• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two men doesn't make a mother

David T

Premium Member
"Two men doesn't make a mother" is the title of the campaign started by a right-wing association fighting the legalization of gay parenthood \ surrogate pregnancy.

f7c6b266b48b52b888acd15686984fae_XL.jpg

The mayor of Rome Virginia Raggi ordered to have those billboards immediately removed...because they are offensive towards gay parental couples and LGBT community.

24.0.701428194-kQpB-U3020262489425SEB-1224x916@Corriere-Web-Roma-593x443.jpg

Raggi's decision obviously made Giorgia Meloni, very angry, since she was a supporter of this campaign.

1489915090854.jpg--giorgia_meloni__basta_uomini_soli_al_comando.jpg
Let the ladies decide. Although personally. They seem conflicted on this topic!!!!

Jumi

Like all politics, it's a play on meanings evoked by words. When you think of mothers, you have a certain image... it is like they are saying fathers not that important? I'd say more important than having a father or mother is having parent(s).

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Anyone vaguely interested in mothers, and not political statements would know that there are good mothers and bad mothers.
Good mothers are good because they love their children and are worthy of utmost respect.
Bad mothers managed to fall pregnant and give birth.

This

Stanyon

WWMRD?
There was a curious study awhile back that found same-sex couples raise mentally and emotionally healthier children on average than mixed-sex couples. I don't know if the study has ever been supported by further studies.

That seems to be the want and wish for many supporters, that somehow gay and lesbian couples are these magical unions that seem to produce better parents but I imagine the truth about gay and lesbian parents is that the children are no better or worse off than being raised by straight couples.

Here is a collection of studies from Cornell University:

What We Know | What does the scholarly research say about the well-being of children with gay or lesbian parents? | What We Know

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Like all politics, it's a play on meanings evoked by words. When you think of mothers, you have a certain image... it is like they are saying fathers not that important? I'd say more important than having a father or mother is having parent(s).
Exactly...children can have wonderful gay parents...and parental love doesn't depend on gender.
Although I still oppose the practice of fabricating children through surrogate pregnancy

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
The thing about same-sex couples is that their children are more likely to be planned and prepared for for obvious reasons, and they probably strive harder than average since they're held under much more scrutiny.

That is the thing considering that same sex couples have to adopt (I believe some adoption agencies have restrictions on this however).

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I'm aware of at least a few studies that suggest a tendency towards same-sex couples raising children who are better off mentally and emotionally.

Right but consequently these few studies does not mean being in a homosexual household means a healthier child rearing. There are so many confounding factors to determine this.

Jumi

Exactly...children can have wonderful gay parents...and parental love doesn't depend on gender.
Although I still oppose the practice of fabricating children through surrogate pregnancy
Agreed. I'm also opposed to surrogates, there are too many children that need adoption.

Milton Platt

"Two men doesn't make a mother" is the title of the campaign started by a right-wing association fighting the legalization of gay parenthood \ surrogate pregnancy.

f7c6b266b48b52b888acd15686984fae_XL.jpg

The mayor of Rome Virginia Raggi ordered to have those billboards immediately removed...because they are offensive towards gay parental couples and LGBT community.

24.0.701428194-kQpB-U3020262489425SEB-1224x916@Corriere-Web-Roma-593x443.jpg

Raggi's decision obviously made Giorgia Meloni, very angry, since she was a supporter of this campaign.

1489915090854.jpg--giorgia_meloni__basta_uomini_soli_al_comando.jpg

I think it is a stupid tag line, amd I can see how someone would disapprove. But I don’t see how censorship should come into play. Gay billboards are also offensive to some people....should they als be censored? No in both cases.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I consider Virginia and her party good...I would support them. Nevertheless Giorgia has important international ties...with Steve Bannon...Orban and M Le Pen
Bannon is a Leninist who is trying to destroy society. He has admitted this. No nationalist has any business allying with him (I am a nationalist, too). He also looks like a bloated corpse and I expect him to keel over and die any day now.
Steve Bannon, Trump’s Top Guy, Told Me He Was ‘a Leninist’

The only decent one you mentioned is Marine Le Pen.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There was a curious study awhile back that found same-sex couples raise mentally and emotionally healthier children on average than mixed-sex couples. I don't know if the study has ever been supported by further studies.
That makes some sense since those people really wanted to have those kids. Some parents seem to feel that they were stuck with their children against their will. Is it any wonder that a couple that went out of their way to raise children might do a better job than those who forgot to wear a condom one night?

suncowiam

The thing about same-sex couples is that their children are more likely to be planned and prepared for for obvious reasons, and they probably strive harder than average since they're held under much more scrutiny.

You have a great point.

I rent to low income folks and, frankly, I have so many applicants that are single mothers raising 3-4 kids. It is what it is but we have to educate folks that having children is a huge responsibility that will require a lifetime of commitment.