• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Understanding the holy scriptures is impossible unless God gives you the interpretation

Audie

Veteran Member
There was once a large inland sea in America.

1. Western Interior Seaway - Wikipedia
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Interior_Seaway
    The Western Interior Seaway (also called the Cretaceous Seaway, the Niobraran Sea, the North American Inland Sea, and the Western Interior Sea) was a large inland sea that existed during the mid- to late Cretaceous period as well as the very early Paleogene, splitting the continent of North America into two landmasses, Laramidia to the west and Appalachia to the east.

2. Inland sea (geology) - Wikipedia
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inland_sea_(geology)
    An inland sea (also known as an epeiric sea or an epicontinental sea) is a shallow sea that covers central areas of continents during periods of high sea level that result in marine transgressions. In modern times, continents stand high, eustatic sea levels are low, and there are few inland seas, the largest being Hudson Bay.

Nice links but I am guessing I am more familiar
with same than you, so ifn its for me you neednt have.

sooda

Veteran Member
Unrelated to whale bones in egypt.
Try to stay on tooic?

• he whale bones were found in the Wati El Hitan in the Egyptian desert, once covered by a huge prehistoric ocean, and one of the finds is a 37 million-year-old skeleton of a legged form of whale that measures more than 65 feet (20 metres) long.
Reference:
us.whales.org/news/2016/01/huge-prehistoric-whales-found-in-egyptian-desert
https://us.whales.org/news/2016/01/huge-prehistoric-whales-found-in-egyptian-desert

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Look at a map.
To what end?
Either Cairo is in Egypt so there is flooding in Egypt or Cairo is not in Egypt in order for there to be no flooding in Egypt.

Don't get me started on the flooding that happens along the Nile river, except, apparently, in Egypt.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Honest like dont steal, or honest about not lying?
Honest like intellectually honest?

Lying is a bit hard to define but- speaking facts
not in evidence, without knowledge of the matter,
based on preconceived ideas and subjected to
no diligence...

That will get you in a lot of trouble if you do
that in court. It is NOT HONEST.

This is actually pretty profound. Especially the "no diligence" part. Never thought of dishonesty in that way before.

So not making an effort to know the actual facts is being intellectually dishonest?

McBell

Rats. No argument???
Well, this is the year of the rat and I am born of the rat, so it must be your lucky day.

Though if you like, I can go all creationistic on you and just pull a bunch of BS out my backside...?

Audie

Veteran Member
Probably.....
Morevthan that even.
Unless you've criss crossed the plains withba geologist,
seen bits of crinoid come up out of a drill hole, collected
fossils in roadcuts etc.

Not to play see I know more, just, no need for links such as
thoughtfully provided. :D

McBell

So not making an effort to know the actual facts is being intellectually dishonest?
IMO, no.
If you do not know something, you do not know something.

However, when you learn of something and ignore it, regardless of the reason, that is intellectual dishonesty.
Not the only form, but a form non the less.

sooda

Veteran Member
Morevthan that even.
Unless you've criss crossed the plains withba geologist,
seen bits of crinoid come up out of a drill hole, collected
fossils in roadcuts etc.

Not to play see I know more, just, no need for links such as
thoughtfully provided. :D

I have collected fossils and studied core samples.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
IMO, no.

However, when you learn of something and ignore it, regardless of the reason, that is intellectual dishonesty.

So willful ignorance?

So when presented with a claim backed up by proof, and you say that it is a lie without actually checking the proof presented, would that be intellectual dishonesty?

Audie

Veteran Member
IMO, no.

In kansas, Nebrasks, Dakota, Montana and Alberta?

My step dad didnt raise no city girl who never got out of town!

Anyway, good that such things are not unfamiliar to you,
but topic was north america not ksa.

Audie

Veteran Member
So willful ignorance?

So when presented with a claim backed up by proof, and you say that it is a lie without actually checking the proof presented, would that be intellectual dishonesty?

This would take some working through, but I was modtly on
the subject of stating facts not in evidence.

Howabout someone asks the forecast, you dont know
but say clear and wind below 10 knots, and on your
statement someone goes out and dies in a gale?

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
This would take some working through, but I was modtly on
the subject of stating facts not in evidence.

Howabout someone asks the forecast, you dont know
but say clear and wind below 10 knots, and on your
statement someone goes out and dies in a gale?

Well making claims and saying they are facts based on no evidence whatsoever is pretty much lying. Your illustration certainly illustrates the potential dangers of sayong such things.

Another one:

I claim that my prophet spoke to God and that his writings told me to kill all non- believers and apostates. Yet I havent established the existence of God as a fact or that the prophet ever spoke to such a being. My claims cause a massacre.