• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Understanding the holy scriptures is impossible unless God gives you the interpretation

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Goodness nice hand waive. All you have shown is your reluctance to face the evidence provided to you in post # 688 linked that proves why you are in error by cherry picking the scriptures to try and make them say things they do not say.

If you disagree address post # 688 above that proves why you are in error. If you cannot why not simply accept correction and benefit by it. Your only demonstrating you do not understand the scriptures because you do not know God and proving the bible true... as they say spiritual things are spiritually discerned and the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God neither can he know them....

Sorry my friend context matter and you have provided none. :)

Your argument was a weak hand wave. That was all that it took to refute it. Until you address your errors we are done.

Number one is why did you rely on a strawman argument? That is a dishonest way to debate from the start. I know, if you tried to address the points I brought up you would realize that you were wrong.

Please do not refer to your own terribly ignorant posts as if you made a point. That is not a proper debating technique. Deal with the argument that you were presented with.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Creationists are typically halfassed in every claim they make.

Sorry, but I can't help thinking that this describes your own claims....:rolleyes:

For Pete's sake, stop pretending to be a Christian. You dismiss everything that the Bible teaches....without which you would know nothing about God or his Christ in the first place.

sooda

Veteran Member
You present some shallow thinking, but so do many others.

From where, do you think, the fresh water came, to form the ice that caused the Freeze (Ice Age)? It was massive volumes!!
Have you ever thought of that?

Probably not. It just happened, eh?

Did you go to school at all?

Do you know what evaporation is or condensation or snow?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You present some shallow thinking, but so do many others.

From where, do you think, the fresh water came, to form the ice that caused the Freeze (Ice Age)? It was massive volumes!!
Have you ever thought of that?

Probably not. It just happened, eh?
Oh my, good thing I hid my irony meters. But then you have been refuted so many times in your flood nonsense that you have to ignore half of the posters here. We can date certain events. We can date the Greenland and Antarctic Ice Caps. They tell us there was no flood since ice floats in this world.

3rdAngel

Your argument was a weak hand wave. That was all that it took to refute it. Until you address your errors we are done.

Number one is why did you rely on a strawman argument? That is a dishonest way to debate from the start. I know, if you tried to address the points I brought up you would realize that you were wrong.

Please do not refer to your own terribly ignorant posts as if you made a point. That is not a proper debating technique. Deal with the argument that you were presented with.

Sorry did you say something? Please let me know when you want to be honest and discuss the posts and the scriptures provided to you that show why you are in error instead of running away from them. Ignoring God's Word does not make it disappear. Until then believe as you wish. We all answer only to God come judgment day IMO :)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sorry, but I can't help thinking that this describes your own claims....:rolleyes:

For Pete's sake, stop pretending to be a Christian. You dismiss everything that the Bible teaches....without which you would know nothing about God or his Christ in the first place.
So would I be justified in saying that someone that claims that God is a liar is not a Christian? Watch who you accuse of not being a Christian. Those same standards can be applied to you.

sooda

Veteran Member

The Bible was written for superstitious bronze age people..Do you think it has NO merit for modern people? Do you have to embrace ignorance and superstition to be a Christian?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sorry did you say something? Please let me know when you want to be honest and discuss the posts and the scriptures provided to you that show why you are in error. Ignoring God's Word does not make it disappear. Until then believe as you wish. We all answer only to God come judgment day IMO :)
Oh my, now you are repeating the foolish and ignorant "God's Word" claim. No wonder you cannot understand the Bible.

3rdAngel

Oh my, now you are repeating the foolish and ignorant "God's Word" claim. No wonder you cannot understand the Bible.
Says someone that cannot prove that there is no God or understands the bible. I guess you would want to hope you are correct. If the scriptures are true your position is not a very nice place to be in IMO. At least I am at peace in what I believe. I can understand why you are not :)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You give most of them far to much credit...

Half assed indeed...
Yes, pretty much full donkeyed. Sadly they cannot understand their own book of myths because understanding would cause them to reject huge swathes of it.

Fear appears to be the cause of their inability. The JW's have several rather cult like behaviors that they employ to keep their believers in line. It sadly makes otherwise intelligent people appear to be rather dense to say the least.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Says someone that cannot prove that there is no God or understands the bible. I guess you would want to hope you are correct. If the scriptures are true your position is not a very nice place to by in IMO. At least I am at peace in what I believe. I can understand why you are not :)
Shifting the burden of proof and using strawman arguments is a dishonest way to debate. If you were "at peace" then why do you seem to have so much trouble debating properly? I have a hard time believing that claim. Your actions speak more loudly than your words.

3rdAngel

Yes, pretty much full donkeyed. Sadly they cannot understand their own book of myths because understanding would cause them to reject huge swathes of it.

Fear appears to be the cause of their inability. The JW's have several rather cult like behaviors that they employ to keep their believers in line. It sadly makes otherwise intelligent people appear to be rather dense to say the least.

For someone that does not understand the bible and believes there is no God. You sure like to spend a lot of your time talking about him. It seems you are still trying to convince yourself IMO. You have no peace in what you believe do you. :)

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
The Bible was written for superstitious bronze age people..Do you think it has NO merit for modern people? Do you have to embrace ignorance and superstition to be a Christian?

No, but you have to have faith in God's word as Jesus did. Your whole attitude wouldn't be a joke if you identified as an atheist.

3rdAngel

Shifting the burden of proof and using strawman arguments is a dishonest way to debate. If you were "at peace" then why do you seem to have so much trouble debating properly? I have a hard time believing that claim. Your actions speak more loudly than your words.

Yes strawman strawman. If you can prove strawman prove it. If you cannot why make claims you cannot prove? I guess this is your faith. It is not mine. So we will have to agree to disagree :)

sooda

Veteran Member
No, but you have to have faith in God's word as Jesus did. Your whole attitude wouldn't be a joke if you identified as an atheist.

I reject the idea that you have to be ignorant or superstitious to be a Christian.

God's words? The Bible was written by men.

74x12

There are three types of "wisdom" in the scriptures.

For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: (1 Corinthians 1:22)
John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven. (John 3:27)
  • Secular wisdom (symbolized by Greeks)
  • Religious wisdom (symbolized by Jews)
  • God's wisdom (received only by divine revelation and excludes boasting)

Nothing has changed since then. Only the names are changed. Instead of Jews it's many religions we see today (even Christians) and instead of Greeks it's all those who claim secular or scientific wisdom/knowledge.

The things of God are hidden from the two former categories but the truth of God is revealed to small children. Many are looking in the wrong places for wisdom. Many will try to enter and will not be able. Because the gate is tight and the way is very narrow.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
For someone that does not understand the bible and believes there is no God. You sure like to spend a lot of your time talking about him. It seems you are still trying to convince yourself IMO. You have no peace in what you believe do you. :)
I mainly argue against creationists since they have to lie to support their beliefs. To date no one here can find an honest and informed creationist. But sometimes I debate with Christians that cannot understand their own book of myths. And unlike them I at least can debate properly.

Perhaps we should revisit your errors in regard to Paul. Let's keep this simple since you like to hide behind excessively obscuring posts at times.

Do you understand that no one has denied that Paul believed sexual relations outside of marriage to be wrong?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yes strawman strawman. If you can prove strawman prove it. If you cannot why make claims you cannot prove? I guess this is your faith. It is not mine. So we will have to agree to disagree :)
I have. In fact you proved by your own source that you did not understand that you use a strawman when you try to describe what atheism is. Making claiming that one cannot prove is the game of literalists.