• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Truth: either God exists or He don't.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
It's easy to fail something if you test it by proxy. You trust other peoples tests and you have placed your faith in their conclusion.
That's a very serious and dangerous thing to do, your eternal security depends on what you do with the truth
Haven't you put your faith in Jesus and the teaching he gave 2000 years ago?
How do you test your own faith in Jesus?

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
You trust other peoples tests and you have placed your faith in their conclusion.

That's exactly what you've done regarding a young earth. The problem being that the sources you trust demonstrably misrepresent and distort the science they reject. If they presented it honesty, they'd have to admit they reject it simply though blind faith, rather than evidence.

Just occasionally you find a creationist who's honest enough to admit that that is what they do: The truth about evolution

Pilgrim Soldier

The irony is that you've immersed yourself in one of the most truth-denying cults on the planet, that can only maintain its hold on people by feeding them distortions and misinformation (you're still ignoring Glen Morton's story, for example), and you seem terrified to learn, or even look at, the smallest fraction of the real truth. Anything that in any way contradicts the misinformation you hold on to so tightly, must be totally ignored (for example, people not believing that everything came from nothing; they must do, that's what you've been told by your cult).
There is only One truth in the universe and anyone who denies this is a liar and they don't deserve my attention. The Lord Jesus Christ said "I am the truth", so now that we know who the truth is, we can safely flush all the other opposing voices down the toilet.
I have no choice but to embrace and believe the truth, until someone comes along and proves Him wrong. Millions have been trying to find a shred of evidence against Him for the past 2000 years and so far they have come up with a big fat ZERO.
So yeah, your welcome to join those who have failed 100% of the time, I personally call them (losers) since my definition of a foolish loser is someone who keeps repeating the same failed experiment for 2000 years, but expecting a different result. That's the the true definition of the word loser

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
There is only One truth in the universe and anyone who denies this is a liar and they don't deserve my attention. The Lord Jesus Christ said "I am the truth", so now that we know who the truth is, we can safely flush all the other opposing voices down the toilet.
I have no choice but to embrace and believe the truth, until someone comes along and proves Him wrong. Millions have been trying to find a shred of evidence against Him for the past 2000 years and so far they have come up with a big fat ZERO.
So yeah, your welcome to join those who have failed 100% of the time, I personally call them (losers) since my definition of a foolish loser is someone who keeps repeating the same failed experiment for 2000 years, but expecting a different result. That's the the true definition of the word loser
Would Jesus call others looser for not believing in him?

Pilgrim Soldier

The Bible does not say that Jesus is coming a second time. The Bible does not say that Jesus will take the kingdoms of this world and destroy the kings. The Bible does say that Jesus is not coming back to this world.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

I am not sure what Bible you are reading but it must be an edition other than the widely published English translations.
I study the NKJV, which does teach that Jesus is coming back. Last time I checked, the clouds were a part of the earth but you're welcome to believe they're a part of deep space

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It's easy to fail something if you test it by proxy. You trust other peoples tests and you have placed your faith in their conclusion.
That's a very serious and dangerous thing to do, your eternal security depends on what you do with the truth

Please. No more lame excuses. You appear to be very very afraid. You are effectively shouting and strutting in a place suited for rational discourse. Only the fearful would act in such a manner.

Pilgrim Soldier

So why is it that you appear to know nothing at all about real science and real evidence?
I don't know how much you know about pseudo science but I guarantee you I know twice as much as you do about it.
You make accusations but you have never asked me any questions about what you accuse me of being ignorant about

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
She quotes or should I say (misquotes) the Bible all them time, so I assumed she was a Christian since the whole Bible is about the Lord Jesus Christ from cover to cover
No, the Bible is not about Jesus from cover to cover. You should read it sometime. She is not an Atheist, but an atheist could have done the same.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I put my faith in Jesus, because I met Him and He performed miracles for me to prove His claims.
I can not disprove you :) its your personal experiences and i am happy for you.
But may i ask how you can be sure you saw Jesus?
Of course you may ask me the same about my experience with Muhammad:)

I could not answer so others could understand, because it was a personal experience. So even i told you, you would maybe say it was a false experience.
I do not blame you for that.

Pilgrim Soldier

That's exactly what you've done regarding a young earth. The problem being that the sources you trust demonstrably misrepresent and distort the science they reject. If they presented it honesty, they'd have to admit they reject it simply though blind faith, rather than evidence.

Just occasionally you find a creationist who's honest enough to admit that that is what they do: The truth about evolution
Everyone has a simple choice, since nobody knows anything about anything. You can either believe those who don't know anything or you can believe in the only One true Creator God who knows everything.

The choice seems to be a no brainier but you'd be surprised how may choose the wrong option

ratiocinator

Everyone has a simple choice, since nobody knows anything about anything. You can either believe those who don't know anything or you can believe in the only One true Creator God who knows everything.

Actually we can believe what the actual evidence tells us (which if we assume a god, would also be what god has left us) or we can believe a cult of people who distort and misrepresent the evidence and the theories who want to cling to a particular interpretation of an old, inconsistent and often self-contradictory book of myths.

The choice seems to be a no brainier but you'd be surprised how may choose the wrong option

Indeed.

ratiocinator

I don't know how much you know about pseudo science but I guarantee you I know twice as much as you do about it.

Assuming your "pseudo science" actually refers to real science, the evidence in your posts (and the material you've linked to) tells a different story.

Pilgrim Soldier

May it be that he spoke about those who sinned to much, who would not be able to see the truth in the teaching, and not about every living human being who was or are not Christians?
Jesus is the most fair person in the universe, He promised to never punish anyone more than their sin deserves. He also chose some to set His affection upon and not punish them at all, but grant them eternal paradise.
God is not like allah or any of the other gods, He is merciful and loving and righteous

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Jesus is the most fair person in the universe, He promised to never punish anyone more than their sin deserves. He also chose some to set His affection upon and not punish them at all, but grant them eternal paradise.
God is not like allah or any of the other gods, He is merciful and loving and righteous
You do know Allah is arabic for God? And speaking from my personal experiences since i become a Muslim, Allah have given me the most beautiful gift i could even dream of, the wisdom about who I truly am.

Pilgrim Soldier

Actually we can believe what the actual evidence tells us (which if we assume a god, would also be what god has left us) or we can believe a cult of people who distort and misrepresent the evidence and the theories who want to cling to a particular interpretation of an old, inconsistent and often self-contradictory book of myths.

Indeed.
What is "actual evidence"??? yep I thought so. Your evidence is a wild unproven and impossible theory and you call it evidence. Man talk about selling yourself short

Pilgrim Soldier

Assuming your "pseudo science" actually refers to real science, the evidence in your posts (and the material you've linked to) tells a different story.
When I said I know more about it, I didn't mean I believe more about it than you do. Knowing about something and believing in it are two different things

Pilgrim Soldier

You do know Allah is arabic for God? And speaking from my personal experiences since i become a Muslim, Allah have given me the most beautiful gift i could even dream of, the wisdom about who I truly am.
The Muslim god is a different God to the One who revealed Himself through His Prophets, His Word, the Bible and who came into the world as the Lord Jesus Christ.

The Muslim god is a single entity, the God of the Bible exists as One God in three persons so they are not the same God.