• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Understanding the holy scriptures is impossible unless God gives you the interpretation

3rdAngel

Nope, that is a false claim on your part. Your inability to understand how you failed is not my problem. Everyone else can see your repeated failures, well except for the Kool-Aid drinkers.

If you do not understand a point you need to ask questions. If I ask you a question you need to answer. I doubt if you can do that.

Ok my friend wish you all the best. Thankyou for the discussion. You may not see it but you have only proven my point and for this I thank you :)

3rdAngel

That you have an inability to debate? We already knew that. I gave you reasonable guidelines. As usual you ran away.

Your the one refusing to address post # 688 linked that shows why you are in error not me and then pretending you have addressed this post when I know you haven't. Then when challenged on this claim to post the link you refuse to do so. That is you running away not me. The fact that you cannot prove your claims only supports what I have shared with you. As posted earlier you may not see it but you have only proven my point and for this I thank you my friend. Let's talk more when you want to have an honest discussion. I do sincerely wish only the best for you. :)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Your the one refusing to address post # 688 linked that shows why you are in error not me and then pretending you have addressed this post when I know you haven't. Then when challenged on this claim to post the link you refuse to do so. That is you running away not me. The fact that you cannot prove your claims only supports what I have shared with you. As posted earlier you may not see it but you have only proven my point and for this I thank you my friend. Let's talk more when you want to have an honest discussion. I do sincerely wish only the best for you. :)
I addressed it, you ignored it.

Try again.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
How many times did I have to point out the false narrative raised in that post, @3rdAngel ? You responded by denying it or not understanding it. I am not doing your homework for you.

3rdAngel

How many times did I have to point out the false narrative raised in that post, @3rdAngel ? You responded by denying it or not understanding it. I am not doing your homework for you.
You are confused. There was no false narrative. Post # 688 linked, provides the scripture context you ignored and demonstrates your interpretation in regards to 1 CORINTHIANS 7:8 as being false. Notice how I post the links to my posts that prove I am telling the truth for all to see? I have nothing to hide unlike you my friend :)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Denying the scripture context that shows why you are in error and making false claims also does not make the scriptures disappear. Something to think about don't you think? :)
I didn't deny the context. I pointed out that context does not help you. Learn the difference.

3rdAngel

I didn't deny the context. I pointed out that context does not help you. Learn the difference.

Sure the context helps 100% it shows that Paul is making a distingtion between sex in fornication and sex in marriage and stating that sex in marriage is acceptable and sex outside of marriage (fornication) is not acceptable. This is not what your claiming Paul is saying. The details are provided in post # 688 linked, for all to see which you simply run away from :)

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sure the context helps 100% it shows that Paul is making a distingtion between sex in fornication and sex in marriage and stating that sex in marriage is acceptable and sex outside of marriage (fornication) is not acceptable. This is not what your claimings Paul is saying. The details is provided in post # 688 linked, for all to see which you simply run away from :)
No, it does not help you. This is your false narrative. No one ignored that part of Paul's message. You lose a debate when you use such tactics. You are trying to cover up the fact that you cannot explain the verse where he goes above and beyond that.

3rdAngel

No, it does not help you. This is your false narrative. No one ignored that part of Paul's message. You lose a debate when you use such tactics. You are trying to cover up the fact that you cannot explain the verse where he goes above and beyond that.
I am sorry my friend scripture context is not a false narrative it is simply the scriptures the provide the context to the post you were quoting from that shows why your interpretation is in error. If you disagree you are free to show why. If you cannot why not take correction and learn from your mistakes? The verse is explained in detail in post # 688 linked which is the reason why you will not address it :)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I am sorry my friend scripture context is not a false narrative it is simply the scriptures the provide the context to the post you were quoting from that shows why your interpretation is in error. If you disagree you are free to show why. If you cannot why not take correction and learn from your mistakes? The verse is explained in detail in post # 688 linked which is the reason why you will not address it :)
Oh my! I never said that the Bible was a false narrative. You were the one guilty of that sin. This indicates that you have very poor reading comprehension. No wonder that you cannot understand the refutation.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Doesn't scripture say that all fall short? Does anyone perfectly follow all of the commandments and rules? Nope. So, no true Scotsman, or appeal to purity fallacy. You have to do better than that.

There’s a big difference between giving in to a moment of weakness, and making a practice of something.

You couldn’t figure that out?

3rdAngel

Oh my! I never said that the Bible was a false narrative. You were the one guilty of that sin. This indicates that you have very poor reading comprehension. No wonder that you cannot understand the refutation.

I cannot understand your refutation because you never made one. Post # 688 linked provides the scripture context (all the scripture surrounding the single scripture you cherry picked) you left out of the interpretation of the scriptures. The scriptures are the narative in post # 688 linked. Now lets use our logic. If the scripture narative is not my words but scripture (Gods Word or the bible) and your calling it a false narative then who are you calling a false narative me of the bible? I suggest you think your posts and arguments through before posting. Your contradicting yourself now :)

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Also why honest discussion is impossible....
Honest discussion is always possible if people are being honest. Seems some do not like this path as it shows they may have to change what they believe. The is a lot of truth in the scripture "This is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness (error and falsehood) rather than light (truth), because their deeds were evil. Every one that does evil hates the light (truth), neither comes to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. Many are called but few are chosen. This is a hard saying for the many.