• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UN's Global Compact for Migration Expands on Hate Speech to Criminalise Criticism of Migration

Should there be a peoples vote before our leaders are allowed to sign up?

• Total voters

Notanumber

A Free Man
Here in the UK we have a failed Prime Minister that is desperate to cling onto power.

I believe this is the reason why –

She intends to do what her EU bosses expect her to do.

I have written a letter of protest to my Member of Parliament and hope many others have done the same.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I can guess that you won't fall on the side of apologists who claim that members aren't monolithic ;)

In precisely the same way as christianity isnt monolithic.

Are all christians demonised because there are a few who treat the bible literally?

Note text analysis suggests the bible is more than twice as violent as the qu'ran.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Here in the UK we have a failed Prime Minister that is desperate to cling onto power.

I believe this is the reason why –

She intends to do what her UE bosses expect her to do.

I have written a letter of protest to my Member of Parliament and hope many others have done the same.

There s only one reason why... british democracy.

Wassup, you dont like british democracy when is doesnt suite your little england plans?

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member

ChristineM

Premium Member
Lots of maths, but let's start here:

In the last 25 years, the number of people living in poverty has DECREASED by a BILLION people. I'm not trying to paint a rosy picture here, but the in place initiatives we've been pursuing for decades, are working. Immigration and migration don't even put a dent into those numbers.

Decline of Global Extreme Poverty Continues but Has Slowed: World Bank

Much of that decline is down to one man, Norman Borlaug.

But there is no genetic cure for bombing people into the bronze age.

From your linked article
but the decline in poverty rates has slowed,

Notanumber

A Free Man
Anne talks about the double standards in modern Britain –

Britain has a propaganda police force, but I do not blame the rank & file for this.

Just imagine what it will be like when the UN & the EU force us to open our borders and remove our right to complain.

Notanumber

A Free Man
I was never asked if I wanted the Kalergi Plan to be implemented –

I am hoping that Theresa May will lose her position before she has the opportunity to sign the country up for this suicide pact.

We have to hope that whoever replaces her puts the nation above being seen to be nice.

Notanumber

A Free Man
I know that the government of the UK has signed up to the “Global Compact on Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration”, but as far as I know, the leaders of our military forces have not sent an open letter to our Prime Minister. I would have applauded them if they had done.

I believe that they should have done so because as the French letter states, the only sovereignty that will remain with France will consist in freely setting the way in which the objectives of the pact will have to be implemented.

Surely, such a pact must be put to the people for public debate before governments decide to sign on our behalf. Such governments would be guilty of a denial of democracy or treason against their nations.

This person explains –

ChristineM

Premium Member
I know that the government of the UK has signed up to the “Global Compact on Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration”, but as far as I know, the leaders of our military forces have not sent an open letter to our Prime Minister. I would have applauded them if they had done.

I believe that they should have done so because as the French letter states, the only sovereignty that will remain with France will consist in freely setting the way in which the objectives of the pact will have to be implemented.

Surely, such a pact must be put to the people for public debate before governments decide to sign on our behalf. Such governments would be guilty of a denial of democracy or treason against their nations.

This person explains –

Liberté, égalité, fraternité, laïcité

Notanumber

A Free Man
As this man says, there is no such thing as moderate Islam –

I know that Islam is a taboo subject, but it is a subject that requires discussion, especially since free speech is under threat.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Only in your Bubble

I'm still awaiting your example of what you are unable to say.

It is not about me because I am not brave enough to speak out in public, but I defend the right of others who are and they have my respect.

Sir Ahmed Salman Rushdie, Geert Wilders, Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Theo van Gogh spring to mind, but there are many others.

I would have to be very careful about what I said if I was an apostate from Islam.

The promoters and supporters of Islam have realised that it is far less bothersome to enforce this silence when you can get the governments of your host countries to enforce it for you.

Altfish

Veteran Member
It is not about me because I am not brave enough to speak out in public, but I defend the right of others who are and they have my respect.

Sir Ahmed Salman Rushdie, Geert Wilders, Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Theo van Gogh spring to mind, but there are many others.

I would have to be very careful about what I said if I was an apostate from Islam.

The promoters and supporters of Islam have realised that it is far less bothersome to enforce this silence when you can get the governments of your host countries to enforce it for you.
Once again you ignore the one proviso / restriction on Free Speech, I refer you to Amnesty International...

What is free speech? One of the most important human rights explained.

"Governments have an obligation to prohibit hate speech and incitement. And restrictions can also be justified if they protect specific public interest or the rights and reputations of others."

ChristineM

Premium Member
As this man says, there is no such thing as moderate Islam –

I know that Islam is a taboo subject, but it is a subject that requires discussion, especially since free speech is under threat.

And a self styled (ha, ha) expert on islam who is denounced all over the internet for his ignorant Islamophobic misrepresentation of islam would know?