• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UN's Global Compact for Migration Expands on Hate Speech to Criminalise Criticism of Migration

Should there be a peoples vote before our leaders are allowed to sign up?

• Total voters

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Why is the MSM not reporting this?

If you live in the UK and you believe in free speech there is a petition here - Petition: The UK should not agree the UN's Global Compact for Migration

This seems to be the part of the Compact they are referring to
https://www.un.org/pga/72/wp-content/uploads/sites/51/2018/07/migration.pdf

Promote independent, objective and quality reporting of media outlets, including internetbased information, including by sensitizing and educating media professionals on migration-related issues and terminology, investing in ethical reporting standards and advertising, and stopping allocation of public funding or material support to media outlets that systematically promote intolerance, xenophobia, racism and other forms of discrimination towards migrants, in full respect for the freedom of the media

So this might cause a media outlet like the BBC to lose funding.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
If what the first speaker says is true, then this is cause for alarm. But the UN compact is a long and complex document. Can you point to where it attempts to criminalize criticism of immigration policies?

Is it indeed the paragraph mentioned in post #2 above?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
If what the first speaker says is true, then this is cause for alarm. But the UN compact is a long and complex document. Can you point to where it attempts to criminalize criticism of immigration policies?
Indeed, as I get older, I have less hair to set afire, so it would be helpful to see where this is, in writing. Personally, I don't believe it. I cannot imagine, even fat *** bureaucrats, specifying you cannot criticize something. (Talk about begging for criticism!) That is essentially going into no man's land. The politicians at the UN may be fools but they are not stupid.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This seems to be the part of the Compact they are referring to
https://www.un.org/pga/72/wp-content/uploads/sites/51/2018/07/migration.pdf

Promote independent, objective and quality reporting of media outlets, including internetbased information, including by sensitizing and educating media professionals on migration-related issues and terminology, investing in ethical reporting standards and advertising, and stopping allocation of public funding or material support to media outlets that systematically promote intolerance, xenophobia, racism and other forms of discrimination towards migrants, in full respect for the freedom of the media

So this might cause a media outlet like the BBC to lose funding.
That sounds perfectly reasonable to me unless you are in favor of discrimination and intolerance etc.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
That sounds perfectly reasonable to me unless you are in favor of discrimination and intolerance etc.

To me it sounds very "big brother"-ish. Of course kindness and compassion are what we should strive for. But who's going to judge what constitutes hate speech? Is drawing a cartoon of Muhammad hate speech? Who's going to judge what's xenophobic? Is being critical of FGM xenophobic?

I think that government attempts along these lines (the lines of censoring criticism), are to be avoided at all costs.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
To me it sounds very "big brother"-ish. Of course kindness and compassion are what we should strive for. But who's going to judge what constitutes hate speech? Is drawing a cartoon of Muhammad hate speech? Who's going to judge what's xenophobic? Is being critical of FGM xenophobic?

I think that government attempts along these lines (the lines of censoring criticism), are to be avoided at all costs.
We read it differently. I read it as a pious wish not as a mandate for censorship.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
A few years ago In Germany they welcomed mass immigration and anyone who disagreed was considered a xenophobe, bigot, Nazi etc. Now they are paying immigrants to leave.

The ECHR recently upheld anti-blasphemy laws (against Islam) in Europe to "preserve religious peace".

Would you be a passenger in a car with a driver that willingly puts a blindfold on?

Stanyon

WWMRD?
What happened to the Native Americans seems an excellent case against mass immigration of people with vastly different cultures and beliefs.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
It's their own fault for deciding not to build a wall.

They were too busy fighting amongst themselves over Lebensraum, just like the filthy Europeans.

"Ano takoo con la pedeeha"
(We are going to build a wall and make the Navajo pay for it)
-Chief "Two Teepees" Jackson

Notanumber

A Free Man

Is it indeed the paragraph mentioned in post #2 above?

This man gives a very good explanation –

He talks about censorship at 37 minutes and about free speech at 1:05.

It is a lengthy video but it is worth watching the whole thing.

This is an interview with an EU member of parliament on the subject –

I used to believe that the United Nations was a force for good, but not anymore.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
As I said in the other thread, NAN, there is a plan of ethnic replacement of the European peoples...and it's not just a conspiracy theory by the " wicked xenophobes" Geert Wilders, Salvini, Janice Atkinson... there are UN documents that speak of replacement migration

Those UNO serpents deleted the page but someone saved the screenshot

1JJDX2GA7zjP5S_STD1tWre79ARYTDUpfTY2QmJNPNc.png

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Is it a sincere belief that there are no legitimate concerns regarding potential negative consequences of large scale migration, especially in absence of any assessment or documentation process?
I don't believe that nations have to allow unrestricted immigration. But that does not mean I demonize etc those who want to migrate.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
What happened to the Native Americans seems an excellent case against mass immigration of people with vastly different cultures and beliefs.
Given what happened in South America with the conquistadors, I think we should keep out those who are much more heavily armed than we are.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
As I said in the other thread, NAN, there is a plan of ethnic replacement of the European peoples...and it's not just a conspiracy theory by the " wicked xenophobes" Geert Wilders, Salvini, Janice Atkinson... there are UN documents that speak of replacement migration

Those UNO serpents deleted the page but someone saved the screenshot

1JJDX2GA7zjP5S_STD1tWre79ARYTDUpfTY2QmJNPNc.png

A plan? Did you notice the question mark or did you leave your tinfoil hat at home?