they already live. We can make improvements that are healthy and sustainable.

As for "scoring", we're already scoring on many fronts (e.g. Doctors Without Borders), we just need to redouble our efforts.

Shad

Veteran Member
2. What maths, i look at it this way, we are all African and have migrated across the world. Populations have always been in flux. The only reason i see for objecting to the natural state is the (fairly) modern longing for nationalism

Welfare state, change from agrarian economics to service and manufacturing, general change in where and how people live. You didn't do any comparison based on real data just your opinion which is merely a cliche parroted by the left these days.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I'll reiterate a few points from my previous post:

- We can only help a tiny, tiny fraction of the world's refugees through migration. So for every refugee that you move, you're leaving 50 or a 100 behind.
- With the same financial resources we can help many, many more impoverished people by improving where they already live. We can make improvements that are healthy and sustainable.

As for "scoring", we're already scoring on many fronts (e.g. Doctors Without Borders), we just need to redouble our efforts.

Your opinion is noted
Médecins Sans Frontières do a fantastic job but they would be first to admit, a sticking plaster doesnt fix much

How about with the resources spent on destroying their homeland?

ChristineM

Premium Member
Welfare state, change from agrarian economics to service and manufacturing, general change in where and how people live. You didn't do any comparison based on real data just your opinion which is merely a cliche parroted by the left these days.

Remember .It was the right who put an end to manufacturing in favour of the service industries. And its merely a cliche for them to shift blame

Shad

Veteran Member
Remember .It was the right who put an end to manufacturing in favour of the service industries.

Irrelevant as I never supported such a policy.

And its merely a cliche for them to shift blame

I shifted nothing. You are manufacturing an argument I never made nor support then knocking it down. Congratulations.

Seems like you have nothing relevant to add to my post instead your merely parrot ideological rhetoric. Try reading next time.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Your opinion is noted
Médecins Sans Frontières do a fantastic job but they would be first to admit, a sticking plaster doesnt fix much

How about with the resources spent on destroying their homeland?

ha ha ..yeah...the ship Aquarius was investigated by 2 district attorneys in Sicily and will be impounded for human trafficking

ChristineM

Premium Member
Irrelevant as I never supported such a policy.

I shifted nothing. You are manufacturing an argument I never made nor support then knocking it down. Congratulations.

Seems like you have nothing relevant to add to my post instead your merely parrot ideological rhetoric. Try reading next time.

So its fine for you to dis the left but dissing the right is irrelevant?

I dont actually give a toss what you put in your post, its irrelevant.

ChristineM

Premium Member
ha ha ..yeah...the ship Aquarius was investigated by 2 district attorneys in Sicily and will be impounded for human trafficking

Oh very funny that italy is attempting to impound a charitable rescue ship.

Sicily? So it will be investigated by the mafia for breaking the law.

Oh and what has this to do with Médecins Sans Frontières. Methinks you are confused

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
If you live in the UK and you believe in free speech there is a petition here -
Nah........... you won't get my vote.
Any legislation which can stifle:-.........
media outlets that systematically promote intolerance, xenophobia, racism and other forms of discrimination towards migrants,

..........is good legislation, I reckon

Notanumber

A Free Man
Nah........... you won't get my vote.
Any legislation which can stifle:-.........
media outlets that systematically promote intolerance, xenophobia, racism and other forms of discrimination towards migrants,

..........is good legislation, I reckon

I hope you are happy in your new hellhole.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I hope you are happy in your new hellhole.
I'm not deluded, mate. :)
There's all sorts about my place that are skew-whiff, but I'm not deluded.

Mrs Badger works with Muslims, Buddhists, Christians etc from all over the World. You see, they are the most highly qualified pros in their fields. So we wouldn't vote for nasty little magazines that promote and provoke nasty little acts against decent people like them.

Notanumber

A Free Man
I'm not deluded, mate. :)
There's all sorts about my place that are skew-whiff, but I'm not deluded.

Mrs Badger works with Muslims, Buddhists, Christians etc from all over the World. You see, they are the most highly qualified pros in their fields. So we wouldn't vote for nasty little magazines that promote and provoke nasty little acts against decent people like them.

They might call themselves Muslims but are they true believers in Islam?

There are plenty that are not and some have the honesty to call themselves ex-Muslims.

Altfish

Veteran Member

There are plenty that are not and some have the honesty to call themselves ex-Muslims.
Have you ever considered that the majority of Muslims fall into the 'benign' category and it is only the likes of Mr Lennon-Yaxley and yourself who whip up a fervor because you are afraid of a tiny minority of them.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Have you ever considered that the majority of Muslims fall into the 'benign' category and it is only the likes of Mr Lennon-Yaxley and yourself who whip up a fervor because you are afraid of a tiny minority of them.

I have tried to explain this to him before. Not sure if he is deliberately blind or so indoctrinated that he will not see the facts.

ChristineM

Premium Member

And some choose to decide the faith of others depending on nothing more than their own personal bigotry