• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Understanding the holy scriptures is impossible unless God gives you the interpretation

3rdAngel

I am genuinely interested in the why he thinks himself better than God.
If he actually believes that one has to have Gods permission to understand the Bible, why would he think that throwing Bible verses at you, whom he believes cannot understand what he is saying about the verses, would do anything other than stroke his own ego?

To be honest I am amazed how you would claim I am better then God when I have directly posted to you in person the opposite of what your claiming. To me this is simply being dishonest but I guess those who do not believe in God have no boundries or understanding of what is right and what is wrong.

3rdAngel

I notice you have edited this above quoted post to add a bunch of scripture to it. Why, when you believe that I have no way of understanding it?
Simply to add scriptural evidence to my claim that the scriptures can only be understood if God is our teacher and guide. I believe this is biblical and provided the scriptures that say as much to support my claims as evidence to the fact. :)

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
What makes you think I am only posting for this persons benefit? :)
Then why flat out lie about it?
This appears to be nothing more than back peddling.

Never a waste of time sharing God's Word with anyone IMO. It is like planting seeds. A seeds cannot grow if it is not planted. It also does not mean every seed will grow.
How does "planting a seed" help said field get Gods permission to understand?

This thread is also in relation to scripture so it is also the appriate place to do so and as posted above why do you think I am only posting to those who do not believe? No one knows when a seed can grow if put into the soil. However if there is no seed nothing can grow. Some may not believe today but who knows if seeds planted today my grow tomorrow? :)
So it is your belief that constantly assaulting people you believe cannot possibly understand scripture will some how convince God to give the person you are assaulting with scripture permission to understand the scripture?

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
To be honest I am amazed how you would claim I am better then God when I have directly posted to you in person the opposite of what your claiming. To me this is simply being dishonest but I guess those who do not believe in God have no boundries or understanding of what is right and what is wrong.
Ah, ad hominem
You are quite guilty of that which you accuse others.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Simply to add scriptural evidence to my claim that the scriptures can only be understood if God is our teacher and guide. I believe this is biblical and provided the scriptures that say as much to support my claims as evidence to the fact. :)
Except you have yet to demonstrate your belief as fact.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
He may not be lying. He may simply lack comprehension.
I have to disagree.
He threw all manner of scripture at you, then argued about said scripture, then claimed he did not throw any scripture at you, then claimed he threw scripture at you in a seed planting attempt.

So he flat out lied when he said he did not throw scripture at you, then tried covering up the lie with the seed planting story.

Last edited by a moderator:

3rdAngel

Then why flat out lie about it?
I haven't lied about anything. What are you accusing me of lying about?

This appears to be nothing more than back peddling.

I see. I tell you the truth and you do not like the answer. Well I can only be honest with you. You are free to believe as you wish. At least I am at peace with what I believe. How about you?

How does "planting a seed" help said field get Gods permission to understand?

God is not willing that anyone should perish. Even you. Though he never forces us to believe and follow his Word. This is our decision to believe and follow or not believe and follow. I believe we all stand before God come judgment day :)

So it is your belief that constantly assaulting people you believe cannot possibly understand scripture will some how convince God to give the person you are assaulting with scripture permission to understand the scripture?

I believe those who deny Gods' Word cannot understand the scripture. It is not up to me to say who will believe and who will not believe and who may not believe today but may believe tomorrow. You do know people change their minds right?

Last edited:

3rdAngel

I have to disagree.
He threw all manner of scripture at you, then argued about said scripture, then claimed he did not throw any scripture at you, then claimed he threw scripture at you in a seed planting attempt.

So he flat out lied when you said he did not throw scripture at you, then tried covering up the lie with the seed planting story.

No! You simply twisted what was written to you. In order to make a false argument. As I posted earlier this is simply being dishonest of you. I shared scriptures because scripture was the topic being discussed. I did not throw scriptures at anyone. If you followed the conversation you would know this. If you have your simply being dishonest which is sad for you.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I haven't lied about anything? What are you accusing me of lying about?
You flat out lied when you claimed to have not thrown scripture

I see. I tell you the truth and you do not like the answer. Well I can only be honest with you. You are free to believe as you wish. At least I am at peace with what I believe. How about you?
Except your "truth" appears to be nothing more than back peddling and now diversion.
Any God that approves of such recruitment tactics is not any God I want dealing with.

God is not willing that anyone should perish. Even you. Though he never forces us to believe and follow his Word. This is our decision to believe and follow or not believe and follow. I believe we all stand before God come judgment day :)
Save your empty threats for those who might be intimidated by them.

I believe those who deny Gods' Word cannot understand the scripture. It is not up to me to say who will believe and who will not believe and who may not believe today but may believe tomorrow. You do know people change their minds right?
More blatant avoidance of the point.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
No! You simply twisted what was written to you. In order to make a false argument. As I posted earlier this is simply being dishonest of you. I shared scriptures because scripture was the topic being discussed. I did not throw scriptures at anyone. If you followed the conversation you would know this. If you have your simply being dishonest which is sad for you.
Your transference is most comical in a sad depressive way.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I have to disagree.

So he flat out lied when you said he did not throw scripture at you, then tried covering up the lie with the seed planting story.
Earlier in our discussion he demonstrated that he could not understand a simple dictionary deflection that he linked, he could not understand the concept of him forming a false narrative, he does not understand most of the terminology that he uses. He does not understand the burden of proof. He uses smilies in an incredibly immature fashion. The list goes on and on. As a result his posts scream "I'm in eighth grade" to me. He does parrot very well and that can throw a person off.hi

He either simply does not and cannot understand, or you are right about him lying. For now I am assuming that he is honest. Unfortunately that means I will have to lower my posts to an eighth grade level for him to understand.

3rdAngel

You flat out lied when you claimed to have not thrown scripture

I believe you are the one trying to lie because your made the claim that I was going around throwing scripture everywhere when I was not. Read the whole thread. I have only posted scripture where the scriptures were already being discussed. You saying otherwise is you lying. Though I guess this is what people seek to do when they do not want to address the content of the posts and do not want to have a discussion so they seel to make a diversion (ad hom comments).

Except your "truth" appears to be nothing more than back peddling and now diversion.Any God that approves of such recruitment tactics is not any God I want dealing with.

I would suggest that this is your diversion because you are not wanting a discussion. Then again you have your faith and I have mine. I am at peace with what I believe. Seems you are not at peace with what you believe are you

Save your empty threats for those who might be intimidated by them.

I have not made any empty threats to you. I have only shared with you what I believe. Time will tell if what I say is true and not true. It should not concern you if you have peace in what you believe. If you had peace in what you believe however you would not be here having this conversation with me. I believe you have no peace and are questioning what you believe IMO

More blatant avoidance of the point.

There was no avoiding anything. I simply answered your post as to what I believe. Seems you did not like the answer. I believe you know deep down inside I am telling you the truth but you do not want to hear it IMO :)

Last edited:

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Earlier in our discussion he demonstrated that he could not understand a simple dictionary deflection that he linked, he could not understand the concept of him forming a false narrative, he does not understand most of the terminology that he uses. He does not understand the burden of proof. He uses smilies in an incredibly immature fashion. The list goes on and on. As a result his posts scream "I'm in eighth grade" to me. He does parrot very well and that can throw a person off.hi

He either simply does not and cannot understand, or you are right about him lying. For now I am assuming that he is honest. Unfortunately that means I will have to lower my posts to an eighth grade level for him to understand.
I seriously doubt that lowering the level will make any difference.

3rdAngel

Ok gents nice talking with you both. There is no point though hanging around here IMO with all the ad hom and false accusations going around at the moment. Let me know when you would like an honest discussion. Untill then have fun. I only wish you all the best. :)

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Ok gents nice talking with you both. There is no point though hanging aroung here IMO with all the ad hom and false comments going around here at the moment. Let me know when you would like an honest discussion. Untill then have fun. I only wish you all the best. :)

All I can do is plant seeds hoping it will convince God to give you permission to understand.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
I found an explanation of a similar line of thinking in a Freemason book I read.

The scenario I am thinking of is what Freemasons consider pure Freemasonry and spurious freemasonry. Freemasons central belief is that there is one God and all of us have an immortal soul.

They consider ancient Judaism to be the pure form of worship and i think they consider Christianity the same. I think they consider Islam in that category too. Those are the pure freemasonry religions as outrightly teach the one God and the immortalitu of the soul (suspect in Judaisms case). The symbolic rituals are to keep them pure.

The other religions they consider as teaching the truth about God and the Immortal soul, but the public persecuted the founders for teaching the truth so the truth had to be revealed in the mystery groups of those religions, in which initiates had to undergo initiations to have the truth about the one God revealed to them. The lay people were taught about the true God through Polytheism by the use of symbology. The immortal soul teaching was preserved. So for instance the gods of hinduism are said to be personifacations of the attributes of the one God. This is spurious freemasonry.

So monotheism teaches the truth directly whereas the other religions teach the truth symbolically and the differences in each religion is because the public couldnt handle the truth and had to be taught aspects of the truth through other means. The religions had to be adapted to what appealed to them and only the amount of truth they could handle.

I read this in Symbols of Freemasonry by Mackey (cant remember his initials).

Freemasonry is another group that I study and they ideas are fascinating. But it seems like what they believe as to how this all came about is that humanity went astray in worship and a few people were chosen by God to remain pure and the others taught the truth gradually.

Replace term "freemasonry" with the "true faith" and I think you have an example of how all the religions tie together if manifestations revealed each of them.
Thanks for bringing the Freemasons into the discussion. My father was a member and became the grandmaster of his lodge. However he never really talked about it. They don’t advertise or approach people to join, not even family members. It is really a part of what used to be called the old boys network. Their main focus was charitable works and to join you had to have good character and swear an oath of allegiance on whatever Sacred writings was part of your faith. However one of the rules was never talk religion or politics. They didn’t consider themselves a religion yet were open to admitting people of any of the main religious faiths. Their secrecy led to all sorts of conspiracy theories. The only criticism I have of the organisation is that it doesn’t admit women.

There’s this idea in the JWs of going back to pure Christianity. I don’t think it works because the nature of religion is that some of the original teachings are for a set period of time. Some Mosaic and Sharia laws are the best examples. There is no place for many of the corporal or capital punishments in the modern world.

3rdAngel

Except you have yet to demonstrate your belief as fact.
I agree for many things I cannot prove (e.g. miricales) I live by faith in the witnesses of the scriptures. On the other hand, you have not demonstrated your belief as fact either so I guess in a way, we both live by faith for which we will all know who is right and who is wrong soon enough. According to the sciptures though, IMO, I would not want to be on the otherside of the fence if what the scriptures say are true. At the end of the day, my friend I have peace in what I believe, how about you if you cannot prove there is no God? Haven't you ever wondered what is the meaning of life and that maybe there is more to life then eating, sleeping and dying? Then if you cannot prove what you believe then there is simply the possibility that you are wrong. Does this not worry you? According to the scriptures it should IMO, though we are all free to believe as we wish. I hope only the best for you and wish you well. Nice talking to you. :)

Last edited: